Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 518 posts
  • 102 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by hocuslocus
  • Topic is favorited by 115 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20151020_113713.jpg
    20150806_082133.jpg
    IMG_0964.jpg
    IMG_6795.JPG
    IMG_6794.JPG
    IMG_6798.JPG
    IMG_6631.JPG
    IMG_6630.JPG
    20150529_200429-1.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMG_5484.JPG
    IMG_5483.JPG
    IMG_5480.JPG
    IMG_5482.JPG
    IMG_5481.JPG
    1bbarcade1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from maddog14:

So, How often does someone get 'busted' for no tax stamp sticker on a routed pin?

Hard to say how often, but usually when they find one without the license, it is instantly confiscated and sold at auction.

If competing ops see unlicensed equipment, they will 'call it in' .

2 weeks later
    #55 10 years ago

I remember in 1983 deploying Dragons Lair for 50 cents and people standing in long lines to play it.

#67 10 years ago

A good Operator trick to revive a game that is slowing down in earnings is to put a big sign on the top:

"COMPLETELY REBUILT FLIPPERS - ALL NEW RUBBER"

Keep it up for a month or two after a rehab.

Players who have not played the game in months will be drawn to it.

#74 10 years ago
    Quoted from jrobinso99:

. If pinside isn't the right place for that I can create a closed Facebook group...

A Yahoo group would be better so we don't have to join Facebook

#92 10 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

That may work, but I won't do it. To me, saying that would imply that the flippers were crap before the rebuild. Keeping the flippers working properly is part of regular maintenance. Not something that should be advertised. A potential customer should assume the flippers are working properly. Not need a sign to tell them, IMO.

It's only good as a last resort before swapping a game from a location.

Obviously players can tell if a game has crap flippers - don't let them get crappy.

But when you say "rebuilt", you trigger something in their deep reptilian brain that makes them want to play a game they normally don't play.

It totally works.

#109 10 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

That's awesome Crash! Get some blinds on that laundromat window!

I'd limo tint that window pronto.

Not only will it save the cab, translight and playfield - it will let players actually see the ball.

Tell the establishment owner limo tint peels right off anytime.

#110 10 years ago

.50 cents in 1985 (when games went to .50 cents) is $1.17 in today's dollars.

#116 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

Anybody have any advice on keeping coin mechs operating smoothly?

Pull them out, blow them out with an air compressor and test them on the bench.

#122 10 years ago

Canadian dollar is .92 cents lately, so I'd just gladly take their quarters over the trouble of them clogging the machine.

#129 10 years ago
    Quoted from mg81:

It makes places like laundromats seem like a better target to get a machine placed compared to a popular/busy bar/club.

Laundromats are great, with lots of change machines on hand, but because they are minimally supervised, sometimes pins just walk out the front door, while the employee was grabbing lunch across the street.

#150 10 years ago
    Quoted from mg81:

A place without an attendant would seem to invite theft.

Even a place **with** an attendant can invite theft.

Often it is the minimum wage employee that tells his friends when is a good time to bust open the game.

Quoted from mg81:

It seems like a machine "walking off" would be a big problem considering the values of the games. Robbing the coinbox seems like a low goal compared to just stealing the pin to sell.

Unless you tell the location how much the games cost, they usually have no idea.

I used to hear all the time from employees "Hey, you got any games I could buy for my home? Maybe something used for like $50?"

Quoted from mg81:

Even with an attendant I would be concerned that a decent crook could talk an employee into believing they are there to pick up a game for "service" and it will be back brought back shortly.

Sure, good social engineering can be more effective than a pry bar.

Two guys bringing in a big cardboard box, and taking out an "old" machine, could fool anyone.

2 weeks later
    #161 10 years ago

Turn them off when not in use.

3 months later
    #219 9 years ago

Back in the day, you would have so many quarters that the bank would refuse to take them all.

3 months later
    #288 9 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

Part of me wonders if maybe we shouldn't be giving away free games. The casual players don't get the match, and can't reach the replay score. The good players just snipe the credits, and rack up free games by scoring well. All the freebies are going to the people who don't need it - they already have longer ball times and are getting more for their money.

Thoughts?

Match has always been an important part of the "legal gambling" in pinball.

Even when players are ready to walk away from a machine, if one player gets a match, the other player puts money in and plays one more round 90% of the time.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/operating-pinball-machines-on-location-club?tu=vid1900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.