• 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by domijr
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

McMean.jpg
There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 10 years ago

hey guys, anyone have a good pinball machine for sale and can ship to ontario canada for a decent price? Seems like everything around me is way overpriced. I see many places saying they can ship from the US for 250$ but i just don't see any pinball machines that i like going for a decent price. I almost bought the simpsons pinball party for 4500 plus 300 for shipping, but the cabinet was scratches and faded.

The pins that i would like, would be something like.....

The getaway
Fish Tales
Simpsons Pinball Party
Adams Family
Theater of Magic
Tron
Metallica
Roadshow
Funhouse
Twilight Zone
White Water
Attack from Mars
Wirldwind
Junk yard
World Cup soccer

#2 10 years ago

postal code is p3a4r5, i'm north of toronto, thanks

#3 10 years ago

Buy localy
Don't forget the coast of shipping and customers fees
GLWYS

#4 10 years ago

Could also trying going to Allentown or York and bringing one back. Its a win-win as the shows are great and cheaper pin. If you get out into the community there are deals out there.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from powerslave:

Buy localy
Don't forget the coast of shipping and customers fees
GLWYS

I would love to buy locally, but the prices are thru the roof. 7k for twilight zone, 3-4k for getaway, 4k for FT, 9k for adams family........

It's much cheaper buying out of town and paying 300$ or so for shipping. Trust me, i wish i could buy locally. I did about 10 years ago, i bought high speed for 1400$. People around here are crazy with their prices on everything, i never buy from canada, i always order stuff.

Take a look at a few threads down and you'll see someone that also noticed that guy on kijiji. I seen those pins going for super cheap, i emailed them but never received a msg. Now the guy who bought them all are selling them with high prices. Sometimes i hate living in canada We pay too much for everything. And no, it's not the exchange rate.

#6 10 years ago

Oh the woes of being a Canadian pinhead. I feel your pain

#7 10 years ago

Good deals can be had. Just be patient. Your best bet if you are going to buy from the states is go down to NY and grab it yourself or have it shipped at a border terminal. You'll save on brokerage fees and you'll just have to pay the tax. But from experience buy local. As well, maybe check the B list games to start.

#8 10 years ago

Pinball will always be higher here in Canada then the US but some times it's not worth getting one from the US with shipping ,customs and the price of the machine ,years ago it was worth it but now not so much

#9 10 years ago

Pins are on kijiji or craigslist cheap. A couple days later they are back up with the new ridiculously high price. We should just ignore the BS and never mention it again after today.

#10 10 years ago

problem with kijiji, everytime there's one for sale at a good price, the sharks (resellers) are always on it in the first few minutes. few weeks later you see the same pin for sale at a ridiculous price, like mention above ^

and the other problem is the seller asking a ridiculous price because he saw one for sale at that price on e-bay.
or have no idea of what he's selling and think it's a rare machine because it's an EM and it must be worth a lot... or whatever.

i see game like 6MDM for sale at $2500, looking like crap and the guy say it's a deal...

but that's no news, i guess it's like that everywhere.

#11 10 years ago

For instance there is a space shuttle for sale in Ottawa for $1050, I've played it and it looks really nice. Was cleaned up nicely.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

Oh the woes of being a Canadian pinhead. I feel your pain

Hey, you could be an Aussie, these things are practically gold over there, and impossible to get.

#13 10 years ago

Patience - or depends how bad you want a title. They will always come around eventually.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Patience - or depends how bad you want a title. They will always come around eventually.

Used to be the case eve a couple years ago. Now you have to be ready to fork out big $$$ if it's something you want.

Glad to get in when I did.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Used to be the case eve a couple years ago. Now you have to be ready to fork out big $$$ if it's something you want.
Glad to get in when I did.

Big bucks or be able to repair some issues right? There are some always over the border in Michigan.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Big bucks or be able to repair some issues right? There are some always over the border in Michigan.

Still, even projects, I'm paying going rates for projects or machines with lots of issues now, based on condition. I never minded before, as I always went through stuff completely anyway, but I'm starting to slow down in my desire to get to the next machine to redo. STTNG and my TS are sitting in the back room, and I've got little desire to get at either, despite wanting to play them both.

#17 10 years ago

We don't have the inventory that the US has, but fair deals can be found, but you have to work at it...

Many times Ive gone out to look at something (guitars, drums, cymbols, etc) being sold on kijiji that is said to be "mint", "like new" "excellent shape" and when I visited I was underwhelmed. Id NEVER buy a pin (or anything else) sight unseen.

#18 10 years ago

wow, lots of replies, i've been on this site like crazy looking at all the threads except my own

Ya, the kijiji prices can get outta hand. I almost gave in and spent the 4800 on the simpsons pinball party from calgary but the guy said someone is going there and offering 4600$ for it. Me giving him 4800 was like giving him 4500$ cause of shipping, so i lost the game over 100$, but ah well. There's another one that i found but he's asking 5000$ plus 400$ shipping

I live in an apt so i don't have much room for many pins. I'm only gonna have one pin for now, so i want something that's pretty deep and has a good theme to it. I don't mind spending 5k, but i don't wanna over pay. I see the new sterns going for 5k, but those are the pro models, i think if i bought a new stern, i'd want an LE or premium. I'll eventually get one, but i can't see myself spending 8k right now on a pin, if i did, i'd probably go with the medieval madness LE.

I received a few msgs on here with offers, but unfortunately they're titles where i would want more than one machine.

There's another guy i found on pinballowners, which has three Funhouse machines, but he keeps saying that he has 20 machines in front of it, and that he'll get back to me later. The prices were 2200 for a bad one, 2800 for decent and 3500 for a good one. Also see fishtales going for 3500, but after shipping i'm looking at close to 4k, hurts seeing people say it's a 2k machine in threads here.

#19 10 years ago

I know what you mean been there done that won't go back lol but prices have gone up over the years and I think they always will years too come ,I had too pay over my head for a machine but I really wanted it so bad ,that happens

#20 10 years ago

Also having no luck finding pins in (southern) Ontario. Looking for LOTR, GNR, T2, Diner or DM.

#21 10 years ago

I am looking for a TOTAN and FT ,I might sell my G&R if I could find one of them

#22 10 years ago

Hey, no highjacking lol. I'm trying to find a pin, not help others find one

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from domijr:

Hey, no highjacking lol. I'm trying to find a pin, not help others find one

Conversation is good. Maybe you will hear of a pin someone else wants and you can pass on the info.
I understand wanting a pin based on depth. But at 5k spending, you will want to narrow down your search and knock off 4-5 from your list as they command more than that (not including shipping).

#24 10 years ago

If your looking for a new Stern shop around. My local area usually don't sell their A title's or newer Stern pins. I have sold my Stern demo's & the WOZ LE across Canada. I can ship pins Depot to Depot, coast to coast for $100-$200 with Day & Ross Transport. I'm a dealer for new pins.

#25 10 years ago

This is how we all know what's around and what's out there

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

If your looking for a new Stern shop around. My local area usually don't sell their A title's or newer Stern pins. I have sold my Stern demo's & the WOZ LE across Canada. I can ship pins Depot to Depot, coast to coast for $100-$200 with Day & Ross Transport. I'm a dealer for new pins.

Are you a dealer? What pins do you have?

#27 10 years ago

I'm mostly a seller of new or demo pins, mostly Stern & I sold my WOZ LE. Unfortunately with the price increases from Stern in Canada. I have stopped buying pins to demo! My Stern sales were less than 20% in 2013, compared to 2012. So I only sell NIB Stern pins, & the Rolling Stones LE & X-Men Wolverine are probably staying with me for play. I'm almost 50 so my favorite pins are Bally 1978-1982.

Most of my local collectors I pass on info for people looking to buy. Most are not interested in selling any of their pins, but you never know unless you ask. I will help out with shipping, if anyone in my area needs help.

#28 10 years ago

I was lucky to find an Olympic hockey pinball being sold a few hours away from me. I wanted the machine bad so crossed my fingers the seller was not lying about the "works fine condition". The pictures were few and showed the machine covered in dust and looked like it was just moved from storage somewhere. The playfield and plastics looked great so I took a chance and purchased for 650.00. Sure enough, plugged in and didn't work. I was lucky to get it going but lesson learned "works fine condition" actually means, "probably not". Anyhow I jumped at the price because most machines sold here are for a ridiculous amount. I hope one day I will be able to afford a "shadow" for less than 5 grand. Agree with most who suggest buy across the border. Big deal customs etc...still save 500 bucks or so depending on the machine.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from Jokercyclone:

Could also trying going to Allentown or York and bringing one back. Its a win-win as the shows are great and cheaper pin. If you get out into the community there are deals out there.

Hey joker what up! Happy new year buddy!

#30 10 years ago

What's more deflating is if you knew how many people are scouring kijiji hour after hour, everywhere, just waiting for a pin to be posted.

I'm glad I got what I got when I got it.

#31 10 years ago

just received another email with a bunch of pins for sale, but the prices are crazy.

addams family - 7k - project 4k
creature from the black lagoon - 5k
demolition man - 2600
fishtales 3500 or 2200 for a project
highspeed - 4k
hurricane "shuts off by itself?" - 2200
indianna jones - 7k
jurassic park - 3200
monopoly - 3700
revenge from mars - 4k
road show 3500 or 2700 unshopped
rocky and bullwinkle - 2800
roller coaster tycoon - 3200
Twilight zone - 7500
Tales of the Arabian nights - 7k
lord of the rings - 5800
star trek next gen - 6500 and a huo for 7500
star wars episode 1 - 3400
getaway - 3500
transformers - 5200
white water - 4300
world cup soccer - 4200 another for 3800 and another "original?" for 2700
junk yard - 4500
funhouse - 4k
whirlwind - 3400 or 2800 project

There were a few others

#32 10 years ago

I live near the border of Mi. There are quite a few decent deals in Michigan, I found 2 great ones ! I always go pick them up. Worst case scenario, you pay HST, but if its not that expensive, they let you go.

Its a 4 hour drive to border for you, but the right machine at the right price....I could always try to help you out, as I have made many friends over in Michigan pinheads now....

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from 1452spunky:

I live near the border of Mi. There are quite a few decent deals in Michigan, I found 2 great ones ! I always go pick them up. Worst case scenario, you pay HST, but if its not that expensive, they let you go.
Its a 4 hour drive to border for you, but the right machine at the right price....I could always try to help you out, as I have made many friends over in Michigan pinheads now....

Let me know what you find, and we can work out a deal.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from domijr:

just received another email with a bunch of pins for sale, but the prices are crazy.
addams family - 7k - project 4k
creature from the black lagoon - 5k
demolition man - 2600
fishtales 3500 or 2200 for a project
highspeed - 4k
hurricane "shuts off by itself?" - 2200
indianna jones - 7k
jurassic park - 3200
monopoly - 3700
revenge from mars - 4k
road show 3500 or 2700 unshopped
rocky and bullwinkle - 2800
roller coaster tycoon - 3200
Twilight zone - 7500
Tales of the Arabian nights - 7k
lord of the rings - 5800
star trek next gen - 6500 and a huo for 7500
star wars episode 1 - 3400
getaway - 3500
transformers - 5200
white water - 4300
world cup soccer - 4200 another for 3800 and another "original?" for 2700
junk yard - 4500
funhouse - 4k
whirlwind - 3400 or 2800 project
There were a few others

Is this the pinball exchange?

Some of those prices aren't too bad, but condition is obviously missing.

#35 10 years ago

not to hijack, but i'm looking for a Scared Stiff... if someone finds one for me, i would potentially sell one of these.

White Water
Water World
Williams Indiana Jones
The Getaway
Flintstones.
Tee'd Off
Gottlieb Strikes & Spares
Mario Andretti
Cyclone
Back To The Future
Time Machine.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Oh Btw. i'm in Waterloo,.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Is this the pinball exchange?
Some of those prices aren't too bad, but condition is obviously missing.

umm, i don't think so, it was a reply from kijiji. I sent a reply back for pictures on certain machines. I really want the simpsons pinball party since it's a deep game and i'll only have one for now. But it looks like i might have to get something like...funhouse, white water, getaway, fishtales, world cup soccer. Just waiting for the right deal to come up.

#37 10 years ago

There was someone around Christmas trying to post all kinds of bogus for sales or premium games, and responding in a way such as what you have. Be careful. The person always had a female name, and wanted the final transaction to be via a third party internet based company, if the conversation went that far.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from thunderstorm:

not to hijack, but i'm looking for a Scared Stiff...

I found one through macaa back in November. Good luck...

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

There was someone around Christmas trying to post all kinds of bogus for sales or premium games, and responding in a way such as what you have. Be careful. The person always had a female name, and wanted the final transaction to be via a third party internet based company, if the conversation went that far.

I don't think that's the case here, but if i do get to the transaction and they say for me to pay with a third party, i'll never do it. I'm pretty smart when it comes to buying online. I usually buy everything online since everything is so expensive around here.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from domijr:

I don't think that's the case here, but if i do get to the transaction and they say for me to pay with a third party, i'll never do it. I'm pretty smart when it comes to buying online. I usually buy everything online since everything is so expensive around here.

Yeah, just noting in case. It's fairly obvious to anyone. I'm guessing then this is from Chris from Starburst.

#41 10 years ago

it's from a guy in red deer, says ask for bob

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Hey joker what up! Happy new year buddy!

Happy New Year to you too.
If you try Maaca or Pinball Revolution or go to a few TOPL events and get out there, or put up want ads, machines will show up. I'm sure with the money you have a game your happy with will show up. There's already like ten guys here who know you want a game now.

#43 10 years ago

i posted a wanted add on pinball revolution also

#44 10 years ago

That's the way too do it

#45 10 years ago

You must of owned a machine says you have been on pinside nine years.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from Jokercyclone:

This is how I got my start. Then once you get a decent collection it can be easier to trade for other games.

#47 10 years ago

yup, i used to own high speed. I don't remember coming on here, but i guess i have When i googled pinball forums this site came up, i clicked register and it said my email was in use lol. This site is great, so many people on here, lots of posts, i'm learning lots

I blame this all on The pinball arcade for ps4, it got me back into it and now i want one bad.

#48 10 years ago

Bobs prices are always out to lunch. You do better trading with him.

#49 10 years ago

ya, he mentioned the trading thing, told me that whenever i wanted to return a game and trade if for another, that i could. But i need one first I sent him a msg for some pics but he hasn't replied back yet. I might throw him a few offers

#50 10 years ago

Be careful and also be prepared to put some work in his machines. If you want a high end title ask for it as he doesn't advertise those.

There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ontario-canada and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.