pasted_image (resized).png
Roms_Photo (resized).JPG
2732_Remark.jpg
IMG_5443 (resized).JPG
20200918_091216 (resized).jpg
20200918_091101 (resized).jpg
walker decision tree.png
flight 2000-speech board modification.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Spudgunman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#184 4 years ago

Woah I just found this, awesome as hell!!! This works on OEM hardware? I can burn and play?

#186 4 years ago

sweet, I will get the code in and test it out - so awesome I am excited.

#190 4 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

https://sites.google.com/site/allentownpinball/galaxy-asm/flight2k-mod33.zip?attredirects=0&d=1
version 3327 is posted. The last thing I might want to monkey with is the 2x/3x timer - it's pretty short. The intent is that you would have a ball on the left flipper, one on the right, nail the walker shot with the right, then when 2x starts, nail the right spinner for more score.
I'm already at the limit for the timer on this (it's an 8 bit timer....) so I'll have to come up with another timer/memory location to count this down, or maybe reset it as the ball hits each of the kickbigs in the maze.
Dip 17 now controls attract mode speech on/off.

So if I rip spinner I got two in the walker now. Then I have a ball come back to flipper to continue the 2x?

1 week later
#209 4 years ago

Two things, one awesome you have a gametron i have a spare playfield it would be cool for a overlay for it.

2nd got code in game ... dude counting spinner rips .. awesome

One thing I didn’t understand I playing and throw ball in lock and I have 6million points ... not sure what got me so far along so quick?: edit : seems making a skill shot is like 1100000 points, the. I hit the spinner a few million more then next I look I’m at 6.1m

I will keep editing this ... powered on with balls in lock and game starts but is totally lost - needs to check for all balls at start and cycle mech if possible

New feature idea - ball exits lock and a random LAST light lights for a bagatelle or bumper shot for high points

#212 4 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

What version is this? Shows in match at boot up.
The ball Walker cycles three times at boot up to clear any balls in the lock.
There shouldn't be anything that scores that high but it depends on what version you burned.

Latest, 33 I think (just burned last night will be next to game this weekend)

I can video the 6mil happens every game I make the skill shot - I am not aware of any switch malfunctions - Original code played perfect. I can snap a photo of my DIPs switches turned on 17-19

As for ball walk - I can video as well - might need more of a check for lost balls, not sure what to say but the game was lost in code due to lost ball on walker.

#215 4 years ago

Took glass off. Balls in walker cleared no issues this morning (I blame a switch issue for this problem right now) the walker clear seems way too fast on my game it goes, coil hit after coil hit the original code pauses more and could be the hang up here there is no time for the balls to gravity down fast enough to next walker lock.

I am mpu200x16k

Didn’t hit skill shot. Hit spinner then pop got 6mil.

Rebooted.

Didn’t hit skill, hit lower pop got 6mil

Rebooted.

Didn’t hit skill, hit a bunch of other shots not touching the lower pop bumper plays normal score

Ball 2

Skill shot hit bunch of other switches normal play but kicked out two balls for ball three in lane

Ball 3 double plunge otherwise normal

New game as long as I don’t touch pop game is normal

If I touch the lower pop (yellow) the score is wacky 6mill 7mill 6mill then back to seemingly normal scores

#217 4 years ago

I verified them after burn / good. I will pull and check them and hit them again won’t hurt.

I hit the upper pop first and got a million hit the lower got 6 mill hit upper got 7mil hit lower got 6mil back.

I assume your right on the trough will take a peek under the skirt

#218 4 years ago

Did a reburn prior was 2x burn did a 4x - I had one chip verify bad.

Popped them back it a real quick test shows might have corrected will play longer later

#221 4 years ago

When I have modded games this is how I handled it, dip off the “extra features” then it’s a ... as much as you choose.

I like your approach and would mod my game for this ... it’s still totally reversible and professional looking and proven to work on location.

Hey any quick way I can clear this 7mill-hstd

#227 4 years ago

Can the mpu200 easily pull from 32k Roms?

#255 4 years ago
Quoted from Brazy:

This is awesome, I haven't read through the entire thread yet but I've got my 2 cents to throw in real quick....F2K will never leave my lineup first of all and the one thing that I think should change would be when you rip the left spinner the points stop soon as the ball hits the locking mechanism and my spinners rip forever so I don't like part of the game.
The only other thing I don't like(on mine at least) is sometimes when the ball travels across the downed drop targets it sometimes gets stuck on them, so a target reset would be cool, like a ball search but im not sure that could happen.

The new code not only waits for the spinner to stop, it counts the spinner ripps for you!

1 month later
#343 3 years ago

Haha, whack whack

I hope there is a readme to keep track of the changes.

I was playing older code this evening and made skill shot perfect and - said outloud ... hope speech is added here!

8 months later
#474 3 years ago

How’s the project going any changes?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Melbourne Beach, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Crown Point, IN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Spudgunman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opening-flight-2000-new-software-up-to-the-community?tu=Spudgunman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.