(Topic ID: 287577)

Only time for 1 expo, which one?

By SpyroFTW

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which pinball expo?”

• Midwest Gaming Classic 9 votes
      43%
    • Pinball Expo 8 votes
      38%
    • Other 4 votes
      19%

(21 votes)

#1 3 years ago

Do to life being life, my girlfriend and I will only have time to go to one pinball expo this year. This will actually be our first expo. So which one do we go to? We live in Kansas City, MO, and would prefer to drive (on the off chance we find a pin to buy). We have thinking either the Midwest Gaming Classic or the Pinball Expo. Any others we should consider in place of these? Again, only time for one expo. Thanks for any input!

#2 3 years ago

I feel your choices for 2021 will be very limited if any happen at all. For when they resume either of your choices are great ones. Can't go wrong. MWC if you aren't the competitive/tourney player but wish to play a vast variety of games pinball and arcade style. Expo if you want to get some tourney experience and play / watch the big guns go at it.

#3 3 years ago

I haven't been to Expo or MGC, but next year you should consider going to TPF in March. It's the best show of the year; 400+ pins on freeplay, lots of manufacturer/designer seminars, new pin reveals, food trucks, and hotels within walking distance of the show. Unfortunately TPF has been cancelled for 2021.

#4 3 years ago

Wait and hit TPF 2022. I have been to many of the shows and TPF is the best. Expo is great to experience at least once and allentown is cool for the vendor and flea market experience.

#5 3 years ago

Neither of the shows you posted have been confirmed yet. If you try to sign up for MGC, it says due to COVID, they are not accepting applications... Pinball Expo 2021 has not been announced at all. The info on the web is about the 2020 “virtual event” they did. It’s getting long enough into the year that they will need to announce soon if either of those events are canceled or are actually going to happen.

I know of a few gaming events (this summer) that have been announced and they are still planning to happen but, they are not pinball or arcade related, just video game or toy/comic related.

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Neither of the shows you posted have been confirmed yet. If you try to sign up for MGC, it says due to COVID, they are not accepting applications...

For 2021 only, MGC is in November instead of April. Nov 5th - 7th to be exact. I see the page you're referring to. I'd expect that it would be updated later this year, as it still refers to 2019 in the same page.

https://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/become-a-vendor/

"To be considered as a vendor for the 2019 event, please follow the application process outlined below."

#8 3 years ago

I am optimistic that they will happen later this year. I think a majority of people will be vaccinated and we will start returning to a semi normal life. Although, if the prices of JJP PoTC are any indication, I will have to sell a kidney to go to one of them.

#9 3 years ago

Pincinnati is fun.

First weekend of December 2021

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from floyd1977:

For 2021 only, MGC is in November instead of April. Nov 5th - 7th to be exact. I see the page you're referring to. I'd expect that it would be updated later this year, as it still refers to 2019 in the same page.
    "To be considered as a vendor for the 2019 event, please follow the application process outlined below."

And yes, I am a MGC cheerleader. I look forward to it and take a game every year. I missed seeing a lot of the familiar faces in 2020.

#11 3 years ago

So the shows that deferred to later in the year this year, are they going to revert back to their normal schedule in 2022, or revert back? Would be tough to do 2 shows that close together.

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

So the shows that deferred to later in the year this year, are they going to revert back to their normal schedule in 2022, or revert back? Would be tough to do 2 shows that close together.

That would be difficult. But unless they change the dates every year going forward, they would have to. It will be interesting to see how they deal with that.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from SpyroFTW:

That would be difficult. But unless they change the dates every year going forward, they would have to. It will be interesting to see how they deal with that.

I would hope the earlier shows would eventually move back. Would make it hard to make it to all the big shows if they are all in the fall.

#14 3 years ago

That’s news to me. Hope it actually happens. Had not seen any other mention of it on the internet.

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from floyd1977:

I understand and hope it happens. I was planning to be a vendor but if they don’t have the process even started, it makes me wonder if it’s going to actually take place.

The bigger question is will people want to bring their family to a show? I know, only time will tell.. I mean I want to go but I’m a nerd.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/only-time-for-1-expo-which-one and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.