pasted_image (resized).png
Roms_Photo (resized).JPG
2732_Remark.jpg
IMG_5443 (resized).JPG
20200918_091216 (resized).jpg
20200918_091101 (resized).jpg
walker decision tree.png
flight 2000-speech board modification.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Coyote.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from dyopp21:

Following. And stupid question: how do I install a new ruleset? In most cases I'm using the Alltek board (or RD for Williams). I have several machines that have been mentioned here. Firepower, Meteor, Flight 2000...

Unfortuantely the Alltek board is locked down, you're stuck with what is on it. (And I've heard rumors that he's against modifying his image to include other revisions.)

The NVRAM, barakandl 's board, freakin' ROCKS, and I highly recommend it. It CAN be switched out to run one of these custom ROMsets, PLUS give folks like slochar here extra space to add code and not be limited by the 4x 2716 address space!

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

I have an Alltek board in my F2K at the moment but I have a spare Weebly I can use for this. I can also get a ROM burner when the time comes to with test and feedback. Please advise on what burner and ROM sets to acquire.

You need to do some image juggling - it's not as real simple as joining the images together as is it makin' a 2764. Weebly's give the full address range to the EPROM, so you need to arrange the locations of the chips inline with the expected addresses.

Once I get the site up to host the modded ROMs, I'll have Weebly-compatible ones posted.

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Based on Andrew's recommendation, as you would be able to skip buying a UV eraser since these are the eletronically eraseable version of the 512. I haven't received them yet but I'm sure they will be fine.

I've been using them in my GQ-4X without issue. Nice and quick. And they work in the Weebly board, too.

Quoted from slochar:

The issue is that Alltek apparently will not honor their lifetime warranty if you modify the board in anyway (fair enough). I don't think he's against putting custom romsets, etc. in his product, since there are some there already, I just think he wants his ship to steer the way it's going, kind of automatically, and he can just collect the $$$ from the product.

Good to know, I stand corrected. The commented I heard (a while ago now) was different.

#54 4 years ago

As someone who still pays for his games - at home - I enjoy the sound of dropping a coin in.

4 weeks later
#113 4 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Thanks to inkochnito's tech chart from the flight2k owner's club, I see it's wired into j2-2, which has no connection. So, looks like stern put knocker code STOCK in the game! You just have to wire up a small control circuit (like a gottlieb pop bumper driver board) into that connection and a knocker and it will knock stock!

This is kinda amazing. Wonder if it was taken out for cost purposes. Since code's there, it means at some point someone said, 'Yeah, we'll wire the knocker up toJ2-2.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
$ 125.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Crown Point, IN
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Melbourne Beach, FL
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Coyote.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opening-flight-2000-new-software-up-to-the-community?tu=Coyote and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.