IMG_1135.JPG
IMG_1090.JPG
IMG_1088.jpg
IMG_1086.jpg
IMG_1057.JPG
IMG_1051.jpg
IMG_1048.JPG
#1 10 years ago

This deal took 5 months to pay dividends.
It is really dirty, but a gem underneath!
Playfield needs to be cleaned big time, I don't think the glass ever came off the game in the last 20 years.
Also came with an extra fully populated used play field, not sure what I'm going to do with that yet.

IMG_1036.JPGIMG_1036.JPG
IMG_1035.jpgIMG_1035.jpg
IMG_1046.JPGIMG_1046.JPG
IMG_1049.jpgIMG_1049.jpg
IMG_1054.JPGIMG_1054.JPG
IMG_1055.JPGIMG_1055.JPG
IMG_1056.JPGIMG_1056.JPG
IMG_1047.jpgIMG_1047.jpg

#2 10 years ago

IMG_1048.JPGIMG_1048.JPG

IMG_1051.jpgIMG_1051.jpg IMG_1057.JPGIMG_1057.JPG
#3 10 years ago

sweet...

i could use a TAF playfield.
let me know if you want to free up storing it

#4 10 years ago

Yea, I am just up the road from you in IL, if you need someone to "Store" that extra playfield in a machine I'd be more than happy to do it for you!! Seriously let me know I am near Naperville!!

Sweet pickup on the TAF, welcome to the club!! Proud 13+ year owner.

phil

#5 10 years ago

Nice score, man! You'll love it... just resist the urge to mule kick the coin door when your balls drain

#6 10 years ago

Looks very clean to me! Nice score! Great pin!

Mike

#7 10 years ago

Great game, congrats!

#8 10 years ago

Ill trade you a super shop job in exchange for the play field.

#9 10 years ago

Congratz, love seeing people get great Addams Family pins.

#10 10 years ago

Would like to see more of the top side, but man, that thing looks fantastic! None of the usual brown dust from smokers, cabinet looks ding free with no flipper wear, legs are shiny. Good score!

#11 10 years ago

Game is in incredible shape, great find

#12 10 years ago

Good job!!!

#13 10 years ago

It does look pretty damn nice. Is it an older "soft restore" or just a well kept original?

#14 10 years ago

Awesome, miss mine. Now get off Pinside and get those batteries off the board!

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

It does look pretty damn nice. Is it an older "soft restore" or just a well kept original?

Thanks
It was a one owner game, from a previous Williams employee. All original baby!

Just finished cleaning the bottom side of playfield yesterday, The subway ramp looks crystal clear after cleaning, all new coil sleeves and a few new stoppers and one EOS switch is all it really needed besides removal of the coil dust, everything else is looking cherry.

Top side gets torn down starting tomorrow.

Get to use my treasure cove kit for the first time.

I still have to watch the TC video, anyone have any tips?

#16 10 years ago

Mama mia, that's a nice-a Addams Famiglia.

#17 10 years ago

Top side torn down
Cleaned and used the TC kit on it, 2 coats of wax after
I'm done cleaning and re graining all the ramps, still need to clean the plastics and order new ramp flaps and plastic protectors, maybe ready to play by next weekend.

IMG_1088.jpgIMG_1088.jpg
IMG_1090.JPGIMG_1090.JPG
IMG_1086.jpgIMG_1086.jpg

#18 10 years ago

Looking even better than before, if that is possible!

1 week later
#19 10 years ago

Makes me want an addams family!

#20 10 years ago

I might be interested In the populated playfield if you are thinking of selling . By the way that is a sweet AF!

#21 10 years ago

That etc kit really makes the shine pop.

#22 10 years ago

Thanks for the comments guys!

What I did to it:

Striped topside
tumbled metal hardware
hand cleaned and polished all plastics
re grained the ramps
Treasure cove kit polished to a mirror finish
3 coats of wax
Magnet's are fuse protected now
New sleeves in all the coils, cleaned up any coil dust on the underside too.
New Glass
New Balls
Gold Roms
book case decal
thing box decal
back panel decal.
New Rubber throughout
Changed out all bulbs

It is back together and I played a few games on it but I can't call it done yet.

I am waiting on a few parts for this before I call this finished.

Still to do:
Add a spotlight or two.
Light the swap and chair scoop with leds for some color.
Colored Cliffy posts, and a few hole protectors will be added, along with plastic protectors.
My new ramp flaps came in this week, still have to replace those, along with installing new side rails.
Maybe call it done this weekend if I have time to tackle everything.
Absolutely stunning game and plays fantastic.

Not sure about pencil sharpeners or not yet.
I like the way it looks now

#23 10 years ago

Very nice TAF

#24 10 years ago

Don't forget the color dmd . It really is amazing in this game !

1 week later
#25 10 years ago

wowzers what a find!

#26 10 years ago

And how much did you get it for, Pinside wants to know?

#27 10 years ago

I can't tell......
more than I wanted to pay but less than its worth.

#28 10 years ago

Cliffys installed along with some colored posts an some custom instruction cards.
A big shout out and Thanks to my neighbor the next town over Wally! I could not have installed the new stainless flaps without your help! Thanks much!!!
Finished up some lighting mods tonight as well.

I think it looks pretty damn nice as is, I may add a few more small items here or there but I guess I can call this one done.... until the color dmd comes......
IMG_1148.jpgIMG_1148.jpgIMG_1143.jpgIMG_1143.jpgIMG_1142.JPGIMG_1142.JPGIMG_1141.JPGIMG_1141.JPGIMG_1140.JPGIMG_1140.JPGIMG_1139.JPGIMG_1139.JPGIMG_1132.JPGIMG_1132.JPGIMG_1135.JPGIMG_1135.JPG

#29 10 years ago

Love all the scoop lights! What did you tie the swamp's scoop and main light into?

(The cards look great, too! You've got a good printer.)

#30 10 years ago

Yeah I wouldn't mind putting scoop lights in mind.. How did you do that?

#31 10 years ago

Very well done!

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Love all the scoop lights! What did you tie the swamp's scoop and main light into?
(The cards look great, too! You've got a good printer.)

Its an epson inkjet, but does print photos reasonably well.
I think in this case the designer should take credit.

For anyone interested, Miguel351 did those cards
Your cards turned out really, really nice they look great installed.
Thank you sir!
Link to his thread and the file is here
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ftgh-custom-taf-apron-cards-4-different-sets#post-1451292

Scoop lights were easy,
I was inspired by Vid's thread here
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-lighted-flipper-buttons-for-418
I'll post some pic's of the underside soon.

Vault scoop is tied into the red and green vault lamp harness.
Red and Yellow chair scoop lights are tied into the red and yellow bulb socket inside the chair (just make sure you connect between the existing chair lamp and diode otherwise you will get funky lamp matrix issues. (ask how I know )
Swamp light is tied into the millions insert so it is not always on, (I did not want to tie this into the GI I wanted something a little more interactive, so now it flashes with the insert or remains light with the insert.

The swamp scoop is currently tied into the 5X graveyard insert, not sure if I am going to keep it there or rewire into the yellow chair light. Jury is still out until I have an opportunity to get into the game and learn more about how to play.

I also added a spot light on a spacer to lighten up the bookcase and upper rt playfield.

#33 10 years ago

Haha, you're too kind! But, thank you, I'm happy to help.

As for the swamp light, that's what I was figuring on doing, too: tying it into the "MIL" lights or the "5x Graveyard" light. Not sure if I'll like the flickering or not, though. I'm also pretty certain I can't use an incandescent bulb purely for electrical load reasons. I have a green coated bulb that'd work beautifully, I just don't think it'd be wise to double the load there. An incandescent would give the proper fading effect, though.

You may change your mind on the swamp scoop light in the future. After playing it for a while, you may decide to remove the Mansion Award Collect feature from that scoop to make the game slightly harder. It's a nice, easy way to remove a level of easiness to getting to Tour the Mansion. I did it a few weeks after I got my TAF.

I'm anxious to see where you put the LED's for the Vault scoop...

#34 10 years ago

Here are 2 pic's of how I tied led's into the vault lights.
There is a small spacer in-between the the sockets.

Just recrimped 3 pins for the conncetor and its now tied into the vault lights, pretty simple and cost me under 5 bucks to do, I really like the effect of lighted scoops, its a visual aid and makes the game pop!
image.jpegimage.jpeg
image-721.jpegimage-721.jpeg

#35 10 years ago

I moved the swamp light from the millions target and tied it into the lock light
The lock light, in my limited experience on this title is light a lot more than the millions target has been.

Question to other TAF owners

Do you have to hit the right loop shot perfectly?
I seem to have had a lot of clunky shots that dribble back down behind the bookcase instead of smoothly making the right loop.

Just wondering if I have to adjust the ball guide or if that is normal.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from gatordad:

Question to other TAF owners
Do you have to hit the right loop shot perfectly?
I seem to have had a lot of clunky shots that dribble back down behind the bookcase instead of smoothly making the right loop.
Just wondering if I have to adjust the ball guide or if that is normal.

Mine are always fine if I understand you right. You meant shooting the right loop from the flippers? Or is the bookcase needing shimmed/adjusted or ?

#37 10 years ago

Yes shooting right loop, the shot from the left flipper travels to the right of the bookcase and around the back and into the pops. I would expect more to flow smoothly around the back and into the pops but, (maybe I'm a bad shot) I seem to have more clunky shots rebounding off the ball guide into the vault rubber and come dribbling back down.

I'll double check the bookcase but I believe that is is level.

#38 10 years ago

You insanely lucky SOB! Change your thread to HUO TAF.

My fav of all time. If I couldn't own it, I would sell all the others, I love it that much. Despite having a restored one, I'm still jealous of your find.

If you ever sell, please contact me.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from gatordad:

Yes shooting right loop, the shot from the left flipper travels to the right of the bookcase and around the back and into the pops. I would expect more to flow smoothly around the back and into the pops but, (maybe I'm a bad shot) I seem to have more clunky shots rebounding off the ball guide into the vault rubber and come dribbling back down.
I'll double check the bookcase but I believe that is is level.

It should be smooth but maybe not an easy shot all the time either. If your bookcase is level, maybe you just need some more practice on it.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from gatordad:

I seem to have more clunky shots rebounding off the ball guide into the vault rubber and come dribbling back down.

That's exactly what mine was doing for a while. Then, I removed the last remaining shim and that leveled out the bookcase to the playfield perfectly. So, now everything runs real smooth through that area and the ball goes flying into the pops(when I aim correctly).

Your bookcase could either be too low or too high. Either way, those shims under the playfield will help immensely.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 159.00
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oooooh-its-a-nice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.