Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 518 posts
  • 102 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by hocuslocus
  • Topic is favorited by 115 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20151020_113713.jpg
    20150806_082133.jpg
    IMG_0964.jpg
    IMG_6795.JPG
    IMG_6794.JPG
    IMG_6798.JPG
    IMG_6631.JPG
    IMG_6630.JPG
    20150529_200429-1.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMG_5484.JPG
    IMG_5483.JPG
    IMG_5480.JPG
    IMG_5482.JPG
    IMG_5481.JPG
    1bbarcade1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smokedog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

3 weeks later
    #79 10 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

When you guys buy a game for your route, are you able to deduct the entire purchase price of the game for that tax year? Or do you depreciate it over the course of a few years? It is tax deductible, right?

It all depends on your states/province/federal gov't tax law.

I can write some % of a pin off every year, but only on NiB pins. Used pins have already depreciated to 0, typically.

2 months later
    #206 9 years ago

I ran into an interesting snag. I'm prepping a Whirlwind to go on location. I charge $1 a game, 3 games for $2. In Canada we have a $1 coin, the loonie. In 2012, the government changed the composition of the metals used to produce it, so any coin mech made prior to 2012 won't accept the new coin. The new ones are too light.

Guess what mechs are the only ones I have on hand? Yay .gov!

#209 9 years ago
    Quoted from CactusJack:

Not sure exactly what type of coin mech you are using but if its the old mechanical "Cradle" type and weight is a problem, you can experiment by grinding down the weight disc on the cradle. The lighter coin should be able to overcome the lesser weight. Obviously, if it is an electronic coin mech, never mind!

Good suggestion, but I stumbled upon some coin mechs I had in the glove box of my truck. Ha. No idea how they ended up there ... problem solved!

1 month later
    #232 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Potential replacement options are: LOTR, Getaway, Congo, Nascar, or Elvis

I can only comment on LOTR. Stock up on forked switches if you intend to put it on location. They take a beating, and fail more often than anything I've come across (and have to be tweaked again every week. Pain in the butt, so I will be pulling the pin and have it sit comfortably in my game room).

On another note, I am currently renegotiating my contract with the location. Will update with the results.

#237 9 years ago
    Quoted from stangbat:

I thought spiderman slowed down our tournaments but LOTR would be ridiculous.

I had them both on location at the same time during tournaments. Good god it was painful. One person gets on a roll on either machine and it would delay things by hours.

Quoted from Whysnow:

LOTR has forked switches at left vuk and golim vuk, correct?

Yup. Stock up on magnet fuses as well ... actually, just keep it at home. I found it got played a lot, but due to long game times it did not earn as well as others. I even maxed out difficulty and opened out lanes, then people just didnt play it since they couldnt last an hour on one dollar.

3 weeks later
    #244 9 years ago
    Quoted from smokedog:

On another note, I am currently renegotiating my contract with the location. Will update with the results.

Renegotiation went better than expected! It appears I will be keeping pins on location. They like the traffic it brings in for booze and food. Win/win for everyone.

1 year later
    #478 8 years ago

As an aside, Kiss Pro is killing it on route. Kudos to Stern. Pin is hitting all the right notes (pun intended).

#485 8 years ago

Collection day for the route, and pulled up to one of my locations to see this:

20151020_113713.jpg20151020_113713.jpg

I thought it looked like a failed smash and grab, but after talking to the owner of the place, it was a late night drunk. Apparently he was busting out windows with a steel pipe. Two people witnessed him do it (1:30 AM) and they called the cops. He was apprehended a couple blocks away.

I will be putting in an older game shortly, just to ease my mind (and yes, I do have insurance).

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smokedog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/operating-pinball-machines-on-location-club?tu=smokedog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.