Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mustangprem.jpg
MustangPro-Playfield.jpg

There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Maybe a more realistic solution. Rather than asking stern to add the 4 songs just ask that they repeat the 4 songs already in the game for those modes. So each song works for 2 modes. In this case you would then be able to replace the songs for each mode with the browser as the code will already be there on when to play a set song.
This is assuming that they cut the song list for cost reasons (wont be added in) and that the code isn't there already to play songs and the sound file is just missing.
Seems to be a good compromise if adding the same songs isn't an option.

Oh, this would be an absolute awesome solution. Just repeat a song twice and put it in twice. We can then swap it out with something else. If we are honest we buy an extra digital copy so the bands get $ and we then drop in the song we want. Loving this idea, but I do not think Stern will do this. I think repeating the 4 songs is a good idea. Right now, it seems lame to have four modes with actual background music (artist songs) and another 4 with some generic stuff that does not fit with the game. Repeating songs is an acceptable solution.

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

I grew up in the 80's so I would rather hear "She's as cold as Ice" "Jessie's Girl" "Abracadabra " "Jump" "When Doves Cry"

Nobody who owns a Mustang would listen to any of those songs, unless they won it on the Price is Right.

#53 10 years ago

Yeh I want

Megadeath, Nazereth etc..,

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

"Metallic Pea ??!!",...... "I ordered Antarctic Blue !!"

If you think you hate it now, wait 'till you play it!

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

If you think you hate it now, wait 'till you play it!

I think the game is a solid B

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I think the game is a solid B, but the missing audio is dropping it into C status as when I play the modes without audio, I just feel like those modes take me out of the game play.

Do they have NO audio, or original instrumental music?

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from Trace_on:

Yeah but it doesn't cost them anything to put the songs in the Pro; bad decision IMO.

Yeah at today's prices it might cost them 50 cents more of RAM or ROM... actually the space is probably already there going unused.

Then there is the license issue but I can't imagine this particular set of songs has a particularly high asking price

Post edited by Manic: 'cuz I'm a dummy

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Then there is the license issue but I can't imagine this particular set of songs has a particularly high asking price

Why would you think that? These are all famous and iconic songs, which is why they were chosen. You think Sony just gives that stuff away?

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Why would you think that? These are all famous and iconic songs, which is why they were chosen. You think Sony just gives that stuff away?

My guess is $1.00 per song

Quoted from Rarehero:

Do they have NO audio, or original instrumental music?

Audio and some background stuff. All modes have audio. 4 have audio , music and sound fx other 4 audio and sound fx really feels like something is missing. Again those other 4 modes seem off. Either put songs to all modes or do not put songs in at all

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Secondly the pro model is becoming more like a joke everytime they release a new title. Eventually the only thing the Pro model will have is a toilet seat and a toothbrush.....so you can brush the bad taste of your mouth and for you to take a .....

I can't agree at all. Star Trek pro was great and had pretty much all the gameplay aspects as well as some of the color changing inserts. Metallica pro is a fantastic pro - a really great game. Xmen and avengers pros were way more stripped down. So the trend is definitely not as you state.

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I can't agree at all. Star Trek pro was great and had pretty much all the gameplay aspects as well as some of the color changing inserts. Metallica pro is a fantastic pro - a really great game. Xmen and Avengers pros were way more stripped down. So the trend is definitely not as you state.

The worry is that it is trending again. RITCHIE AND Borg get a lot in the pro. Gomez and Trudeau not so much. BORG IS BECOMING THE ONLY DESIGNER THAT MAKES CONSISTANTLY AWESOME PRO GAMES.

BORG IS THE MAN!!

#62 10 years ago

How does a Mustang themed pinball machine not have Mustang Sally as one of the songs???

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

Ramones!!! What song?

Suzy is a Headbanger.

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Suzy is a Headbanger.

and sheena is a punk rocker

#65 10 years ago

It almost feels like Borg designs a Pro then adds features for the premium, while Ritchie designs the premium version then strips elements for the pro.

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

The worry is that it is trending again. RITCHIE AND Borg get a lot in the pro. Gomez and Trudeau not so much. BORG IS BECOMING THE ONLY DESIGNER THAT MAKES CONSISTANTLY AWESOME PRO GAMES.
BORG IS THE MAN!!

The last two pros were fantastic. This one is missing 4 songs. So that indicates that stern is now in a downward cheapening trend??

#67 10 years ago

Stern could care less. They could have put the Mustang model on a pedestal that flopped around when you hit it and people would buy it. The DMD will be the next to go as well as the leg levelers.

#68 10 years ago

So what's the 4 songs included with the pro and what 8 songs on the premium/le?

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

The last two pros were fantastic. This one is missing 4 songs. So that indicates that stern is now in a downward cheapening trend??

Avengers
pro was really lacking. I certainly think the trend is non Borg or Ritchie games get less and less stuff

BORG KNOWS HOW TO STRETCH EVERY PENNY AND RITCHIE IS THE KING WHO FIGHTS FOR EVERYTHING.

SO YES I THINK IT IS A TREND

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Avengers
pro was really lacking. I certainly think the trend is non Borg or Ritchie games get less and less stuff
BORG KNOWS HOW TO STRETCH EVERY PENNY AND RITCHIE IS THE KING WHO FIGHTS FOR EVERYTHING.

Just more for arguments sake, what was avengers severely lacking?

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Avengers

Yes. The trend is that acdc pro sucked, avengers had a pretty crappy pro, and after this they released Metallica pro (awesome) and Star Trek pro (awesome). So there's you trend. I haven't seen mustang yet and I suspect neither have you. So we can't judge that. But leaving out some songs is better than say leaving out a lower playfied (acdc) or leaving out night crawlers. As for Steve Ritchie, his acdc pro was one of the most, if not the most, stripped down pro stern has ever released. So yea, I don't see a trend here. I disagree with you're premise.

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Just more for arguments sake, what was Avengers severely lacking?

A user controlled crossover ramp, detachable bridge, Thor drop targets, 2 balls, and lighting.

#73 10 years ago

Mustang is pretty fun

#75 10 years ago

Pretty sure you will get your 4 missing songs with a code update cause this is really ridiculous. Something Stern can easily correct.

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from BillP:

even 8 songs is too few, 4 is just ridicules
8-10 on the pro and 10-12 of the LE/Premium
This song fiasco is all that is holding me back from opening my wallet

Most pinball machines only have one...

#77 10 years ago

If you want a heap of songs, buy an ipod. I only have one pinball machine that plays a song and it only does it during multiball, has never made me want to throw it out.

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from blue95:

If you want a heap of songs, buy an ipod. I only have one pinball machine that plays a song and it only does it during multiball, has never made me want to throw it out.

Yeah but would you pay over five thousand dollars to re-buy it or keep it? Didn't think so

#79 10 years ago

Had 5 pinsiders over today to play . All think this is the best pro released to date. Would be great to have 8 VS 4 .
good bang for the buck.

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

Had 5 pinsiders over today to play . All think this is the best pro released to date. Would be great to have 8 VS 4 .
good bang for the buck.

More people just need to see and play it. Glad they liked it Jim. Tell them I have one new in box Mustang left out of the 5 in case thy do not look at Pinside.

Acdc pro not as bad either after the mods but most will not admit it as they purchased the more expensive one.

#81 10 years ago

Play-n the Pro , I noticed in 1 Mode , the song " The Ace of Spades " by: MoTor Head .. Loved it ..

What are the Other 4 Songs the Pro doesn't have ?

#82 10 years ago

The old way to buy a pinball machine... Buy it complete!

The current way to buy a pinball machine... Preorder it incomplete!

The new way to buy a pinball machine... Don't buy shit until 5 years later when/if they finish it!

When will you guys learn?

#83 10 years ago

For the money, this is better than most right out of the box!

#84 10 years ago

I don't see anywhere that is specifically says 8 songs will be included on the pro model. All they explicitly say about the pro model is that it is only for arcades and public places. Is yours in an arcade or public place? If not, I would say you are screwed. If so, you are not screwed but perhaps not getting the songs the Premium has. I say this sarcastically - do you believe and obey everything marketing tells you?Sory

Marketing... Marketing... Marketing. Talk about pro in the first line, then talk about premium and everything after that point is taking about the premium games. Lesson is... Buyer Beware. Ask questions before ordering and don't assume anything.

Sorry, not what everyone else is saying but there has got to be a lesson here somewhere.

#85 10 years ago

Here are 3 of the 4 songs I have found on the pro :
- Free Ride (by Edgar Winter)
- Ace of Spades (by Motorhead)
- Drag City (by Jan & Dean)

Anyone knows the 4th one ?
and the 4 aditional ones on the Premium ?

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

The 4 in the Pro are
Free Ride
Ace of Spades
Beach Boys
Ramones

Yes, the 4th one is "Hey Ho Let's go" from the Ramones.

#87 10 years ago

" I Can't drive 55 ",, should be included .

#88 10 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Bingo..

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Yes, the 4th one is "Hey Ho Let's go" from the Ramones.

That's the "Blitzkrieg Bop"

#90 10 years ago

Whats the software version shipping with the machines? I didn't see this on Sterns site.

#91 10 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Whats the software version shipping with the machines?

I think it is v1.11

#92 10 years ago
Quoted from tullster:

That's the "Blitzkrieg Bop"

Yes ! "Hey Ho Let's go" is the album name

#93 9 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

That's on NASCAR already.

#94 9 years ago

Mustang pro is pretty solid already and it doesn't look like the LE/Premium will change game play much. The pro has full LED lighting, rather evolved rules already, not buggy. It doesn't feel stripped down or lacking to me.

The flyer I have says 4 songs for the pro. That's what's on mine. Pretty innovative rules around the gear shift multiball where the player can take a 3-ball multiball, or choose to go for a 4, 5, or 6 ball multiball with higher super jackpots (and higher risk of not starting it before draining the last ball).

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Pretty innovative rules around the gear shift multiball where the player can take a 3-ball multiball, or choose to go for a 4, 5, or 6 ball multiball with higher super jackpots (and higher risk of not starting it before draining the last ball).

oooohhhh, tell me more. I played it all weekend at TPF and never figured that part out. Do you have to avoid the scoop to add more balls?

#96 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That's on Nascar already.

How about Jerry Reed ,, the Song may not be fit the Pin , but this Video in interesting

Or " Jerry was a race car Driver "

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

oooohhhh, tell me more. I played it all weekend at TPF and never figured that part out. Do you have to avoid the scoop to add more balls?

Every time you complete the GEARS drop targets, you go up a gear. Once you're to gear 3 (3 completions of the bank), "start multiball" lights on the scoop. You can avoid the scoop, or even abort multiball if you do go in. It says "Staring multiball in 3.......2.......1" with the text "hit flippers twice to abort". So you can manually abort and go to a higher gear with more target bank completions, up to a 6-ball multiball. Pretty cool.

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

How about Jerry Reed ,, the Song may not be fit the Pin , but this Video in interesting

Stern has already licensed songs from Sony Music, so what's in the game is what's in the game. I'm sure people will use that browser thingie to alter the songs.

#99 9 years ago

Yes 6 multiball returns finally. Nice touch and change of pace as way to go for it.

#100 9 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Every time you complete the GEARS drop targets, you go up a gear. Once you're to gear 3 (3 completions of the bank), "start multiball" lights on the scoop. You can avoid the scoop, or even abort multiball if you do go in. It says "Staring multiball in 3.......2.......1" with the text "hit flippers twice to abort". So you can manually abort and go to a higher gear with more target bank completions, up to a 6-ball multiball. Pretty cool.

Correct. At the Enada show in Italy there was a rumor going round that in 6-ball m-ball you can get a 100M super jackpot. We tried to get to it, but never did. Apparently regular superjackpot with 6 balls is 50M, but you can activate a double points feature with the Nitro targets in some way. Would be nice if true.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/open-complaint-about-mustang-i-want-the-8-songs-in-the-pro/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.