Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170117_221605 (resized).jpg
bendover (resized).jpg
giphy (3).gif
raw (1).gif
2017-01-17_1007 (resized).png
IMG_3618 (resized).JPG
There are 333 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
#101 7 years ago

Dude, I was with you when you were trying to get Stern to communicate better. They've done a crap job at that, so I signed the petition.

Your aggressiveness is starting to peak and leak out toward others. Don't go to war with your pinball buddies over this, just my two cents.

#102 7 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Classy just like your letter.

Calling KPG classy now thats irony

#103 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Thanks Pipes, 2 out of 8 of your posts on Pinside just to criticize my complaints about Stern manufacturing defective products.
Sounds legit

Sorry, was this thread designed solely for the purpose of blowing rainbows up your ass? Why am I not allowed to disagree with your methods? Your two posts directed at me are very immature.

Also, just to be clear, I'm not criticizing your complaints.

#104 7 years ago

Newflash: Everybody is sick of Kpg's petty crusade and wishes he would go away.

I for one am shocked. That it took two threads to get to this point.

and really, nobody liked my song?! I spent like 5 minutes on that! More than any of you guys are doing.

#105 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Whysnow quotes Predator thread I am sure people are happy you talked them into staying in
Jared > why don't you just repeat the things you were overheard talking about at expo and also what you have told others regarding your involvement in getting to the 'truth' about Predator?
You have said many times now that you do not want to be the guy in the center of trying to 'blow the lid off' all this but you seem to be in every predator thread with the same stuff.
Just a guess that at least the first batch of 10 will be in homes this year. Unsure how quick they can even build them but will likely take time to get a good production process down.
My best guess is that after the first batch goes out there will be feedback and tweaks with production, then I would bet things smooth out over time (similar to what we have seen with other new game makers).
I am expecting a perfect game (and would guess everyone else is also), but I also am very realistic that I am getting an early number on a very limited game being produced by a first time pinball manufacturer. Just like EVERY game I buy,
nobody ever agreed to my terms unfortunately. Either way I will be the real winner when I am playing my game soon enough!
Reality > only been 5 months currently since I gave them 3k. This is NOT a long time frame by most people's sense of time. It is not a long time for me.
My game will get here soon enough.
Yes, the lack of communication sucks and I agree that it is bad for business. However, I think there is likely a more logical reason for removal of all things from the website. Probably has something to do with the license restrictions like "no online advertising". License agreements are complicated things as we have all seen many times over in the pinball world.
Hoping games get delivered soon and then all will come to light.
Sorry Billy, but from a business perspective if I were on the other side of the coin I would consider people asking for a refund just 5 months after they put it in a PITA. I would not tell them to their face, but would be thinking it in my head.
Granted if I were on the other side of the coin, I would have a private owners club set up by now with weekly picture updates (even when things are not progressing) in order to keep those that provided the 750k of deposits happy. Easy to keep people informed than deal with refund crap IME. If I were building this game you would have sold every other game in your collection before even thinking of bailing

not sure where you are going or trying to go with this?

I do know it now 100% proves you are a Stern employee. The fact that you are here bashing this as a Stern employee speaks volumes about the company as a whole. My only question is... Are you Jody or are you Jared? I tend to think Jody as Jared respects the community a bit more than to hide behind a pinside duplicate account.

#106 7 years ago

Gary is in London at the EAG now I believe.

#107 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I do know it now 100% proves you are a Stern employee. The fact that you are here bashing this as a Stern employee speaks volumes about the company as a whole. My only question is... Are you Jody or are you Jared? I tend to think Jody as Jared respects the community a bit more than to hide behind a pinside duplicate account.

Sorry my post does not prove I am a Stern employee it proves you are a fool

#108 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Jody

#109 7 years ago

giphy (3).gifgiphy (3).gif
raw (1).gifraw (1).gif

#110 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Newflash: Everybody is sick of Kpg's petty crusade and wishes he would go away.
I for one am shocked.

I'm shocked that you're on the side of a company selling defective products and not fixing them as promised.

This is all very simple.

-Stern sold defective games.
-Stern acknowledged games were defective.
-Stern claims they fixed the problem.
-Stern continues to manufacture games with problems allegedly fixed.

If the playfields are in fact fixed...why do customers have to pull teeth to get a replacement?

The likely truth is that the problems have NOT been fixed. They're in a tight spot, as if they publicly acknowledge this, their sales will crawl to a halt. They're relying on people not noticing or not caring about these issues in order to keep the line moving.

Those who don't notice/care are going to be a bit surprised when it comes time to sell their games. Knowledgable collectors or resellers will not pay a premium for games with ghosted/pitted playfields.

#111 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm shocked that you're on the side of a company selling defective products and not fixing them as promised.
This is all very simple.
-Stern sold defective games.
-Stern acknowledged games were defective.
-Stern claims they fixed the problem.
-Stern continues to manufacture games with problems allegedly fixed.
If the playfields are in fact fixed...why do customers have to pull teeth to get a replacement?
The likely truth is that the problems have NOT been fixed. They're in a tight spot, as if they publicly acknowledge this, their sales will crawl to a halt. They're relying on people not noticing or not caring about these issues in order to keep the line moving.
Those who don't notice/care are going to be a bit surprised when it comes time to sell their games. Knowledgable collectors or resellers will not pay a premium for games with ghosted/pitted playfields.

yeah yeah, I read the petition and the formal letter, and I look forward to both the lawsuit, the press conference, and KPg's eventual armed takeover of Stern, Inc. and the swat team standoff so we can all go over this once more.

I know all about this stuff. I just don't care. Seems to me some people are getting their new playfields, so what's the problem? This isn't Wal-Mart, it's gonna take them some time to get it together.

Look, it's getting obnoxious and repetitive, and the drama and self-importance is off the charts. I drained the last thread, I'll drain this one.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to start a change.org petition to get Manimal back on the air. It's important.

#112 7 years ago

Man, I can't help but put a post in with every dumpster fire. I feel like these threads need their own t-shirts
"I survived the KPG letter to stern dumpster fire thread of '17"

I personally don't give a rats' a$s about the original point of the thread. But what it's turned into is where I wanted to lodge a thought...
Everyone has an opinion. It's Pinside, we get that. But if someone doesn't share your opinion, disagree with them and move on. You don't need to roast them and declare that they are wrong, they are fanboys, they are sheeple. You don't need to always have the last word.

Take each others' opinions as just that...other opinions. The goal here is to share your message, not make everyone who doesn't agree with you totally wrong.

#113 7 years ago

POSITIVE resolution has arrived

In the form of a buy back, thanks to my distributor.

I won't be updating until next week and I still hope Stern will respond publicly, but this is a positive step in the right direction.

#114 7 years ago

Dankbeeeeeeeerg!

#115 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Ray,
Your Stern Army shirt is in the mail.

lol i am not qualified to be in the stern army, as the first piece of criteria is being a big enough numbskull to pay thousands of dollars for a product unseen.
meanwhile, you have purchased three of their machines, and are invested in them enough to start all these campaigns and threads and posts. so if im getting a stern army shirt for one post defending the company what do you have for giving them thousands of dollars? a wardrobe of stern uniforms?

#116 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I won't be updating until next week and I still hope Stern will respond publicly, but this is a positive step in the right direction.

Wow! They'd rather buy it back than send you new playfield!? WTF?!?!

Guess it makes sense...they get the LE back, put a new PF in it, jack up the price and resell it.

#117 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Drama aside for a second.

Are you okay with not having a Ghostbusters LE then? It's positive only if you're okay with not owning the game.

#118 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Guess it makes sense...they get the LE back, put a new PF in it, jack up the price and resell it.

im gonna take one wild guess that the buy back is an underhanded way of making sure they dont need to deal with this obnoxious customer anymore. this is basically stern saying: fuck it, were not gonna give you something else to bitch about. give us your machine back and well give you your money back, and this is over between us.

its kinda like when that middle aged woman is chewing out the manager at a movie theater wanting a refund after the movie. when the manager obliges, its not because the customer is right, its because the company would rather take a loss than engage these entitled whiners for even a second longer than necessary.

kpg is that person, and hes telling himself that hes won because he was right, and did his due diligence. when its obvious stern will be ditching him as a customer because of all his griping.

#119 7 years ago
Quoted from SHOOTTHEPYRAMID:

im gonna take one wild guess that the buy back is an underhanded way of making sure they dont need to deal with this obnoxious customer anymore. this is basically stern saying: fuck it, were not gonna give you something else to bitch about. give us your machine back and well give you your money back, and this is over between us.
its kinda like when that middle aged woman is chewing out the manager at a movie theater wanting a refund after the movie. when the manager obliges, its not because the customer is right, its because the company would rather take a loss than engage these entitled whiners for even a second longer than necessary.
kpg is that person, and hes telling himself that hes won because he was right, and did his due diligence. when its obvious stern will be ditching him as a customer because of all his griping.

??? I think it is more so that JY was dumb enough to out himself and someone else stepped into to realize they need to do some damage control and figure this is the quickest way to shut up the squeakiest wheel?

However, unless they step up and fix the root issues, there is going to be many more sueaky wheels in the future.

If a buyback happens it sets a nice precedent for defective product to be bought back atleast.

#120 7 years ago
Quoted from SHOOTTHEPYRAMID:

I think the feeling is mutual. Why would he want to buy another overpriced game with a crumbling playfield?

#121 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

and really, nobody liked my song?! I spent like 5 minutes on that!

I'm waiting on the video before I past judgment and vote

#122 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I think the feeling is mutual. Why would he want to buy another overpriced game with a crumbling playfield?

I wonder if he will spray paint Goatf*ckers on the side of the cab before he boxes it up and sends it back?

#123 7 years ago

When people will understand to not buy if they are not happy with what they buy?

Playfield quality is worse, pin after pin. When I have seen the theses pics, I thought more about a cancelled orders wave then a petition.

the buyer is now as responsible as the seller.

#124 7 years ago

I want to keep my Ghostbusters LE, but I find it unacceptable as it is. Within a week or two of owning it (I'll need to check the times on my emails) I had ghosting and chipping. On top of that the game came untested with an INSANE amount of quality control issues. Yes, I want to keep my game, but they need to make it right. I wouldn't want to do a sell back to Stern, because I think the game is great and want to own it, but if it comes down to throwing a big enough fit and doing a sell back or having nothing happen, I guess I would eventually sell it back too.

If Stern wants to target the home market, they need to operate under the demands that brings. Communication needs to be improved, and timelines to correct issues need to be condensed dramatically. They aren't doing either.

My dad owns a manufacturing business. They don't ship a product with known flaws. Doing so would be absolutely unthinkable under his watch. However, and I've asked him about this, if a batch of bad parts went out, they would delay or pass on an incoming order to spin back up to replace flawed parts first. No question.

Stern thinks that they can't afford to delay Batman or Aerosmith a couple of weeks to address bad playfields, but that's such short-sighted and stupid thinking. It's going to cost them WAY MORE in the long run not to fix these issues quickly. They've lost a ton of consumer confidence, and they've chased away a lot of repeat buyers. I'm not buying another NIB Stern. It's not worth the risk nor the headaches. Several other people I know personally won't based on my experience. The long-term damage being caused to Stern's bottom line is way more than it would cost to slow new game production momentarily.

#125 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Thanks Pipes, 2 out of 8 of your posts on Pinside just to criticize my complaints about Stern manufacturing defective products.
Sounds legit

Yeah you have to laugh about these hastily thrown together accounts that immediately jump into the thick of things... yeah real convincing

Like this "JY64" dude that is now quoting stuff from a year or two ago. Old time trolls with new accounts... nothing new under the sun.

#126 7 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Drama aside for a second.
Are you okay with not having a Ghostbusters LE then? It's positive only if you're okay with not owning the game.

I'm fine with it. I'm just over the entire thing at this point, and the day I see it leave it will be a nice sign of relief. Way too much BS dealing with this game. The Slimer mechanism doesn't even register anymore even after adjusting, the code is buggy, and also hasn't improved since it was released. The playfield ghosting and crumbling apart? It's all good. I can't wait to replace it with a Bally/Williams machine

#127 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Like this "JY64" dude that is now quoting stuff from a year or two ago. Old time trolls with new accounts... nothing new under the sun.

The entirety of JY64's presence on Pinside has been to shill for Stern and to criticize other manufacturers.

#128 7 years ago

Anybody see John's arcade Stern tour video from a few weeks back? I took 2 things from it:
1. Stern quality control is almost nonexistent when it comes to checking playfields for ghosting. Jody had to tell the guy to turn on the damn light table, and even then he had to plug it in, not even a simple on/off switch!
2. Jody needs to spit out the damn jolly rancher before speaking. Made him look extremely unprofessional and I could hardly understand the "blub" coming out of his mouth. Got me thinking of the french guy from Talladega Nights "you sound like a dog with peanut butter on the roof of your mouth"

#129 7 years ago

How much is the buy back ...... like I said before I'm sure folks in here would give you what the preorder price was . Would save them a bunch on an LE

Will you be continueing the fight for all the others that have supported you Kris like promised ?

#130 7 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

I feel like these threads need their own t-shirts
"I survived the KPG letter to stern dumpster fire thread of '17"

Totally agree. I'm actually calling Trent now to see if I can get a deal on the returned GB. Goddamn museum piece now.

#131 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I know all about this stuff. I just don't care

Then drain the threads and just move on. You are fanning the very drama you claim you are against and just don't care about. You're making it worse.

#132 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Or simply create separation... vs a nagging ongoing drain of resources.

#133 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You're making it worse.

Because he's not going to. But you know that, yet you reply to him anyway, which will of course bring on another reply on and on.

But you already knew that, yet you still do it. Fucking drain police will never learn.

#134 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Because he's not going to. But you know that, yet you reply to him anyway, which will of course bring on another reply on and on.
But you already knew that, yet you still do it. Fucking drain police will never learn.

Or it could be a guy.. talking to another guy he knows... giving him some friendly advice. But yeah, spin it into more drama. Kudos to you.

#135 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Who is "they?"

He said his distributor bought it back. It may or may not have anything to do with Stern.

Frankly, this is how it should be done. Instead of the distributor just acting as a middleman between Stern and the buyer (sending emails etc), the distributor is actually taking matters into his own hands to make things right. He is 1) earning his profits 2) earning a better reputation 3) trying to put an end to the negative publicity to both him and Stern's inadequate communication on the issue

Glad to see it get worked out.

#136 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

How much is the buy back ...... like I said before I'm sure folks in here would give you what the preorder price was . Would save them a bunch on an LE
Will you be continueing the fight for all the others that have supported you Kris like promised ?

Of course not.

Congrats Kpg, you made yourself into such an obnoxious PITA that Stern decided they want to have nothing to do with you

Anybody that owns a business knows what I'm talking about.

There's always a few people that come along that I'd rather jam a fork in my eye than deal with or try and make happy

Have fun with your Bally pins! You just made the blacklist

#137 7 years ago
#138 7 years ago

I think being blacklisted by Stern should be a pinside achievement

#139 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Or it could be a guy.. talking to another guy he knows... giving him some friendly advice. But yeah, spin it into more drama. Kudos to you.

Is that a joke? You're going to be the one to tame Levi in these threads? Get over yourself.

#140 7 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

When people will understand to not buy if they are not happy with what they buy?

He didn't know the playfield was going to be defective when he bought it. This whole playfield thing came to light after Ghostbusters LE pre-orders were sold out....people got their games, opened them, then discovered the problems.

#141 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yeah you have to laugh about these hastily thrown together accounts that immediately jump into the thick of things... yeah real convincing

So for how long do you need to sit in the weeds over here before you're allowed to contribute with some real posts? Based on my experience on other forums, a high post count makes you neither qualified nor intelligent necessarily.

Quoted from kpg:

I'm fine with it. I'm just over the entire thing at this point, and the day I see it leave it will be a nice sign of relief. Way too much BS dealing with this game. The Slimer mechanism doesn't even register anymore even after adjusting, the code is buggy, and also hasn't improved since it was released. The playfield ghosting and crumbling apart? It's all good. I can't wait to replace it with a Bally/Williams machine

Well that is a positive then. It's good to hear your situation is going to be resolved.

#142 7 years ago

I find it amazing what you had to go through to get any kind of response\resolution.

Does that mean Iceman lost the bet?

Quoted from kpg:

#143 7 years ago

If they did not include an amount or the amount is the same as purchase price.................... I would consider it a loss as there's still shipping to be paid for.

#144 7 years ago

Is it Trent or Stern buying it back?

#145 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Sorry but no %20 of people on pinside at any time are followers not users so a new member may be a long time follower . The real shame is the %5 of pinside make %90 of the post and most of them are ass holes

#146 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Sorry but no %20 of people on pinside at any time are followers not users so a new member may be a long time follower . The real shame is the %5 of pinside make %90 of the post and most of them are ass holes

Then why hang around? You're free to go to a site with a better ratio of good to bad users.

#147 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Is it Trent or Stern buying it back?

If I was Trent I would do the buyback, then wait for my new PF and be a cool 1500 in the green as market seems to demand 8500

#148 7 years ago

Man I don't get why people are ripping on KPG so hard. He spent 8k on a toy and expects it to be perfect, Stern admits it's defective and doesn't alleviate the situation. I can understand fully why he's so upset. What I don't understand is why there are people that are such gaping assholes on pinside defending Stern so strongly when they're clearly in the wrong.

#149 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

He didn't know the playfield was going to be defective when he bought it. This whole playfield thing came to light after Ghostbusters LE pre-orders were sold out....people got their games, opened them, then discovered the problems.

No I don't think so. Dimples were here with x-men, TWD, Acdc and certainly others I did not own. GB was the first with ghosting insert issue more.

So this is what I said. It is getting worse and worse.

does B66 pf get also ghosting insert?

Anyway Stern will only understand when it will affect their wallet.

#150 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

WTF??? This sounds like a word problem only Lonny has the answer to.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 130.00
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 25.50
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 333 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/open-letter-to-gary-stern-re-defective-playfields/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.