Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Chrizg
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

A local bar has one pinball machine and they told me it makes $125 a week total. It's a South Park. They want me to provide a few more. But that does not seem like a lot of money. I would only be taking home $75 per week. Is this the going rate?

#2 6 years ago

A game that pays for itself in less than a year sounds good to me.

#3 6 years ago

I would be very happy if i would earn that money a week over here.

#4 6 years ago

$75 per week is insane compared to what my one game makes.

#5 6 years ago

$125/week sounds really good. Kind of hard to believe more pins won't just spread the money around the room. $75/week sounds pretty good too. A TSPP I bought off a busy bar location didn't make $30/week.

#6 6 years ago

not an op myself, but just judging by other conversations in the past on here, $125 a week sounds like it's on the high side.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

not an op myself, but just judging by other conversations in the past on here, $125 a week sounds like it's on the high side.

In a bar scene, it is. Arcade or family fun center, only about average. (At least, based on my work year, years ago..)

#8 6 years ago

Depends on the bar.

Is there room to grow ?

Problem might be if it's a $125 a week bar. More pins would just spread the same amount around more cash boxes.

If pinball grows there, you might make more.

If you split 50-50, the $125 would be $67.50.

Don't forget licenses, insurance, etc.

LTG : )™

#9 6 years ago

What is the pricing? I wouldn't believe $125/week at 50 cents/play, even with it being SP. At 75 cents/play, possible, but I wouldn't expect it every week.

You mention your cut being $75 week based on it earning $125/week, so are we to assume a 60-40 split? That is the least I'd consider. I think you should get at least 70% with pins.

#10 6 years ago

$125 a week.....

#11 6 years ago

Maybe he meant $125 a month!

#12 6 years ago

i would think if games were regularly earning $125 a week there would be a LOT more on location.

#13 6 years ago

Someone once posted a WoZ pin brings in over $400.00 per week.

#14 6 years ago

maybe it accrues that in playfield damage ...

i kid i kid

#15 6 years ago

It's a $1 per play and their is only one machine in the place. They have another room were they can fit 15 to 20 games and want me to get involved because their current vendor can not get them any more pins.

#16 6 years ago

What kind of insurance do I need? What kind of license?

#17 6 years ago

I'd also like to know what kind of insurance people who are operating pinballs on location have, where they get it from and what the yearly cost might be.

#18 6 years ago

You need liability insurance in case someone gets injured (fire, shock, etc) by your machine. I think you also may need a business license to operate games, depending on your location.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

What kind of insurance do I need?

Call your agent and see what he suggests. Might be a one in a million shot, but if someone gets hurt by your game, not even your fault, you will be the first one sued.

Quoted from dannunz:

What kind of license?

Check with the city hall license division, in the city you want to do this. They can tell you any zoning issues and what licenses you all need. Could be on you, your business, location, and each game.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

They have another room were they can fit 15 to 20 games and want me to get involved because their current vendor can not get them any more pins.

Do your homework. Their current vendor might know the location doesn't justify more machines. More machines doesn't guarantee more equipment.

And their current vendor might have a contract with the location, preventing others from putting equipment in there.

#21 6 years ago

Pintastic llc is a business now so I have that. I will meet with them and see.

#22 6 years ago

Goto the location on the weekend during busy times and watch who plays the pin. It will not be fun to sit there, but it is worth the time to invest.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside