Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170117_221605 (resized).jpg
bendover (resized).jpg
giphy (3).gif
raw (1).gif
2017-01-17_1007 (resized).png
IMG_3618 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobT.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

What about contacting bbb also. They have to respond to them, i believe?

lol

Nope.

The BBB is not a governmental agency in any way, shape, or form. They are a private company that takes in money from businesses in order to be "accredited" by them. It's a joke.

#135 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Wow! They'd rather buy it back than send you new playfield!? WTF?!?!
Guess it makes sense...they get the LE back, put a new PF in it, jack up the price and resell it.

Who is "they?"

He said his distributor bought it back. It may or may not have anything to do with Stern.

Frankly, this is how it should be done. Instead of the distributor just acting as a middleman between Stern and the buyer (sending emails etc), the distributor is actually taking matters into his own hands to make things right. He is 1) earning his profits 2) earning a better reputation 3) trying to put an end to the negative publicity to both him and Stern's inadequate communication on the issue

Glad to see it get worked out.

#152 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

They may be members of the "Stern Watch" and cannot leave their post.
"Pinside gathers for a new Stern release, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I'm banned. I shall take only Stern games, hold no JJP games, father no children who want to buy non Stern games. I shall not up-vote negative Stern posts and win no posting glory. I shall live and die at my computer desk. I am the stuck ball in the darkness. I am the watcher on the forums. I am the shield that guards the realms of Stern. I pledge my life and honor to the Stern Watch, for this game and for all Stern games to come."

You do realize how ironic this is coming from you, right?

Aren't you the Jon Snow of the "JJP Watch?"

#224 7 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

First, thank you for the downvote. I dig that you downvote everyone who says something you don't like.
It is pretty straightforward. You make a huge stink about playfield quality. And that's not something I disagree with. And if you had said "I'm glad, that playfield just was really substandard, and since they couldn't fix that issue in a timely manner, it's the right thing to do to take the game back" that's fine.
But when you said "they are taking the game back, that's great, the code sucked" undermines your entire crusade.
Let me go with the "car" analogy..
I get a brand new luxury car. I pay a lot for it...and after a month the paint starts to flake off. I make a concerted effort to campaign to get the paint fixed for me and everyone else who is impacted by that issue. Very noble thing to do, and respectable.
Then the dealer calls me, tells me that they will just take the car back, and I turn around and say "glad to be rid of it, I drove the hell out of it for 6 months, and it really just wasn't for me"
So forget the original issue that I campaigned to get resolved, I really just didn't like the car, and now I don't have to worry about selling it since I didn't like it.

Sorry, but this makes absolutely no sense at all.

How in the world does the fact that he doesn't like the code in any way undermine his "entire crusade?" He isn't entitled to demand resolution to a bad playfield because he doesn't like the code? WTF?

Your car analogy makes no sense at all either. Who cares whether you liked the car or not? If it's defective, it's defective. And let's face it, when you have a product that is defective in some way, it is going to have a negative connotation on how you feel about the product as a whole anyway, and this also applies to your car analogy.

I just can't believe that people like you now suddenly somehow lose respect for something that you say was a "very noble think to do, and respectable" to being completely undermined....because he didn't like the code!?

Yeah, I can't believe that he actually admitted to that! An obvious slip of the tongue, and now he's lost all credibility!

#225 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

No it doesn't.
It's irrelevant if he liked the code or not. The game was defective. It was defective if he loved it. It was defective if he hated it. It was also defective if he was indifferent.
Defective products should be remediated.

I simply cannot comprehend the people on this site sometimes.

How do people not understand this? Unbelievable.

#229 7 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

You know...this frankly really sits wrong with me. It totally changes your tone from being a crusader to be made right on a product you felt was defective to "I didn't really like the game anyway, so this just worked out as a good excuse to return it"

A good excuse to return it?

Are you kidding me? You obviously haven't seen his PF. "Excuse?" Again, WTF?!!?

#231 7 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

Because it sounds like he was using the playfield heat to get over one hundred people to back his case, when it really was to return a game he simply didn't like.

Try to pay attention. Please.

His PF is FUCKED UP! PERIOD!

He could have sold this pin easily and quickly, probably for a profit, if it didn't have a FUCKED UP PF!

#235 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Don't bother....

You are right Ted!

I just can't understand people sometimes. Crazy.

#268 7 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

You're suggesting to ZombieYeti that he "move on" and exit pinball?
In that case, my suggestion to you is to STFU.

Seriously?

Is that *really* what you got out of his post?

#284 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

First of all its probably not even zombieyetti

It is definitely "the real" zombieyeti!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 34.99
15,699 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobT.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/open-letter-to-gary-stern-re-defective-playfields?tu=RobT and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.