Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170117_221605 (resized).jpg
bendover (resized).jpg
giphy (3).gif
raw (1).gif
2017-01-17_1007 (resized).png
IMG_3618 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Onwallst.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#315 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

well, not evbd is reading pinside (and in particulary this probs threads ! yes, sounds strange but some members here still didnt know), surelly also most of the exploitants didnt care at all, and even the letter has a overall/general view of the prob, suppose most of the guys who signed it are from USA (just because law & warranty are not the same, talking for me european)
i was one of the first to report probs with my GB (the very first production run, send here in Europe/Belgium), having finally my pinball fully swapped by my distro for a "good" one, and still waiting on STERN program-list by monthes, with absolutly no news from them...
than yes, i'm thinking this letter will change nothing (but respect to you KPG)
and than doing the only thing i can do for my own : no more NIB until things will really change, simple as that
that not means no more STERN, as i'm still loving what they've done, and surelly same for what they will build in the future, but better to not gamble with NIB, and wait/check for the HUO market, buying having all the needed infos on your side

I agree with the OP. This letter had to go out. As I have stated before these recent play feilds aren't right. Stern can do one of two things. Live in vacuum and say everything is great or address the problem. If Batman 66 play feilds were great kudos to stern. That was not the case. Same issues same denial. Raise the price of games and people are going to expect more. You don't buy a Premium product and pay a premium price then realize they did everything they could do to save a dime and then they go silent when issues arise. I would have a hard time buying a NIB stern until they publicly announce a fix to the issue. With guys like me and many others avoiding buying a NIB stern their sales will suffer quickly. I was a loyal stern customer until quality and profit was put ahead of the customer. I really don't understand that they don't understand this. Ghost Buster's and Batman 66 were incredible titles and sales were off the charts but they dropped the ball. You can pull the wool
over the buyers eyes once or twice but not time and time again. The debate on this issue is just starting and I imagine it will go legal in the end.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.50
$ 12.75
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

15,699 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Onwallst.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/open-letter-to-gary-stern-re-defective-playfields?tu=Onwallst and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.