Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 518 posts
  • 102 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by hocuslocus
  • Topic is favorited by 115 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20151020_113713.jpg
    20150806_082133.jpg
    IMG_0964.jpg
    IMG_6795.JPG
    IMG_6794.JPG
    IMG_6798.JPG
    IMG_6631.JPG
    IMG_6630.JPG
    20150529_200429-1.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMG_5484.JPG
    IMG_5483.JPG
    IMG_5480.JPG
    IMG_5482.JPG
    IMG_5481.JPG
    1bbarcade1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marcocapetown.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#443 8 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

A few curiosities I had recently:
    1. In a environment where the latest Sterns would be set to .75/play with no value buy, what was the transition game for Sterns where they went from .50/3 to .75/3? For example, the biggest place in town has a few Sterns. RBION is set for .50 and ACDC is set to .75. Does anyone have a single or group of games when that transition was pretty much set?
    2. I might be getting a Capt Fantastic. I like it, and this one is a good route candidate with a decent clearcoat on it. I can get it for $600, but my default pricing instincts say that it is a .25/5 game. That's 2400 plays to pay it off. That seems like an awful lot for an EM with some miles on it. Is it a d*ck move to give .25/3 or .50/5 a shot? There is one of these in town as well and it is .25/5, but gives no PF special or score replay. If I gave a reasonable replay for .25/3, would that make things any better? Looking for input as to what is proper (fair?) to both me and those playing the game.

here is what i learned. u can always go down in price, but going up again is harder. i mean in regardss to rbion vs acdc pricing, its obviousy that acdc is a more expensive pin so u would ask more per play. also i would think acdc is kinda a bigger attraction so people might play it more even if its higher priced...

in regards to the em, i never tried ems on location since down here they are just crazy expensive and i dont really know how to work on them. not a dick move at all to ask a higher price for 5 balls compared to 3, thats kinda what i do with older games like system 11 u ask more for 5 balls, cause the game will get more wear that way. i think 5 balls for 25 cent is abit too low maybe.

#444 8 years ago

okay here is a tip ill share cause i mean why not... turn match feature off. reason average people who might play it and who are clueless might not even know what it does and will just walk away.
    also i found the percentage to be way off point on bally/williams. i once set the match to the lowest possible on a fish tales and it gave away matches way too often when me and my friend played a couple of games on it to test it. almost so that i figured wow something must be wrong with this game lol.

also make sure your replay scores are achievable but not so easy that anyone who can play decently can get free games without having to work for it. i myself like getting a free game when playing on location it feels good, but when u operate them dont make it crazy easy todo so. maybe check audits each month to see how many free games are achieved (i should do this myself more often), if its crazy high adjust it to a higher margain.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marcocapetown.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/operating-pinball-machines-on-location-club?tu=marcocapetown and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.