Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

price (resized).PNG
    IMG_20191118_0003 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191118_0002 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191118_0001 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbally.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's almost as if he closed down Stern and opened Data East just to get rid of the union!

In the city limits of Chicago, all factories were Union. Bally moved pinball production out to Franklin Park & Bensenville to eliminate union labor rates.

#30 4 years ago

Once Dragon's Lair was released, the Route Operator I worked for raised all Asteroids, Ms Pac Man Zaxxon and Super Zaxxon machines to 50¢ per play. Had nice price signs made up to glue above or on the coin doors. The intention was to increase income. Like Toll Roads using the old max/min formula. Some will no longer play but those that do will help increase income.

It was a dismal failure. Income dropped to 30% of the former amount. Within three weeks we put all of the pricing back to Quarter play.

#33 4 years ago

Just a Nickel, to 30¢/play would have been met with little resistance and netted more revenue. But the machines had twin quarter coin chutes going into one cash box.

Changing one to accept nickels would not be practical for collecting cash or reliable machine operation. If either chute jams, the game is down. With twin Quarter chutes, one jams, the location puts tape over the bad coin slot and calls us. Game still makes money.

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Here is a article about the cost of a new car. In 1979 it was under $7000. Just read recently the average cost is closer to $34K now (not exclusively cars).
    https://blog.chron.com/carsandtrucks/2016/04/cost-of-a-car-in-the-year-you-were-born/

The list only goes back to 1967, not gonna help me if I want to know the price of an average car when I was born......

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Bought a brand new 1974 VW super beetle and can tell you it was a lot less than that!! Less than 3K That bug was a great car!

My first car was my parents' hand me down '74 VW Super Beetle. They bought it new with the optional automatic stick shift and an AM radio with tax it was $3,400 in early 1974.
    I swapped out the transmission with a 4 speed manual after I got it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbally.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/open-letter-from?tu=mrbally and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.