Topic Stats

• 112 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

McMean.jpg

There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 5 years ago

Thx for the heads up

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from domijr:

it's from a guy in red deer, says ask for bob

Stay away from Bob in Red Deer,his games are routed severe.
They need tons of attention,if he says his tech went through it,it's a load of crap.
I think he has used up potential buyers close by.

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

They need tons of attention,if he says his tech went through it,it's a load of crap.

Thx for the advice. i appreciate it

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from domijr:

Thx for the advice. i appreciate it

Nice heads up and intel pingod. That is what a forum community is all about!!

#55 5 years ago

anyone know anything about mira amusements? on the site, it says that they have tspp new, but i called them and he said it wasn't new and that he wanted 5000$ for it, completely shopped. I tried sending multiple emails to see pics but they don't reply to emails.

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from ritewhereiwant2b:

Nice heads up and intel pingod. That is what a forum community is all about!!

Just trying to save you guys some pain and suffering
I did buy a game from him,even the flipper brackets were broken
Tech went through it blah blah,I should have walked away.
It was a MM,so not a cheap game at the time.
Also really hard to see condition in his dark garage.

#57 5 years ago

Damn, i would not be happy, especially since it'll be my only pin, so i'll wanna play asap, not work on it right away.

#58 5 years ago

I did however score an Addams a Family plus $1500 for my average TOM. I also know a guy who got an AFM for three other pins. Good deals for both of us, but most of his are beat, I'd wanna see them in person. No shipping across the country that's for sure.

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

I did however score an Addams a Family plus $1500 for my average TOM. I also know a guy who got an AFM for three other pins. Good deals for both of us, but most of his are beat, I'd wanna see them in person. No shipping across the country that's for sure.

Hey Dave,come by and play some Stle
Sometimes he gets a good game on trade,but he wants way more than its worth.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Hey Dave,come by and play some Stle
Sometimes he gets a good game on trade,but he wants way more than its worth.

You bet! My Centaur is up and running too. I'll call ya next week when I'm back from the bush.

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from domijr:

anyone know anything about mira amusements? on the site, it says that they have tspp new, but i called them and he said it wasn't new and that he wanted 5000$ for it, completely shopped. I tried sending multiple emails to see pics but they don't reply to emails.

Last time I checked, their website was completely outdated. Don't know if it's still listed but I went to their store 2 years ago thinking I could get a TOTAN for 2700$. The owner told me he sold it 2 years before... TOTAN is now selling at around 7k. Welcome to the world of pinball!

That being said, there's hope. I managed to find a few nice titles in the last few months, all in Canada. You need to be patient and act quickly when "the" machine shows up (don't hesitate for "a few hundred bucks")...

#62 5 years ago

The Totan is still listed on the website. And ya, the guy even told me that the site was outdated. I don't understand why they don't update it.

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

I'm mostly a seller of new or demo pins, mostly Stern & I sold my WOZ LE. Unfortunately with the price increases from Stern in Canada. I have stopped buying pins to demo! My Stern sales were less than 20% in 2013, compared to 2012. So I only sell NIB Stern pins, & the Rolling Stones LE & X-Men Wolverine are probably staying with me for play. I'm almost 50 so my favorite pins are Bally 1978-1982.
Most of my local collectors I pass on info for people looking to buy. Most are not interested in selling any of their pins, but you never know unless you ask. I will help out with shipping, if anyone in my area needs help.

I know John is willing to help. He tracked down my Iron Man for me a couple of years ago from one of his friends. He even picked up the game packed it and shipped it from a terminal in Halifax to Winnipeg! Shipping was $109 from Halifax to Winnipeg. Thats CRAZY cheap! That is the ONE thing us Canadian's have cheaper then our American collector friends. If handled properly shipping in Canada is WAY cheaper. Keep up the good work John!

#64 5 years ago

It's nice having other pinheads help out. Sucks dealing with people that just care about the money and not the hobby.

#65 5 years ago

Here is a guy who seems to sell/broker/refurb machines:

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-other-75-PINBALL-MACHINES-CLEARANCE-SALE-W0QQAdIdZ556127925

He is out of Kingston. I have no experience with him, maybe others do? Anyways, he seems to keep a sizable inventory...

#66 5 years ago

i remember sending him an email a week or so ago, and he did reply to me with his list, i then questioned him some more and asked for pics and i haven't heard back since. His prices seemed pretty high also. I don't mind paying those prices if they're in great condition and HUO. But people are selling routed games for HUO prices.

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from domijr:

Forget Mira or Alouette in Montreal.
Your best bet is definetely with the Toronto pinball league members.You'll pay decent prices for very nice looking and playing machines.
Try to contact MWong.He's known as ''The Enabler'' and has found many deals for a lot of peoples!

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from Andre:

Forget Mira or Alouette in Montreal.
Your best bet is definetely with the Toronto pinball league members.You'll pay decent prices for very nice looking and playing machines.
Try to contact MWong.He's known as ''The Enabler'' and has found many deals for a lot of peoples!

Thanks, i sent him a pm

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from ritewhereiwant2b:

Here is a guy who seems to sell/broker/refurb machines:
http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-other-75-PINBALL-MACHINES-CLEARANCE-SALE-W0QQAdIdZ556127925
He is out of Kingston. I have no experience with him, maybe others do? Anyways, he seems to keep a sizable inventory...

stay away from this guy , bad news

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from luch:

stay away from this guy , bad news

lol, seems like everyone around here is bad news. i'm sure a lot of people around here has been ripped off. For this pin, i'd rather spend money and get something that doesn't need work right away. Would suck spending 5k and have to put more into it.

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from domijr:

lol, seems like everyone around here is bad news. i'm sure a lot of people around here has been ripped off. I don't mind paying very cheap and having to fix something, but for this pin, i'd rather spend money and get something that doesn't need work right away. Would suck spending 5k and have to put more into it.

Kingston aint cheap that's for sure ... and multiple members of maaca have had issues dealing with them (myself not included as I haven't dealt with them)

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from SquidVicious:

Kingston aint cheap that's for sure ... and multiple members of maaca have had issues dealing with them (myself not included as I haven't dealt with them)

ya, i don't know why i wrote cheap, hence why i edited my reply lol. I guess what i ment to say was that i don't mind buying a machine that needed a lil work if the price wasn't so high. For the prices that he's asking, the machines should be in great condition with no fade or work needed, and fully shopped.

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from Andre:

That would be me and yes I am known to "enable" and happy to say in 2013 I was responsible for 74 pins exchanging hands and exceeded my 2012 record of 65 pins. My favorite one was when I scored this nice documented single owner HUO LOTR LE for my good friend McMean while he was sleeping. Nothing like waking up to a text saying:

"Good morning, I just bought a game on your behalf now pay up"

I know he has been looking for one for years and this was one of the better deals I helped score for my friends. You can tell by the priceless expression on his face when my buddy Walt on the right picked it up from the seller and delivered it to him.

McMean.jpg

#74 5 years ago

Also stay away from Alouette in Montreal as I heard nothing but horror stories from friends that have bought from there. The same can be said about this Kingston seller who lists many premium titles to bait you in only to try and sell you something else that is over priced. It is best to deal with the network of local collectors or forums as we always look out for each other when it's a scam or machine that is misrepresented.

#75 5 years ago

Thanks mike, i'm avoiding those places

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

Also stay away from Alouette in Montreal as I heard nothing but horror stories from friends that have bought from there. The same can be said about this Kingston seller who lists many premium titles to bait you in only to try and sell you something else that is over priced. It is best to deal with the network of local collectors or forums as we always look out for each other when it's a scam or machine that is misrepresented.

Im moving forward with a STLE, but next time Im in the market, I will reach out to you Mwong. LOTR was actually number 1 on my list...

#77 5 years ago

Mira Amusement have horrible service , site soooo outdated and they never answer emails , buyed one time from Alouette , had a very good service with a machine in very good condition , but i visited their warehouse full of machines , but they were at 95 % all trashed...

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

Bobs prices are always out to lunch. You do better trading with him.

Not sure if trading is the answer either as he still wants a premium price with a trade - I found he will come down on the price when dealing with him in person and most of his games are in decent shape, but in general over priced as work will have to be done. But he also knows what he can sell the game for (and gets) usually more than what you can buy some for in the US. One has to remember that he is a dealer (used machines only) and is out to make some coin.

Did you try looking on http://www.maaca.org/ ?

Quoted from pingod:

I have noticed that is 'quality' has gone down hill over the last couple of years, but the games still seem to be cosmetically ok, but they do need work to work 'correctly'. His 'tech' seems to just pretty them up and make them 'playable' even if just.

#79 5 years ago

Yes..I have a thread started there. I sent all those dealer guys and everyone else emails. If i can see some pics, and things look decent, then i'll take a drive down, and talk him down from his ridiculous prices, if we don't make a deal, than we don't. I'm not going to overpay for something.

#80 5 years ago

I found a HUO TSPP I'm picking it up sometime this week. 4.5hr drive one way but it'll be worth it. I can't wait. Pics to come soon.

#81 5 years ago

alouette that shady?

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from domijr:

I found a HUO TSPP I'm picking it up sometime this week. 4.5hr drive one way but it'll be worth it. I can't wait. Pics to come soon.

In the usa?

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

That would be me and yes I am known to "enable" and happy to say in 2013 I was responsible for 74 pins exchanging hands and exceeded my 2012 record of 65 pins. My favorite one was when I scored this nice documented single owner HUO LOTR LE for my good friend McMean while he was sleeping. Nothing like waking up to a text saying:
"Good morning, I just bought a game on your behalf now pay up"
I know he has been looking for one for years and this was one of the better deals I helped score for my friends. You can tell by the priceless expression on his face when my buddy Walt on the right picked it up from the seller and delivered it to him.

I will keep your name on my list for my next deal hunt.

McMean.jpg 74 KB

#84 5 years ago

No, near toronto. I don't think it's up for sale. The guy sent me a msg saying that he would possibly part with his. He's getting it ready for me and i'm getting it this week sometime, Just waiting on a friend with a truck. It unfortunately doesn't fit in my 2dr jeep

#85 5 years ago

Well good to see your getting the game you wanted.

#86 5 years ago

i can't wait to get it

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from JackSlater:

alouette that shady?

I bought my first TAF from Alouette, actually off of e-bay ( year : early 2000s ) great shape, good price, but communication was difficult at best . . .

#88 5 years ago

glad for you domijr!

Hey fast, you got a great game from them for shure. TAF is always fun. Never gets old.

#89 5 years ago

Thanks so much, i'm very excited.

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from JackSlater:

glad for you domijr!
Hey fast, you got a great game from them for shure. TAF is always fun. Never gets old.

It was a really good game condition wise, but sold it years ago to pay the mortgage.

Even better, six or so months back I purchased a local survivor TAF in even better original shape from the original owner.

Its getting a tune and clean up along with LEDs and a few add ons.

allright . . .

#91 5 years ago

domijr . . . SO glad you are getting a TSPP! If you can only have one game then this is the one to have. I have 20+ pins, all A list, and I get tired of most of them. You will find PLENTY of things to do with a TSPP to keep your interest up. That and my LOTR LE and WOZ LE, don't get old while playing.

Do post pics or let us know if it is in great shape.
Mike in Kentucky, USA

#92 5 years ago

One more thing . . . someone from Canada please answer this. With our two borders so open and porous, can you not drive to a remote border crossing that doesn't have a "gate" with guards? Seems like there should be plenty of back roads to take where you could avoid having to pay the Custom and/or tax fees when bringing in a pin from the States. Not that I would do anything like that. Seriously, can you not drive some miles out of the way of the big crossing points, find a deserted road coming across, and then work your way back to some good highways and not go through Customs?
Mike in Kentucky, USA

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

One more thing . . . someone from Canada please answer this. With our two borders so open and porous, can you not drive to a remote border crossing that doesn't have a "gate" with guards? Seems like there should be plenty of back roads to take where you could avoid having to pay the Custom and/or tax fees when bringing in a pin from the States. Not that I would do anything like that. Seriously, can you not drive some miles out of the way of the big crossing points, find a deserted road coming across, and then work your way back to some good highways and not go through Customs?
Mike in Kentucky, USA

Why don't you give it a try
We will visit you in prison when you get caught.
Seriously not worth it to save a couple of bucks.

#94 5 years ago

Wow! You mean there are THAT many officials patrolling? All those thousands of miles of border? I remember living in Europe 50 + years ago when everyone had to show a passport at the border crossings, but you could always take a back road away from the main ones and never see 'officials'.

Wish I lived closer. You make me want to put a big empty box in my van and "slip across" just to see if I could do it!

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

domijr . . . SO glad you are getting a TSPP! If you can only have one game then this is the one to have. I have 20+ pins, all A list, and I get tired of most of them. You will find PLENTY of things to do with a TSPP to keep your interest up. That and my LOTR LE and WOZ LE, don't get old while playing.
Do post pics or let us know if it is in great shape.
Mike in Kentucky, USA

Thx, i'm happy i found one Just working out a way to get there. My buddy called me earlier and said he couldn't give me a ride anymore. I'm gonna go check some rental places tomorrow and see if i can rent a van.

#96 5 years ago

Glad you found your game. Those prices you quoted early in the thread seemed pretty out to lunch IMO.
Buying retail is not the way to go.
I appreciate that finding certain titles in Ontario, especially northern Ontario, may not be easy... these games do exist and are sold and traded regularly; you just never hear about them or get wind of the opportunity because it's all happening within the community.

Being an active and contributing member of the local pinball scene on sites like Pinball Revolution and MAACA will get you a lot further in my experience. It's definitely the 'long game' approach, but it'll open doors to games and opportunities that you'll never know about otherwise. I've seen most of those titles sell locally in the last year for easily 20%-30% less than those prices??? and from a collector's basement, where it's usually been looked after... not a retailer.

Enjoy the new game and remember to post often and get to know the local landscape and players, even if they are mostly 5-6 hours away. In my experience, importing games from the US is rarely more economical in the end compared to what they go for between collectors.

#97 5 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Glad you found your game. Those prices you quoted early in the thread seemed pretty out to lunch IMO.
Buying retail is not the way to go.
I appreciate that finding certain titles in Ontario, especially northern Ontario, may not be easy... these games do exist and are sold and traded regularly; you just never hear about them or get wind of the opportunity because it's all happening within the community.
Being an active and contributing member of the local pinball scene on sites like Pinball Revolution and MAACA will get you a lot further in my experience. It's definitely the 'long game' approach, but it'll open doors to games and opportunities that you'll never know about otherwise. I've seen most of those titles sell locally in the last year for easily 20%-30% less than those prices??? and from a collector's basement, where it's usually been looked after... not a retailer.
Enjoy the new game and remember to post often and get to know the local landscape and players, even if they are mostly 5-6 hours away. In my experience, importing games from the US is rarely more economical in the end compared to what they go for between collectors.

Oh ya, forums help a lot. If it wasn't for me joining Pinball Revolution, i highly doubt i would have ever found tspp, unless i got real lucky. I posted a wtb ad, and within a cpl days i had a pm stating that he might be willing to part with his. We then pm'd a bit back and forth, he sent pics, and now i just need to find a way to get there. Hopefully i can get a good deal on a van and head down on friday or saturday. I'll be posting some pics once i get it.

#98 5 years ago

I was suppose to go on the weekend to pick up TSPP, but a friend could no longer help me out, and it's also going to be raining and snowing during the weekend, so a truck wouldn't work well. I called around for a van but they all wanted to charge by the KM, except one rental place which was having a promotion. They have none available right now, but i have reserved one for monday morning. Can't wait

Pics to come

#99 5 years ago

Congrats..TSPP is an awesome machine. Makesure you look at tutorials to really get the depth of the machine and the modes.. If you are a Simpsons fan this thing will blow your mind.

#100 5 years ago

Congrats...I was looking for one for a while but finally ends up with a Shrek.
Pinball is a small world...so..we never know!

There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside