(Topic ID: 249943)

Onobtanium Bally Eight Ball Playfield and backglass...Why?

By b0bgagn0n

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by b0bgagn0n
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1560F77C-2F5F-4556-9C46-E35FD2D86A9B (resized).jpeg
D99F7F07-2805-4370-904A-35D2859F6094 (resized).jpeg
#1 4 years ago

I would love to restore my Eight Ball but it seems impossible to find the parts to do it...

Why there is no Repro Playfield and/or backglass available on the market?

I know CPR did a run of playfield at some point and Mayfair had some NOS backglasses... but it seems these are long gone and not available anymore.

Do you think Hardtop will ever have one for Eight Ball?

Anyone out there willing to sell me a playfield?

#2 4 years ago

cpr is re-running the playfields very soon. the cpr backglasses were printed from borrowed films and no longer exist, however, stu just created new artwork for the backglasses and they should be available very soon

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from b0bgagn0n:

I would love to restore my Eight Ball but it seems impossible to find the parts to do it...
Why there is no Repro Playfield and/or backglass available on the market?
I know CPR did a run of playfield at some point and Mayfair had some NOS backglasses... but it seems these are long gone and not available anymore.
Do you think Hardtop will ever have one for Eight Ball?
Anyone out there willing to sell me a playfield?

There was a CPR playfield at TPF last year for like $600 in the market area in the parking lot, maybe someone there picked it up.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Cherries_Jubilee:

cpr is re-running the playfields very soon. the cpr backglasses were printed from borrowed films and no longer exist, however, stu just created new artwork for the backglasses and they should be available very soon

#5 4 years ago

Possibly Bgresto for the backglass?

#6 4 years ago

Bg did one for me last year. Bout 3 months to receive. Very nice job!!

#7 4 years ago

I'll be watching this thread - I have a friend with an eight ball sitting in his garage with broken backglass.

Dumb question: Why are translites not more readily available as replacements - is it licensing issues, or is it because people prefer a backglass, or something else ?

#8 4 years ago

Translights are available:

ebay.com link: Bally Eight Ball Pinball Machine Translite

If you want a glass, you’ll need to go thru BGResto. I replaced a CPR glass with a BGResto piece and the colors and size are much better.

As for a playfield, I was lucky to come across one on eBay about 3 years ago. I just recently finished the restoration.

Good luck with your search! Despite making 20,000 Eight Balls, most are beat to crap. It’s nice having one represents the era appropriately.

1560F77C-2F5F-4556-9C46-E35FD2D86A9B (resized).jpeg1560F77C-2F5F-4556-9C46-E35FD2D86A9B (resized).jpegD99F7F07-2805-4370-904A-35D2859F6094 (resized).jpegD99F7F07-2805-4370-904A-35D2859F6094 (resized).jpeg
#9 4 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

Translights are available:
ebay.com link » Bally Eight Ball Pinball Machine Translite
If you want a glass, you’ll need to go thru BGResto. I replaced a CPR glass with a BGResto piece and the colors and size are much better.
As for a playfield, I was lucky to come across one on eBay about 3 years ago. I just recently finished the restoration.
Good luck with your search! Despite making 20,000 Eight Balls, most are beat to crap. It’s nice having one represents the era appropriately.[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow! Eight Ball and Volley side by side...My 2 favorite games!! Nice work!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Machine - For Sale
Tehachapi, CA
$ 99.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
1,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kalamazoo, MI
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 179.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/onobtanium-bally-eight-ball-playfield-and-backglasswhy?hl=joshpa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.