Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20220406-200400_Chrome (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

#1 2 years ago

I ordered my Godzilla Premium from Operation Pinball in November and they just tried to scalp my game to me for $3K over retail. I've had opportunities to buy from events and passed because I thought I had a NIB coming within a decent amount of time and didn't sweat it. Lesson learned.

You can debate on whether this is fair or not, but I'm solidly in the camp that this was wrong and won't buy from them again. Just spreading the word.

#2 2 years ago

If you had a deposit on it and a sales agreement they have no choice but to honor the agreed amount of purchase.
It would be an easy win in a court room.
-Mike

#3 2 years ago

If that is true, call Stern and let them know what happened. Bad Distributors need to be taken down, but always 2 sides to a coin.

#4 2 years ago

No deposit, didn't have to have one with them before. I thought previous good experience would be enough, but I'll be sure to get that invoice up front from now on. I've gotten a couple of DM's of people having the same experience right now.

The biggest thing is that I'd told many people that they were an honorable good business to buy from. I'm just trying to undo some of that damage.

I've sent Stern a message regarding this.

#5 2 years ago

Was a price mentioned when you reserved the game? It does say the premium is 8999 on their website.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Was a price mentioned when you reserved the game? It does say the premium is 8999 on their website.

Yes, and confirmed on the phone twice.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I ordered my Godzilla Premium from Operation Pinball in November and they just tried to scalp my game to me for $3K over retail. I've had opportunities to buy from events and passed because I thought I had a NIB coming within a decent amount of time and didn't sweat it. Lesson learned.
You can debate on whether this is fair or not, but I'm solidly in the camp that this was wrong and won't buy from them again. Just spreading the word.

I had the exact same thing happen today from Operation Pinball! Very disappointing after they have been telling me “you’re good for Mar/Apr” for the past 5 months.

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from JP76:

I had the exact same thing happen today from Operation Pinball!

Sounds like they have more orders than games, and will keep calling customers until they get enough takers for $3k over MSRP. Classy. Not smart to skin the sheep.

#9 2 years ago

Out of curiosity, I googled this business:

“Operation Pinball is a family owned and operated dealership founded in 2015 by … who are true pinball fanatics and collectors.”

No kidding. They’d fit right in here at Pinside! Ca-ching $$$!

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from JP76:

I had the exact same thing happen today from Operation Pinball! Very disappointing after they have been telling me “you’re good for Mar/Apr” for the past 5 months.

Please take the time to give them a public bad review!
Facebook and such.
Other companies need to see what happens when they try this.

#11 2 years ago

Anybody need a Pro, I have a line on one in Northern virginia. NIB $7k

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Please take the time to give them a public bad review!
Facebook and such.
Other companies need to see what happens when they try this.

Wrote them bad reviews on Facebook and Google. I also reported the incident to Stern but haven't heard anything from them.
I'll spread the word anywhere else I can too. Can't believe I've been sending them business for years. I have to rectify that.

#13 2 years ago

Wrote them bad reviews on Facebook and Google. I also reported the incident to Stern but haven't heard anything from them.
I'll spread the word anywhere else I can too. Can't believe I've been sending them business for years. I have to rectify that.

That really does suck. Hope it gets put right one way or another.

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That really does suck. Hope it gets put right one way or another.

Ways it can be put right:

One way: It was a lapse of judgement and they offer me the game for retail minus the $500 I just had to put on a deposit from another company. I'd forgive completely.

Another: Stern ends their distribution with them.

I honestly don't see either of these happening really so I simply make sure as many people hear this story as possible.

#15 2 years ago

Ways it can be put right:
One way: It was a lapse of judgement and they offer me the game for retail minus the $500 I just had to put on a deposit from another company. I'd forgive completely.
Another: Stern ends their distribution with them.
I honestly don't see either of these happening really so I simply make sure as many people hear this story as possible.

flipnoutpinball.com

As good as it gets^

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

flipnoutpinball.com
As good as it gets^

Zach was so honest he actually told me that his line was so long it might be late 2023 to get one. Told me to check around other dealers first and then come back. I chose a local guy (Fun! Billiards) in which I'm having to pay local tax and a non refundable deposit, but I can drive up and pick it up and his list is only 16 long. Took it. I'll give it to Zach though, that's damned good business. Talked to Game Exchange Colorado and Little Shop of Games also. Out of the four, all said they would NEVER do something like this and two used the exact same phrase "We'd never fu#k over our customers like that."

#17 2 years ago

Hmmm even their own website still has the $8999 price!

https://operationpinball.com/product/godzilla-premium/

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Hmmm even their own website still has the $8999 price!
https://operationpinball.com/product/godzilla-premium/

You beat me to it. I was just about to post the website picture.

Screenshot_20220406-200400_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220406-200400_Chrome (resized).jpg
#19 2 years ago

There are a lot of other companies out there that would appreciate your business. Like Zach, we turned a lot of people away because the backlog is just so long at this time.

I hope Greg and Vanessa work things out with you. I have met them and didn't see that kind of behavior coming from them, but i have not been a customer of thiers so that doesn't give me access to how they work with others.

Good luck.

#20 2 years ago

Zach is as good as they come and who I would recommend to anyone as far as who to order from.

One good thing that comes out of this high demand/low supply is it shows you who to deal with and who to avoid. Amazing how greed separates those with integrity from the money hungry bastards.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from JP76:

Operation Pinball called me last night and made things right. They are selling me a game at the agreed upon price and it is supposed to be here tomorrow. I am a happy camper and glad they are trying to make it right. They made a mistake but I really think they are good people.

#23 2 years ago

That's great, for me they'd have to also pay or take over my new deposit I just made by having to go elsewhere.

#24 2 years ago

Since I was first on the list, that also means they sold you my game....

No, I don't regret not giving them my money.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 2.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Chrome Candy

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/operation-pinball-tried-to-scalp-my-godzilla-pre-order and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.