(Topic ID: 276437)

Only room for one Pin .....which one (POLL)

By ant68

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Only room for one Pin .....which one (POLL) ”

• Jurassic Park Pro 130 votes
      73%
    • Ironman Vault 22 votes
      12%
    • Munsters Pro 7 votes
      4%
    • Starwars Pro 20 votes
      11%

(179 votes)

#1 3 years ago

Posting on behalf of a friend who has only room for one Pinball
    which would you pick ?

#2 3 years ago
    Quoted from ant68:

which would you pick ?

Wrong.
    There is always furniture you can sell to make more room.
    Beds are for quitters, a mattress will fit under a machine just fine.

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from ant68:

which would you pick ?

Personally I would rule out Munsters unless if you really like running through a game quick, the game is on the easier side, But quickly becomes a rinse and repeat cycle monster. It’s fun for sure, it’s better for location over home use in my opinion.

Unfortunately haven’t had any time on an Iron man. So picking between what I know and have had a lot of time on...

This puts me between JP and SW, both are great picks for a home, Jurassic park is a little bit deeper of a game so if you are going for last-ability, that would be my choice. However we do have a SW pro at the house that we just picked up last week, and the shots on the game feel amazing, speed demon all the way. Tons of mini-wizard modes and the stacking adds a good combo to the game, there is always something to be doing on SW. the same can be said about JP. Both amazing games, you won’t be disappointed

#4 3 years ago

Are these the only choices he gets?
    If set on a modern Stern I would rather have Deadpool.

#5 3 years ago

Yeah if he can choose a modern stern Deadpool or Iron Maiden. But out of those JP hands down.

#6 3 years ago

Well if those are the only choices I'd go with JP, if they can choose any pin then I'd go with Alice Coopers Nightmare hands down.

#7 3 years ago

I choose ‘other’ Option.

#8 3 years ago

All of those games are good. Pick the theme he likes best, look at the pinside recommendations, and MUST PLAY IT before he buys it to make sure it is truly agreeable to him.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Wrong.
    There is always furniture you can sell to make more room.
    Beds are for quitters, a mattress will fit under a machine just fine.

So true !!

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from MightyRipples:

Personally I would rule out Munsters unless if you really like running through a game quick, the game is on the easier side, But quickly becomes a rinse and repeat cycle monster. It’s fun for sure, it’s better for location over home use in my opinion.
    Unfortunately haven’t had any time on an Iron man. So picking between what I know and have had a lot of time on...
    This puts me between JP and SW, both are great picks for a home, Jurassic park is a little bit deeper of a game so if you are going for last-ability, that would be my choice. However we do have a SW pro at the house that we just picked up last week, and the shots on the game feel amazing, speed demon all the way. Tons of mini-wizard modes and the stacking adds a good combo to the game, there is always something to be doing on SW. the same can be said about JP. Both amazing games, you won’t be disappointed

Thank you for the advice !

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from Allgood:

All of those games are good. Pick the theme he likes best, look at the pinside recommendations, and MUST PLAY IT before he buys it to make sure it is truly agreeable to him.

Thank you

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Are these the only choices he gets?
    If set on a modern Stern I would rather have Deadpool.

Its the list of pins that interests him, but lets wait and see what is released on Thursday

#13 3 years ago

Get him to make a list of game features that he likes best. Then find the game that checks off the most boxed

Eg.
    Ramps, Vuk, multiball, spinner, pops, etc.

If one game has everything you’re looking for, then that’s the winner.

#14 3 years ago

I'd go jp. But if u like star wars stuff do that. The pro is a fast and fun machine.

#15 3 years ago

Jurassic Park pro

#16 3 years ago

Have owned all of those other than Munsters, and from that group, JP is the easy pick for me.

My other two choices for a one pin collection that would be slightly ahead of JP are MET or IMDN.

#17 3 years ago

I think if you're only going to have 1 pin you should

1) splurge for your grail game
    2) buy something thats easy to sell so you can quickly flip it for a new game

#18 3 years ago

ST LE

#19 3 years ago

Well it looks like JP is the leader of the pack by a mile.
    Should he spend the extra $$ and go for the premium ?

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from ant68:

In my opinion, it depends on how much he values the “wow” factor of the T. rex head, it is cool to show your friends that one time when they come over.

Gameplay wise, the games are identical. In fact, I prefer the flow of the pro because the T rex doesn’t fail/and or throw the ball in a random direction. The raptor pit is more mechanically intricate in the prem, but I think it flows better in the pro. A center shot feeds the control room so it acts as a mini ramp. It’s a really really cool and unique shot that the premium doesn’t have, just my personal opinion.

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

In my opinion, it depends on how much he values the “wow” factor of the T. rex head, it is cool to show your friends that one time when they come over.
    Gameplay wise, the games are identical. In fact, I prefer the flow of the pro because the T rex doesn’t fail/and or throw the ball in a random direction. The raptor pit is more mechanically intricate in the prem, but I think it flows better in the pro. A center shot feeds the control room so it acts as a mini ramp. It’s a really really cool and unique shot that the premium doesn’t have, just my personal opinion.

Ok thank you for your opinion
    I think in your last sentence did you mean to say that the "pro" doesn't have ?

#22 3 years ago

JP, slam dunk. Deep, wide & challenging enough to keep you exploring for years, with plenty of great payoff moments along the way.

Iron Man is great, but I wouldn't want it as my only pin.

Other two, pass.

#23 3 years ago

Take it from me, only having space for 1 game setup at a time is not a terrible thing, but your friend should be less focused on which title he wants, and more open to what’s being sold locally at a fair price.
    Buy it. Play it. Sell it for same/close to what you paid.
    Repeat.
    Don’t run down and get one, walk down and get them all!

#24 3 years ago

Raven

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from ant68:

I have a JPpremium and when my pinball friends come over to play they always say “this pin is worth the upgrade” and they own the pro version. The T-Rex toy is just cool and pair that with a shaker and now you feel like you’re battling a Dino. The raptor pit also adds a extra layer of fun, especially when you get to lock a ball in the raptor lock during multiball to get double jackpots. The spinning helicopter is cool not a big factor but it definitely helps the overall feel of the pin. Hopefully your friend gets his pin (whichever one)and loves it.

#26 3 years ago

Only room for 1 pin? How about a P3 with multiple games?

#27 3 years ago

IMDN premium.

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from Wildbill327:

I have a JPpremium and when my pinball friends come over to play they always say “this pin is worth the upgrade” and they own the pro version. The T-Rex toy is just cool and pair that with a shaker and now you feel like you’re battling a Dino. The raptor pit also adds a extra layer of fun, especially when you get to lock a ball in the raptor lock during multiball to get double jackpots. The spinning helicopter is cool not a big factor but it definitely helps the overall feel of the pin. Hopefully your friend gets his pin (whichever one)and loves it.

Thank you !

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chambahz:

Take it from me, only having space for 1 game setup at a time is not a terrible thing, but your friend should be less focused on which title he wants, and more open to what’s being sold locally at a fair price.
    Buy it. Play it. Sell it for same/close to what you paid.
    Repeat.
    Don’t run down and get one, walk down and get them all!

Thank you

#30 3 years ago

Considering where your located (down under) the only one pin to have would be AC/DC premium preferably a Lucy!!!! For those about to rock, We salute you!!!! That would be my desert island pin because Encore has eluded me ever since I bought it nib.

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from Deadlander:

Considering where your located (down under) the only one pin to have would be AC/DC premium preferably a Lucy!!!! For those about to rock, We salute you!!!! That would be my desert island pin because Encore has eluded me ever since I bought it nib.

Now your talking
    Cheers mate !

#32 3 years ago

If I could only have 1 pin...

1. STTNG
    2. Star Wars Premium/LE
    3. Ghostbusters Premium/LE
    4. X-MEN LE
    5. Spiderman

#34 3 years ago
    #35 3 years ago

Honest to god none of those.

If I had to, Iron Man.

#36 3 years ago

I would remove my bed . Place 2 pins proper distance apart and install a hammock between them . Next step remove dining room table . 2 pins adjacent, block up front legs to level glass . Add center fill block . One of these 2 should be " Diner " If you have large family get 2 widebody titles . Now that your priorities properly set you have plenty of space !

Shane

PS Raven or your choice stinker maybe bathroom .

#37 3 years ago

Alice Cooper is a great pin all the way round, kids and adults will love it!

#38 3 years ago

Avengers Premium.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/only-room-for-one-pin-which-one-poll-?hl=zaki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.