pasted_image (resized).png
Roms_Photo (resized).JPG
2732_Remark.jpg
IMG_5443 (resized).JPG
20200918_091216 (resized).jpg
20200918_091101 (resized).jpg
walker decision tree.png
flight 2000-speech board modification.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dri.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 4 years ago

I have a few random ideas.

* There should be a target that qualifies a letter. I suggest the two upper targets in the bumper area. It's very frustrating trying to "aim" for an inlane. It could also be the center stand-up in the 1-5 bank.
* Spinners need more scoring. The right bank is super hard on mine to knock down to progress the value. There should be a "something" that qualifies a flashing inlane, when the inlane is flashing, it will light the corresponding spinner max value for a few seconds. This of course needs to be balanced with the right bank etc. I'm thinking dropping the bank adds a multiplier or something. Bottom line, get those spinners valuable!
* We should figure out how to have more fun with the lock traversal. Having either "blast" or "off" should qualify a 2-ball multiball or something.
* 3x and 2x scoring for the the amount of balls in play during multiball?
* Bonus built beyond 9k? Flashing bonus means double bonus?

I'll be back with more ideas...

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

re: Lane change

Wasn't like TAF the first machine with MPU controlled flippers? How will you register flips for the lane change?

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Firepower was first lane change. Coincidentally the same year as f2k.

Educate me here a little bit, wasn't lane changes (and high score initials) done by having switch sandwiches prior to TAF?

#44 4 years ago

I have an Alltek board in my F2K at the moment but I have a spare Weebly I can use for this. I can also get a ROM burner when the time comes to with test and feedback. Please advise on what burner and ROM sets to acquire.

2 weeks later
#89 4 years ago

Something that is bothering me more than it should is how frenetically difficult it is to adjust rubbers and switches on the slingshots on these Sterns (my meteor was just the same) to prevent "hammering". Is there anything that can be done to deal with that?

Thank you for your hard work, this is just too awesome all around!

1 month later
#127 4 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Bonus ladder goes to 19k instead of 10k. 10k element collects first*multipliers, then 9k-1k collect (so the sound will never overrun, like my decade old mod for the 19k)

Awesome work! Can't wait to get this in my game. I have an idea about the bonus ladder. Why not max it out at 55k?

10 + 9 + 8 + 7 + 6 ... etc?

This would make the bonus VERY lucrative to shoot for and everyone likes a good multiplier. This game have the digits for it.

Edit: It will also make the game look LIT when you have bonus and multipliers all lit up, signifying that you've done something good. Similar to Meteor with all rockets lit, high pitch and bonus column all lit up.

4 weeks later
#151 4 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

anyone that wants to grab test version 33 build 3 link is above. I believe it should be working and just might need little tweaks.

Just ordered the minipro and some eeproms. Shipping on the eeproms is 4 weeks.

#159 4 years ago

I have a really noobish unrelated question. I have a weebly board with a meteor PROM in it that has been burned by someone else. How do you know if these PROMs are erasable?

#161 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

You'd have to be able to see the part number of the chip.

This is what I have: https://www.digchip.com/datasheets/parts/datasheet/161/NMC27C64Q.php So I just expose UV light into the window of the chip to re-program it?

Edit: I got a UV eraser off AMZN.

4 weeks later
#187 4 years ago

I finally got my chips and minipro. I got the .512 image in U1 on a Weebly 2017 board and I lost speech. I've now realized I don't have S5 on my Weebly board and I have an empty U2. This board used to be in a Meteor.

xWNisdwwRbuRs1OX7BkNmA (resized).jpgxWNisdwwRbuRs1OX7BkNmA (resized).jpg
#195 4 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

I will fix and send back anyone's MPU for no charge if not comfortable running a jumper wire.

Thank you for the offer and elaborate explanation! I think I'll manage to fix this myself. I'll let you know how it goes.

#201 4 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

Turns out that was a mistake to not route that trace and a better label of that signal would be 'Speech Busy'. Lamp interrupt goes to the speech processor BUSY pin. Without this trace on the MPU there will be no speech. To correct this issue a wire jumper from MPU J4 Pin 11 to U11 Pin 18. I will fix and send back anyone's MPU for no charge if not comfortable running a jumper wire.

Thank you for providing these instructions. She's speaks! I also used the RAM clearing ROMs from your website. Very useful, thank you!

I will be streaming the latest bits from slochar this coming Sunday at 8PM PT on https://twitch.tv/dri374. I will do a glass off tutorial to explore all the new features and play a bunch of games for a few hours. Might be interesting for the folks following this thread.

f2k-beta-2-19-20 (resized).pngf2k-beta-2-19-20 (resized).png

#229 4 years ago

If anyone is interested in checking out the new features, I took out a clip from yesterday's stream. Intro and 2 games.

Full broadcast: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/597175709

8 months later
#464 3 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

As long as it's an eeprom in 24 pin dip package it should work. I got atmel ones through Amazon.

Would you mind sharing the link for the specific sound eeproms to get the new sound package?

3 weeks later
#466 3 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

amazon.com link »
although this is not the link I got them from but that is the part # to replace a 2716 with an eeprom version. I probably got them from either ebay or digikey though and misremembered getting it from amazon.... I got the eeprom 512 replacements there though.
You can also just burn it onto a single 2532 and put it in u9. Strange design the vsu100, to take either 2x2716 OR 1x2532 I'd have expected them to do 1x2732 since the 2716/2732 are more similar.

I ordered these blindly, they say 2816 and failed to program.

#471 3 years ago

The docs in the .zip say 2716 chips for sound but you all link 2816's. What is the difference? I ordered 2716's yesterday.

#473 3 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

2716's are eproms.
2816's are eeproms and are a replacement for UV erasable eproms (they are erased by the burner itself electrically)

Thanks for that explanation. I also find traces that the USB burner I have struggles with voltage on some chips that causes issues.

4 months later
#478 2 years ago

Finally got my v47 sound ROMs programmed and I learned that I was subject to first ball resting on the walker switch issue. Once that was resolved it played solid. I managed to put up one good ball today.

One issue I'm seeing though is that the game does not say "commence countdown" at all times when all letters are qualified and balls locked, so far my theory is that the game will only say it if you start the game without any balls in the walker. Would that make sense?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Crown Point, IN
$ 125.00
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Melbourne Beach, FL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dri.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opening-flight-2000-new-software-up-to-the-community?tu=dri and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.