Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mustangprem.jpg
MustangPro-Playfield.jpg
There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 10 years ago

Alright,

So on March 4, 2014 this is published

Stern Pinball's Pro model, designed for arcades and other public spaces, features Mustangs from the past five decades. The Boss Premium model focuses on an array of Boss Mustang models while the 50-Years-of-Mustang Limited Edition machine is signed by the game designer and contains exclusive commemorative game features and art from the1965 original through the all-new 2015 Mustang GT. Each game includes real Mustang sounds and a Sony Music soundtrack of eight generational cruising tunes to give players the visceral experience of driving a Mustang. The Boss Premium and 50-Years-of-Mustang Limited Edition models feature genuine Ford Mustang chrome pony emblems on the speaker display panels, unique art packages, additional drop targets, an interactive turntable feature, a stainless steel crossing ramp and eight color-changing LED shot arrows to lead players on a unique racing experience.

As of March 26, 2014 Pro owners get 4 songs and the other 4 modes are certainly lacking the audio. I think this is downright ridiculous. For those that have played the game, the gameplay is pretty fast and fun. 4 of the 8 modes have music and the other 4 modes, well it feels like something is definitely lacking

This is a plea for Stern to upgrade the code on the PRO to include all 8 songs as they originally stated they would!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!! The game is definitely lacking and needs

#2 10 years ago

What are the eight songs?

#3 10 years ago

I have no idea

The 4 in the Pro are

Free Ride
Ace of Spades
Beach Boys
Ramones

There are another 4, that are missing in the pro, but in the Premium/LE

#4 10 years ago

I wonder if that's Sterns way of saying well theses guys spent more money so they get more bang? Plus, give it time, someone will hack the code and add 4 more song and change them for a small fee. I grew up in the 80's so I would rather hear "She's as cold as Ice" "Jessie's Girl" "Abracadabra " "Jump" "When Doves Cry" yes I know it's not everyone's taste but not everyone is a head banger. However, I love all kinds of music all the way up until. "What the heck are the words"?

#5 10 years ago

sounds like you should have gone the premium/LE route.
perhaps that's one of the ways they are going to try and sell them due to soft interest.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I have no idea
The 4 in the Pro are
Free Ride
Ace of Spades
Beach Boys
Ramones
There are another 4, that are missing in the pro, but in the Premium/LE

Of course I have only seen some videos of Mustang, but I was wondering, which Ramones song did they use?

#7 10 years ago

Megadeth's - 502
Cars- Who's gonna drive you home.
Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run
Golden Earing - Radar Love

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

perhaps that's one of the ways they are going to try and sell them due to soft interest.

Why? Stern announced 8 songs on the PRO and then pulled it. I have 0 interest in a Premium because the moving toy block my view of the ball. I would gladly pay $20 more for 4 songs to be added back into the PRO.

#9 10 years ago

Ramones!!! What song?

#10 10 years ago

I hope its Blitzkreig Bop

#11 10 years ago

I don't get how Stern works. If you promise 8 songs..then deliver 8 songs. All they are doing is creating bad publicity for themselves. Secondly the pro model is becoming more like a joke everytime they release a new title. Eventually the only thing the Pro model will have is a toilet seat and a toothbrush.....so you can brush the bad taste of your mouth and for you to take a ..... don't you worry you can upgrade to the Premium for a few sheets of toilet paper but you'll have to get the LE to get the entire roll.

I wonder how this model would work for instance at Porsche.... yes sir your car will include a 450 hp motor with AWD and a stabilizing spoiler..

*CAR ARRIVES* after the consumer has paid

I'm sorry sir...we swapped your motor with a 100 hp 2 cylinder Moped engine and glued on a kite to the rear end.

Enjoy your car....

#12 10 years ago

That's ridiculous that Stern would intentional gimp the Pro by holding back songs! It's not like it doesn't have the storage space or the capability and it would help the game which hasn't been getting a lot of buzz from the collector's market and maybe even help sell more games for them.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I wonder how this model would work for instance at Porsche.... yes sir your car will include a 450 hp motor with AWD and a stabilizing spoiler..
*CAR ARRIVES* after the consumer has paid
I'm sorry sir...we swapped your motor with a 100 hp 2 cylinder Moped engine and glued on a kite to the rear end.
Enjoy your car....

"Metallic Pea ??!!",...... "I ordered Antarctic Blue !!"

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Why? Stern announced 8 songs on the PRO and then pulled it. I have 0 interest in a Premium because the moving toy block my view of the ball. I would gladly pay $20 more for 4 songs to be added back into the PRO.

Isn't the moving toy towards the back left area? Lots of things on a PF block the ball view. If you want the ball to be constantly viewed maybe grab an EM?

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Isn't the moving toy towards the back left area?

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

We shouldn't endorse Pro gimping when the features in question do not cost Stern extra money.

#17 10 years ago

It's been out a week. The code will get flushed out. Relax. We all know it takes a while to get to the final version...

If you willingly buy a stern on the first week of release, this is the pill you choose to swallow...

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Megadeth's - 502
Cars- Who's gonna drive you home.
Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run
Golden Earing - Radar Love

Must have Radar Love on any driving game.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

It's been out a week. The code will get flushed out. Relax. We all know it takes a while to get to the final version...
If you willingly buy a stern on the first week of release, this is the pill you choose to swallow...

Not the point at all.

PRO gets 4 songs and 8 were supposed to be included

http://www.pingamejournal.com/stern/

March 4, 2014 - Mustang Pro, LE, and Premium Models Announced!

Stern Pinball, Inc., the world's oldest and largest producer of arcade-quality pinball games, proudly announced today the availability of three Mustang pinball games. The feature-rich Boss Premium and 50-Years-of-Mustang Limited Edition machines will join Stern's Pro model, which was recently greeted by rave reviews at the Chicago Auto Show. Handcrafted by Chicago's own Stern Pinball, the Mustang-inspired games combine two icons of American pop culture - pinball and Mustang.

Stern Pinball's Pro model, designed for arcades and other public spaces, features Mustangs from the past five decades. The Boss Premium model focuses on an array of Boss Mustang models while the 50-Years-of-Mustang Limited Edition machine is signed by the game designer and contains exclusive commemorative game features and art from the1965 original through the all-new 2015 Mustang GT. Each game includes real Mustang sounds and a Sony Music soundtrack of eight generational cruising tunes to give players the visceral experience of driving a Mustang. The Boss Premium and 50-Years-of-Mustang Limited Edition models feature genuine Ford Mustang chrome pony emblems on the speaker display panels, unique art packages, additional drop targets, an interactive turntable feature, a stainless steel crossing ramp and eight color-changing LED shot arrows to lead players on a unique racing experience.

The games incorporate a mix of classic pinball features and cutting-edge technology to let players race with some of the greatest Mustangs of all time and build a dream collection as they progress through the game. The playfield invites players to go drag racing, rallying, drifting and road racing as they string a series of shots together in pursuit of a high score.

"Everyone at Stern is buzzing with excitement about the Mustang games," said Gary Stern, Chairman and CEO of Stern Pinball, Inc. "From the artwork and game features to the generational soundtrack, we've created games that will make Mustang lovers, pinball fanatics and collectors worldwide eager to take each model for a test-drive."

The Ford Mustang game continues the Stern Pinball tradition of producing quality pinball machines for young and old. The company traces its lineage to the 1930's in Philadelphia when Sam Stern entered the business of operating pinball games. Sam subsequently became part owner and president of Williams Manufacturing, a pioneer in the pinball industry, and passed his lifelong enthusiasm for pinball to his son, Gary, who founded Stern Pinball. Today pinball remains one of the world's favorite pastimes.

http://www.sternpinball.com/Games/mustang-pro.aspx

Players will experience the thrill of building an amazing collection of the most desirable Mustangs; including GT's, Mach 1's, Cobras, Boss Mustangs and the 2015 Mustang

Take your Mustangs racing against an array of colorful game characters in 8 different racing scenarios including drifting, drag racing, road races, rallies and police pursuits

Take down the "GEARS" drop targets to shift your way into gear shift multiball

Shoot around the playfield to earn Ford Racing parts and customize, modify and tune your Mustangs

Advance thru the challenge ladder to race in the Silverball Stampede, an all-out coast-to-coast run against all of the wacky opponents in the game

5 bank "GEARS" drop targets with 15 LED interactive shift grid feature
Game

2 "Shift" rectangular stand up targets behind "GEARS" drop targets
Features

"Donut Time" captive ball feature

Player selectable driving music - four generational cruising tunes in collaboration with Sony Music

Custom speech by Tanner Foust – professional race car driver and TV host

Actual Mustang engine sounds

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

On Mustang, the Pro is great sans the 4 missing songs. I think this a ploy to push people towards buying a premium. I have 0 interest in a premium and bought a pro.
I do however, want those 4 songs and I'm not willing to shell our $2K more for them.

Yeah, its just called marketing. I'd be bummed too if I ordered the pro and got 4 out of 8 songs, but overall its just songs, not like they took out a ramp or anything crazy. Crank up the stereo and make playlist of those 4 songs while playing Mustang

Also, I am missing where they said specifically the pro itself has 8 songs?

#21 10 years ago

Specifically says 8 songs

This was from March 4, 2014 release

"Each game includes real Mustang sounds and a Sony Music soundtrack of eight generational cruising tunes to give players the visceral experience of driving a Mustang."

This was later changed to 4 for the pro

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

but overall its just songs, not like they took out a ramp or anything crazy.

Yeah but it doesn't cost them anything to put the songs in the Pro; bad decision IMO.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Specifically says 8 songs
This was from March 4, 2014 release
"Each game includes real Mustang sounds and a Sony Music soundtrack of eight generational cruising tunes to give players the visceral experience of driving a Mustang."
This was later changed to 4 for the PRO.
I hear Walking Dead is next, maybe the PRO will only get some characters ;0. I love Stern, but this is not a cool move on omitting the songs. You can definitely tell they are supposed to be their

I see. Where is it on Stern's site or any record of it on Stern's site prior? I think that'd be more important than an article that potentially didn't clarify as clearly?

#24 10 years ago

Motörhead finally made it into a pin. Yessssssss!

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Trace_on:

We shouldn't endorse Pro gimping when the features in question do not cost Stern extra money.

Licensing songs costs money. The Pro is cheaper, so it got costs cut. I highly doubt you're going to see more songs added in an update, that would mean Stern paid for an increased license for the game you already bought.

The Pro is meant for location, where song variety isn't as important. If you're at home and want the full selection pay for the Premium, which is the home model.

Not saying I agree with all that necessarily, but that does appear to be the reality.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Yeah, its just called marketing. I'd be bummed too if I ordered the pro and got 4 out of 8 songs, but overall its just songs, not like they took out a ramp or anything crazy. Crank up the stereo and make playlist of those 4 songs while playing Mustang

No, it's not called marketing, it's called lying. 4 != 8

Cutting four licensed songs from the game is a huge omission. Especially when the four songs that were included aren't even all that great. Only one that I enjoyed in the context of the game was "Free Ride"

#27 10 years ago

The official flyer says the PRO gets 4 songs. Did you see an official pro flyer that said 8?

http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/Games/mustang/Mustang65ProFlyer.pdf

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

No, it's not called marketing, it's called lying. 4 != 8
Cutting four licensed songs from the game is a huge omission. Especially when the four songs that were included aren't even all that great. Only one that I enjoyed in the context of the game was "Free Ride"

Its very strange 4 modes have cool tunes and the other four nothing. It is really a major bummer.

Stern could fix this by allowing players to purchase a special code update or pay the fees themselves. I'm okay to shell out another $20.00 to get the songs. Sony makes money, the consumer is happy and Stern may sell more games. I know its about profit and the songs cost extra, but Stern should not have pulled them. It feels like a blatant move to try and sell more Premiums.

#29 10 years ago

aurich made my point... a little more eloquently.
you bet they have to pay a license fee on the songs. and transformers was going to have an actual transforming character if you watch their promo video. things change. could have had a cost overrun at the last minute and the savings of the license fee for songs was the only way to get it under budget.
there's always pinball browser that you can add 4 of your absolute favorite songs to the game that fit the theme.
It's a pinball machine. not a jukebox.
And like I said initially --- sales are soft on this title so far. I work for a distributor and we haven't sold a single one yet. so perhaps it is a ploy to move people to the more profitable LE/premium.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

The official flyer says the PRO gets 4 songs. Did you see an official pro flyer that said 8?

#31 10 years ago

even 8 songs is too few, 4 is just ridicules

8-10 on the pro and 10-12 of the LE/Premium

This song fiasco is all that is holding me back from opening my wallet

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Ahh ok, so the press release was vague... deliberately? who knows, but makes me question their intent.

#33 10 years ago

What are the other four (replacement) tunes in the game, and what are their lengths? If the slots are sufficiently long enough, they can be replaced with proper music using PinballBrowser.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Its very strange 4 modes have cool tunes and the other four nothing. It is really a major bummer.

Does it just play the main theme music for the other 4 modes or no music at all? Pretty lame either way! Is there any way to sub your own songs in for the missing 4 songs?

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

What are the other four (replacement) tunes in the game, and what are their lengths? If the slots are sufficiently long enough, they can be replaced with proper music using PinballBrowser.

Can't tell until we see the rom on Sterns site.

#36 10 years ago

I played the game last weekend but was hard to tell what the music was besides a couple songs.

#37 10 years ago

I highly doubt the amount of songs on this game will matter for sales....

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from Trace_on:

Yeah but it doesn't cost them anything to put the songs in the Pro; bad decision IMO.

Yes it does. Licensing songs from various artists costs $$$$ ...Unlike Metallica, where they're just paying the band in an overall deal, they have to pay each individual artist royalties per game. Less songs on the Pro was most likely indeed a cost cutting measure.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yes it does. Licensing songs from various artists costs $$$$ ...Unlike Metallica, where they're just paying the band in an overall deal, they have to pay each individual artist royalties per game. Less songs on the Pro was most likely indeed a cost cutting measure.

Maybe if the Stern developers see this they can do owner's a solid and at least put placeholders into the code for the four modes of the that are missing unique songs (of the correct song length) so that owner's can sub the 4 missing songs in themselves and Stern can avoid having to pay extra royalties? Win/Win!

#40 10 years ago

Dude, relax!!!

Perhaps the other will come in a update!!

Perhaps they will add even more than 4 over time!!

How do you know the premiums don't have 4 songs only too?? Have you played a premium? Has anyone!?

If they said it will have 8 songs: IT WILL.

If they say it will have a "End of the Line Wizard Mode" IT WILL!!

Now, you may have to wait 2 months to 2 years for them to flush out all the features and get it in top form, but again, THIS IS COMMON KNOWLEDGE OF HOW STERN WORKS.

Does it suck? Sure!! Should they release games with 2.0 code with every bell and whistle ready? Sure!! BUT THEY DONT. And we know it!!!

SO AGAIN....

When you willingly buy a stern on release week , it's safe to expect that you are getting a game with 30-40% of it's total operational ability. This could include code, songs, lighting, animations..

If you buy week 1... Or even year 1... This is your burden to bear.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Dude, relax!!!
Perhaps the other will come in a update!!
Perhaps they will add even more than 4 over time!!
How do you know the premiums don't have 4 songs only too?? Have you played a premium? Has anyone!?
Now, you may have to wait 2 months to 2 years for them to flush out all the features and get it in top form, but again, THIS IS COMMON KNOWLEDGE OF HOW STERN WORKS.
Does it suck? Sure!! Should they release games with 2.0 code with every bell and whistle ready? Sure!! BUT THEY DONT. And we know it!!!
SO AGAIN....
When you willingly buy a stern on release week , it's safe to expect that you are getting a game with 30-40% of it's total operational ability. This could include code, songs, lighting, animations..
If you buy week 1... Or even year 1... This is your burden to bear.

According to the recent marketing and Flyer the PRO will only ever have the 4 songs, unless we make enough noise that Stern gives in and gives the pro owners 8 songs. I highly doubt this is going to happen as the premium and LE owners may revolt, however if they add them before the release of the LE or Premium the buyer can make an informed decisions. It may even help sell more pros for those sitting on the fence.

I cannot support the Premium and the price of the LE is too much for this title. I may upgrade to a LE when they sell for $5K on the used market, but who knows.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

According to the recent marketing and Flyer the PRO will only ever have the 4 songs, unless we make enough noise that Stern gives in and gives the pro owners 8 songs. I highly doubt this is going to happen as the premium and LE owners may revolt,

I don't think Premium or LE owners would care....but the musicians who'd want proper royalty payments would.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Why? Stern announced 8 songs on the PRO and then pulled it. I have 0 interest in a Premium because the moving toy block my view of the ball.

LOL...here we go with the "blocking of the ball" again. The Pro has a car on a platform. The Prem has a car on a platform (but the platform is transparent and rotates). How does the PRem block anything more than the Pro?

#44 10 years ago

Well...

If they said in a press release that it would have 8 songs and then did. Last minute change-a-too to 4 songs... Yeah that sucks. If they eventually get to 8... No problem... But if it stays at 4 forever: no bueno.

I can understand a pro not having some physical features, bit holding out on songs on propose seems wrong.

Let's hope they come in an update sometime soon.

#45 10 years ago

Official press release says 8 songs. So if you ordered with that, that's a commitment they should honor.

I wonder if you have just add whatever you want anyway using PB?

Jaz

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I don't think Premium or LE owners would care....but the musicians who'd want proper royalty payments would.

Well Stern would have to absorb that cost, or come up with some system to allow the PRO owners to upgrade the tunes. - This would be a win/win if the system did not cost Stern a lot of money to develop.

Or have Stern tell us we need to raise $5K to give all pro owners the songs. We could start a kickstarter for that. I'd give up $ 20 - $ 30.00 We just need 200 - $25 donations

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL...here we go with the "blocking of the ball" again. The Pro has a car on a platform. The Prem has a car on a platform (but the platform is transparent and rotates). How does the PRem block anything more than the Pro?

This is not fair as I have not played the Premium. Just looking at the pictures the premium clearly blocks that area

MustangPro-Playfield.jpgMustangPro-Playfield.jpg mustangprem.jpgmustangprem.jpg
#48 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

My fault. I should not have committed to purchase based on a press release, and instead waited for a flyer. So next time when asked if I'm in on a game, I'll respond that I need to see the flyer first.

I sense sarcasm, but you shouldn't instantly pop on a game until the company itself clarifies more detials. has your pro shipped? If not, just cancel the order asap and end all this. Really simple.

Quoted from Rarehero:

lol for once we totally agree. Lots of pinball machines "block the ball". If they didn't block the ball they'd be an EM

Quoted from hank527:

Well Stern would have to absorb that cost, or come up with some system to allow the PRO owners to upgrade the tunes. - This would be a win/win if the system did not cost Stern a lot of money to develop.
Or have Stern tell us we need to raise $5K to give all pro owners the songs. We could start a kickstarter for that. I'd give up $ 20 - $ 30.00 We just need 200 - $25 donations

Don't mean to be a downer here, but I assure you they are not interested in your $20 for adding the songs

#49 10 years ago

Maybe a more realistic solution. Rather than asking stern to add the 4 songs just ask that they repeat the 4 songs already in the game for those modes. So each song works for 2 modes. In this case you would then be able to replace the songs for each mode with the browser as the code will already be there on when to play a set song.

This is assuming that they cut the song list for cost reasons (wont be added in) and that the code isn't there already to play songs and the sound file is just missing.

Seems to be a good compromise if adding the same songs isn't an option.

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Dude, relax!!!

Not so much disagreeing here but don't tell that to a WOF owner. Stern has gotten better but they still remove things and don't finish some items that were supposed to be there on some games. If this doesn't sell well they may do the same to it code wise as some of their other low sell games. This is why I have vowed to not buy any Pinball machine (no matter the manufacture) until I have played it and was OK with the game as it stood. Means I'll lose out on the next Tron LE if one ever comes as I wont be pre-ordering anything and will have to wait to pay merket value at the time but I'm more willing to absorb that risk then the other. I feel bad for the OP here as he thought it would have 8 when it sounds he ordered and it came with only the 4.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/open-complaint-about-mustang-i-want-the-8-songs-in-the-pro/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.