(Topic ID: 249340)

Operaters: Where do you stick it to the public?

By KingHebes

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DaanNL
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC00299 (resized).JPG
    #1 4 years ago

Operators: Do you put your contact info on all of your machines? Where's a good location to put it? Do you color match logos to pin themes? Do you use stickers? Want to share your awesome design? Stick em up!

#2 4 years ago
    Quoted from KingHebes:

Want to share your awesome design?

Nothing on my games. If you are playing one. I'm in the same room to help you if you need it.

When you get change or first talk to me when I welcome you in. I let you know that if you have any problems or questions. Please let me know.

LTG : )

DSC00299 (resized).JPGDSC00299 (resized).JPG
    #3 4 years ago

I got some sticker paper at Walmart. I have a design about as wide as a business card, but a little shorter.

It has my logo on the side and text that says “Owned and operated by Tucson Pinball. For maintenance requests please message us on Facebook or email (email address”.

I have been putting those on games that aren’t at my main location. At my main location I have a small whiteboard for players to write down issues and my friends will just send a message.

#4 4 years ago

We took all our tags and stickers off of machines. We don't want to take on any additional route business. We used to put them inside machines on pins. We had a metal tag with finishing nails on the back of most cabs or sometimes we would sticker the marquee. Even sometimes we would put a plaque up saying "these games are owned & operated by company X"

#5 4 years ago

In the Netherlands we must mention our company name and license number on the machine. We have this info on the price card, we make at our own.
    We use a sticker on our machines with the internetadres, no phonenumber to prevent people are calling you in the middle of the night that a ball is stucked haha.

On all other machines always the sticker on the outside and on the moneybox inside.

#6 4 years ago

Around this area, I've seen games with a small yellow sticker on the backglass with the company name and number.

#7 4 years ago

We’ve got decals with our info. Bad thing is, the shop line is forwarded to my cell now. When a drunk in an after hours strip club doesn’t get his cigarettes out of the machine or has an issue with the ATM, he calls me at 4am. He’ll either keep calling until someone answers or start telling me he’s going to destroy my machine or have me arrested.

Not every caller is like that. We get new business from the decal but most importantly, patrons are able to alert us to service issues because most of the staff could care less at the majority of locations.

To me, if you’re a small business/operator, people really appreciate the personal touch of being able to speak directly with the person that makes decisions and addresses issues. Our location owners like the fact that the service guy and money collectors are the two guys that own the business-not some hourly wage moron that doesn’t give a damn.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from DaanNL:

In the Netherlands we must mention our company name and license number on the machine. We have this info on the price card, we make at our own.
    We use a sticker on our machines with the internetadres, no phonenumber to prevent people are calling you in the middle of the night that a ball is stucked haha.
    On all other machines always the sticker on the outside and on the moneybox inside.

Do you have machines on route?

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from ryanbrooks:

When a drunk in an after hours strip club doesn’t get his cigarettes out of the machine or has an issue with the ATM, he calls me at 4am. He’ll either keep calling until someone answers or start telling me he’s going to destroy my machine or have me arrested.

Might want to consider running that number through a hosted PBX or cloud based phone system? You can set up an auto-attendant to only forward calls during certain hours. Then you don't have to deal with the drunks. Most of them also offer voicemail to transcription services, so you can just get an email as opposed to having to listen to the voicemail during of hours.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Ever consider running that number through a VoIP hosted PBX? You can set up an auto-attendant to only forward calls during certain hours. Then you don't have to deal with the drunks. Most of them also offer voicemail to transcription services, so you can just get an email as opposed to having to listen to the voicemail during of hours.

Google voice would probably be easier to deal with and can basically do the same thing.

#11 4 years ago

We could do that, but how irritated do you get when you call and have to deal with an automated system or a answering service that’s clueless and doesn’t give a shit? Answering calls from the drunks is just part of doing business.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from ryanbrooks:

We could do that, but how irritated do you get when you call and have to deal with an automated system or a answering service that’s clueless and doesn’t give a shit? Answering calls from the drunks is just part of doing business.

I just created a google voice number for my business last night. You can still set a personal voicemail for when that number is called.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from NY2Colorado:

Do you have machines on route?

Yes

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/operaters-where-do-you-stick-it-to-the-public and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.