pasted_image (resized).png
Roms_Photo (resized).JPG
2732_Remark.jpg
IMG_5443 (resized).JPG
20200918_091216 (resized).jpg
20200918_091101 (resized).jpg
walker decision tree.png
flight 2000-speech board modification.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Classic_Stern.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#105 4 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I don’t think there should be a lane change in this game. It doesn’t make sense to collect a letter by rolling over a switch on a different letter.

The original design (Gamatron which F2k was born from) had a way to go back up top outside of the ball walker. I think some form of lane change makes sense. Not sure I would add to bottom though. This is a tough call.

#106 4 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

So, the issue turned out to be a change I'd made to the way the score gets handled directly (as opposed to being queued, which happens in the background when nothing else is going on, even though the routine uses the same score routine) - there was no byte savings in doing it the 'new' way (checking the tilt lamp via the pigs routines vs. just doing it in assembly) - the value of B that the spinner routine was expecting would range randomly. (I'm used to the way williams did it in pinbol, where they always specifically save the values of A and B every trip into and out of their interpreter). It is possible that this bug was in the 9 ball test code as well, although it depends on if there were any "score $<somevalue> followed directly by anything that was expecting the value of B to be the same. Meteor7 didn't have this issue as the score routines were semi-different.
Still have to finish up the skill shot issue (Lane Lamp stays lit on the lane although it puts it on the left side, and spots the next letter correctly, and once you collect blast off the letters B and O start to spot the drop bank in error), and add the knocker code (and a physical knocker, to test....) Once the skill shot issue is fixed I'll ship the beta binary rom off to @coyote to put on his website so people can download it and try it out.
I still have to add in the no-relock during multiball, dips to turn on/off any of these features, and I'd like to add a feature that resets the 5-4-3-2-1 progress once you complete blast off and get 2 balls locked (It was always strange to me that you could get, all systems ready, commence countdown.... and the countdown was at 1 if that's where you had built the drops down to....)
If there's some dips available I'll try and put the right spinner reset to 2000 although I don't think I'll ever personally use this.... and yeah, I have to add in the spinner counters..... but then I might just call it 'done', at that point. (Is anything ever really 'done' though??)

Thanks for doing this. Thought about changing Seawitch? pleazzee...

1 month later
#139 4 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

I would have loved to know the thinking behind some of the choices made in the software - I just found a strange one, I noticed that the spinners (specifically the left one) have a function to not score at certain times.... very odd. Turns out that when you rip the left spinner to lock a ball, while the ball launch is going on, you get NOTHING for the spins! Hey BPfutz, that's a flat out RIPOFF. So, great rip, you can see it count up with the new software, then it pauses with no countup, ball launches, it starts counting again! This could be very significant points when the spinner is lit (500 per lit letter in this mode..... so 4000/spin lost....)
Guess what I'm going to change in the next revision!
Big Game has specific code in it to make sure you get EVERY spin when you rip the left spinner and hit the saucer.... it waits until the spinner is done before processing the saucer.

Yea, This is a bad bug on F2k. I like you noticed this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 125.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Melbourne Beach, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Crown Point, IN
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Classic_Stern.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opening-flight-2000-new-software-up-to-the-community?tu=Classic_Stern and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.