Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170117_221605 (resized).jpg
bendover (resized).jpg
giphy (3).gif
raw (1).gif
2017-01-17_1007 (resized).png
IMG_3618 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 27dnast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#59 7 years ago

Interesting letter... curious, why the "guarantee" to place an order for Aerosmith? That has zero to do with your current situation. You want communication and resolution.

In fact, have you seen pictures of BM'66 exhibiting chipping in the shooter lane? If anything, I'd think you'd want to steer clear of Stern products until its re-establish quality out the door. You've already received lip service that you've found unsatisfactory... the fact that you're willing to shell out another $5 to $8K just because of more lip service doesn't exactly do much to telling the company that you truly demand more for your money.

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Incentive to stern is what hes saying fix everybody's gb playfeilds and he will order more pins

I wasn't being sarcastic or naive... just seems inconsequential. We're talking about one person here. Stern could give a rats___ about what one buyer says they will do in terms of future sales.

Why muddy the waters? State what you want... keep it simple...see how Stern responds.

#318 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Yeah I've been taking some time away from Pinside because this place can piss me off sometime lol.
I'm wondering if Stern is going to respond to my letter and publicly address the defects.
My distro is handling the return I assume on his own, Stern hasn't really done anything for me so I'm waiting for a response still.

They aren't going to respond.

The vocal side of Pinside respresents such a small sliver of the home buying community, I think a thread like this is little more than a pebble in their shoe.

Bottom line: Don't buy NIB if you think Stern isn't manufacturing to a standard you consider ok.

#320 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

If Pinside people have 900 GB machines…how many did they make? Is that really a small number?

I didn't say pinside... "vocal"

#322 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

But they will jump to action....both times when KPG became vocal...Stern reacted...the first time when Gary called, and now Trent buying back the machine simmeringKPG down, if they didn't do that and KPG kept going I would have bet they would have responded. So the small vocal side of pinball had Stern on their feet if you ask me. Squeaky wheel get's the oil.

And in none of those scenarios did Stern "publicly address" as KPG puts it.

Sure "he" got a phone call and Trent (for reasons we don't know) is buying "his" game back. But in no way has his letter caused Stern to "publicly adress the defects" to their buying audience.

It's not going to happen. And if it does, I'd be completely shocked.

#326 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Gary did mention it at the Expo seminar though.

Of course... they've "mentioned it" long before this thread.

I'm not intending to splice hairs... just saying, that you shouldn't expect Stern to respond to this kind of thread by growing a conscious and publicly by posting a notice on their homepage detailing defects... or sending letters to every single buyer in the last 2 years... they are not going to directly address this issue like a factory recall... they're not going to offerto buy back everyone's games.

They way it's being handled now is probably the way it's going to be handled going forward.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 210.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsford, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 27dnast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/open-letter-to-gary-stern-re-defective-playfields?tu=27dnast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.