Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170117_221605 (resized).jpg
bendover (resized).jpg
giphy (3).gif
raw (1).gif
2017-01-17_1007 (resized).png
IMG_3618 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zombieyeti.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#241 7 years ago

Hi, I'm one of Jody Dankberg's alias accounts. I even went as far as to create an alternate residence/family/career/identity as the artist ZombieYeti so that I could create an inside-outsider's perspective! Ever notice how we're never seen in the same room at the same time?

Hell, I had even spent many years working with JPOP to expedite my rise in the pinball art world so that I could spend a handful of days at the Stern offices and switch wigs/clothing/beards, in the lavatories like a classic tv sitcom, when in meetings with myself and others. (Let's just say ZombieYeti has chronic diarrhea!)

Now, with that highly plausible conspiratorial intro, as ZombieYeti, and as a strictly 'for-hire' non-member of Stern, I just want to say that personally attacking Jody Dankberg, that handsome and intelligent man (wink wink - because I'm Jody! Get it?) makes very little sense and turns your argument into something aside from the real issue.

Seriously though - I don't pop in here often (since I actually like to do work and be happy) but I saw this and had to comment... Ghostbusters was an amazing experience for me & I hold all of the Stern team in high regard. Not a rat among them,

Now keep in mind anyone who knows my history knows I'm not exactly a fan of any business that doesn't focus on their consumers... So I can say, honestly - I've never seen evidence that tells me Stern is trying to make shitty products. (Cottonell? Scott's? Of course! As I've learned with my chronic diarrhea *wink *wink)

In fact, I think it's fair to logically conclude that Stern has no desire to cheapen their brand and destroy their livelihood. So, the fact's remain that a) Obviously, there was a real issue with playfields on GB from particular runs (probably) due to vendor's issues & b) I think they're being addressed, albeit not fast enough for most folks on pinside?

Now admittedly I'm not privy to each persons experience with this issue - I have a PRO from an early run that has had zero issues - but I can assure you the goal would be to fix the problems.

Keep in mind, if I'm ZombieYeti and not an alias of that handsome devil, Jody Dankberg, then I can assure you that I'll push to get some info from the source - but I KNOW it's been worked on since it was discovered and I know it was a very small number compared to epic sales of the greatest pinball machine I've ever done art for that was released.

Also note that these types of posts make me second guess if I want a future in pinball. I (as well as the team I work with) try to do nothing but make something new and amazing for months and months only to have it get shit all over in a second by a vocal segment of folks who appear to hate everything - this really makes the effort questionable at times, quite honestly. But that's a conversation for another time...

As my greatest mentor often told me "Making pinball is hard, man"

But all joking aside, I'm Jody Dankberg!*

*NOTE: I'm not jody dankberg, I'm ZombieYeti! I have gotten to know Jody and he's one of the reasons I chose to do another project with Stern - he's a good guy with a great family (with kids that will soon be on here seeing unfair & evils shit written about their father) - he's not a 1 dimensional straw man who seeks to gain the moniker of 'biggest prick' so cut the guy some slack?

So... Let's sing kumbaya and eat s'mores together soon?!

#249 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

thanks! more communication is good!
If you have not realized by now, that is the root of the majority of complaints.

If movies and TV have taught me anything - and I've learned everything I know from them - it's that communication is the root of all problems

#266 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

First of all, if you really are Zombie Yetti I'm not sure why you're mad because nobody has ever done anything but priase your work and its never been criticized.
Secondly, if you're truly questioning whether you should continue working at a job that you don't like, my suggestion is that you should probably move on.
Last but not least, Jody is probably an alright guy but we ddon't work with him everyday and know him like you do, but he has acted very unprofessional on more than one occasion and he's earned the reputation that he has because of that. Sorry but it is what it is. With that being said though people deserve second chances and I'm sure people here could be fine with Jody. He seems ok to me other than the time he called KPG out on the Dead Flip stream, and he could probably talk a little less also lol.

Well I feel weird arguing with another alias account of mine/Jody's - but this is my favorite 'counter point' alias account after all!

That said - I'm not 'mad' (as ZombieYeti!) - as I stated it's a conversation for another time... listen, I'm a cynical, skeptical sob - but I can objectively state that kicking something for hours won't make it listen or love you back

As for Jody(me! *wink wink)... yes, he is both very handsome and quite intelligent, I do agree!

#275 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I tell ya Rob and I'm just going to be blunt about it because that's how I am, I am amazed at some of these people's stupidity around here. I can't even begin to understand how anyone could think like some of these people think around here. Unbelievable!

Amen, me! (Jody)

<\lol>

So sincere apologies for having fun on pinside and trying to bring levity to the opinion train - confession : I've have never read the TOS here

For the record, I actually do care greatly about this project (GB) and team and its legacy... (honestly this time) seriously - I reached out to get the inside scoop & clarification - which in a beurocratic chain is always fun - but I'm pretty much hearing this repeatedly from various folks - if you have a playfield issue with GB 'the dealer is the gatekeeper'.

So that's all I got - hopefully it helps. And apologies for having fun on here!

Lastly I'm, with a heavy heart, announcing my retirement from this thread!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

6,575 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Delta, BC
$ 49.95
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zombieyeti.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/open-letter-to-gary-stern-re-defective-playfields?tu=zombieyeti and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.