Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170117_221605 (resized).jpg
bendover (resized).jpg
giphy (3).gif
raw (1).gif
2017-01-17_1007 (resized).png
IMG_3618 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BC_Gambit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#200 7 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

Correct, but you want to do it as efficiently as possible right? Spend the most effort where it has the best business results, is what I'm saying.

Yeah, one of the ways to do that is competently run QC control, rather than working hard at winning back customers your cheapassery and incompetence has pissed off... maybe don't piss off your luxury toy buyers in the first place?

edit: and anybody judging KPG for taking this kind of action, just think how long Stern has had to make this right? And after waiting months after he received a personal phone call from Gary Stern promising to make it right... followed by radio silence.

I don't think there was a random offer for a buyback this week out of the blue. These tactics seemed to have Stern scared.

I am sure everybody else would have just crossed their fingers and hoped that out of the blue Stern was going to honor their commitments "cause like they're good guys and stuff".

#305 7 years ago

I realize this bird has probably left the coop, but to put it a way an artist may understand (and I mean no personal offence):

Lets say you sold a limited series of art prints, aimed at collectors, and it ended up they were on super fade fast ink and the stuff you printed them on crumbled to boot.

Then you said to a few of the people you sold them to, hey we have a plan.

Then you clammed up and appeared to do diddly for 6 months.

Yeah, people might be pissed at you after a point, even your super fans who bought your premium art prints in the first place.

And if your answer was to take this up with whatever shipping company you used (or other intermediary between you and the buyer) rather than say "I screwed up, here is how I am going to fix this" yeah that might be considered part of the problem too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BC_Gambit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/open-letter-to-gary-stern-re-defective-playfields?tu=BC_Gambit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.