Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 518 posts
  • 102 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by hocuslocus
  • Topic is favorited by 115 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20151020_113713.jpg
    20150806_082133.jpg
    IMG_0964.jpg
    IMG_6795.JPG
    IMG_6794.JPG
    IMG_6798.JPG
    IMG_6631.JPG
    IMG_6630.JPG
    20150529_200429-1.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMG_5484.JPG
    IMG_5483.JPG
    IMG_5480.JPG
    IMG_5482.JPG
    IMG_5481.JPG
    1bbarcade1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chrizg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 10 years ago

I have 8 machines at the local barcade and so far it has been pretty good. Barcade's is where the money is at for locations hands down. For my location it is the theme that matters and not so much the game play (Street Fighter 2 is a great pin at this location). All my games are cleaned and waxed every 3 weeks and they all have beer gulps, glare guards, LEDs (no crazy rainbow GI colors) and I keep the downtime to a minimum. All games (arcade, skeeball, pins) at the location are 25 cents per play. One thing I want to point out is all these nice items we purchase for home use to spiff up our machines do not last in location play. I have LED blubs separating at the top of the base and bulb (all brands), multiple cliffy's (not all, just the ones with the double stick) coming un-stuck, superbands breaking after 2k plays, 'unbreakable' round peg protectors breaking, cliffy posts that can't get pounded in dirt getting pounded in dirt. I have all the games keyed the same using chicago ace round style locks. Games get mix of token and quarter play (depends on the day/specials) so the risk of someone breaking in for tokens is low since the. I did have the bars across the front but I recently took them off.

Overall I am happy as our area only has one other quality place to play pinball and the other places with 1 pin are always dirty and play like crap because the OP that has most of them doesn't know how to work on their games which I don't understand.

I would not be on board with any type of free play as the machines would get murdered.

image-583.jpgimage-583.jpg
    image-635.jpgimage-635.jpg

#112 10 years ago
    Quoted from DudeMcAwesome:

You own the machines at UpDown? Wow, I would personally like to thank you for doing something like this for the pinball scene in Des Moines. I go there every time I get back to Iowa and those machines are the reason, well maintained and a great entertaining selection.
    Do you have anything to do with the new barcade that has popped up in the same building as Hessen Haus?

Thanks ! A local OP has the machines at the other barcade and they unfortunately do not know how to work on their own games so they are usually pretty dirty and don't work correct. They (broken, dirty, busted machines on location) are actually the reason I approached Up-Down when it was opening so there would be a place with nice pins. The other place in Des Moines with nice games is at Jordan Creek mall in the theater arcade and another collector takes good care of them also.

#113 10 years ago
    Quoted from BrianBannon:

25 cents a play for DMD games?? Why on earth would you want to set your games at that price point? Looks like you might be leaving money on the table to me.

The owner wants all games at 25 cents and I don't split anything so it is the same as getting 50 cent with a 50/50 split. Win for everyone.

1 month later
    #166 10 years ago

Does anyone who op's have the bar owner sign any type of agreement ? Could list stuff like who owns the games, amount of split with the bar. Someone was talking to me about concerns if I have a game in a bar and the bar changes hands and if I would need to prove my ownership.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chrizg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/operating-pinball-machines-on-location-club?tu=chrizg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.