Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Chisox
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180427_160028 (resized).jpg

#1 5 years ago

Simple question. If you only had room for one pin what would it Be and why??

#2 5 years ago

Something like LoTR or TSPP or something deep so it would take a while to complete it.

#3 5 years ago

Stern Starwars

#4 5 years ago

AFMr LE. To me it’s as fun as pinball gets.

#5 5 years ago

Dialed In. I love the layout, lighting and code. Its so much fun

#6 5 years ago

That too.

#7 5 years ago

I was where you were... I chose twilight zone almost 4 years ago (need I say why?) choose what makes you happy and go from there.

#8 5 years ago

depends on the cash !

#10 5 years ago

I just feel like using that same amount of cash, you could get something that would last longer in a 1 pin collection.

#11 5 years ago

This.

20180427_160028 (resized).jpg20180427_160028 (resized).jpg

#12 5 years ago

I should mention I don’t want to take a huge loss and want to spend about 7 tops.

#13 5 years ago

Not only does the money factor in, but the frequency at which you’re going to play it help determine the depth/replayability you may need.

I put a ST Pro at my parents’ house. I play it about every 2 weeks. But when I go play it, I can play for over an hour and never get bored with it. I may have been able to put an even shallower game there, maybe a system 11, and experience the same result. If I were there every day, I may get bored with it.

Find a wide range of games you like, and find something you don’t think you’ll get bored with given how much you might play it and what you can afford.

#14 5 years ago

That's a tough one... But, Im already almost out of room at my house with just the three that I will have( I'm counting my Maiden Premium already). I plan on loaning the Rocky and Bullwinkle pinball I plan on buying to my father as he loves both pinball and Rocky and Bullwinkle... So that's a loophole... If I could only have one other... I'd go for scared stiff. I love Elvira... I really hope there is a third one made.. As I plan on having all three in my collection one day, and also both attack and revenge from mars. Really, just too many good pins out there. I'd store more at my fathers or even one of my brothers houses if I needed to.

#15 5 years ago

I don't agree with the " I only have one pin, so it has to be super deep" thing. When a pin is really deep and has long ball times, you don't really want to hit start all that often. It feels like a slog and a commitment every time. I prefer brutal games with high replayability. Something like Eight Ball Deluxe, Flash Gordon, Stars, or if you want something newer Iron Man are all games that have the "one more game" thing down in spades. Pins like these are addictive and they don't require a big time or energy commitment. If you play with other people, these games are much more fun because of the quick ball times and the intensity they provide. It's like mechanical crack, and that's how I've come to enjoy my games.

#16 5 years ago

Then Iron Maiden pro is a safe bet at 5700 for you. You could play it a ton and still get most of your money back. But you won't want to sell it from what I hear how it shoots plus awesome initial code.

#17 5 years ago

Move to a bigger place is only option once the pinball bug bites!

#18 5 years ago

In 1966, I was 15 years old and the target audience for the new Batman TV show. It was on twice a week and I never missed an episode. So for me, my only game is now Batman 66 Premium. It is just plain loads of lighthearted fun. The new code is great.

#19 5 years ago

You only have room for 1.............................................for now. Bug will bite - pinfection will set in and you will need to get more down the road to keep pinfection from spreading - there is no antibody for pinfection - you just need to learn to live with it.

Play a bunch of games on location and get what you like best now. You can sell down the road and get a different one - shop around and do your homework so you don't overpay to minimize the likely price drop when you sell.

#20 5 years ago

I tend to agree with elements of everyone’s Opions. I’m definitely not a lotr rings fan but the newer version ie woz appeals to me due to depth amazing light show and I also have a 5 year old daughter. I was exposed to Pinball at an early age and would like her to have that childhood memory as well. I had a road show it was my first pin. I got it because among a plethora of options at a nearby arcade, it was the one I kept putting money in. I not a country music fan either but the puns (kinda racist by today’s standards) were hysterical and so was the interactions between red and ted. Also my daughter only three at the time enjoyed plunging for me and had two plungers too! Anyways I hope my insight helps you guys steer me in the right direction. I usually don’t depend on others to form my own opions but I’m sure someone out there has had the similar dilemma and if I could learn from your experience it may save me a ton of heartache in the future. Keep the comments coming I really appreciate and read all of them.

#21 5 years ago

The notion that you’ll buy 1 machine and it will keep you happy for 20 years is silly. I have 12 and find I still want to rotate a few out and some new stuff in. Get a pin that catches your fancy, play it. If you get bored with it then sell it and get another.....on and on. Nothing will catch your interest indefinitely

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Dialed In. I love the layout, lighting and code. Its so much fun

Yep i actually cld see me having it as my only pin one day... its that good imo

#23 5 years ago

I agree with the folks who suggest a game with shorter ball times. World Cup Soccer is a great one if you have a young kid. It’s deep enough and challenging enough to keep you happy for a while. For your girl, she can get a ball put right on the flipper every plunger and shoot for goals. She will feel like she is having success. That would be one to strongly consider

#24 5 years ago

I’d build a trap door to a tunnel to a neighboring building where you keep your pinball collection.

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

I don't agree with the " I only have one pin, so it has to be super deep" thing. When a pin is really deep and has long ball times, you don't really want to hit start all that often. It feels like a slog and a commitment every time. I prefer brutal games with high replayability. Something like Eight Ball Deluxe, Flash Gordon, Stars, or if you want something newer Iron Man are all games that have the "one more game" thing down in spades. Pins like these are addictive and they don't require a big time or energy commitment. If you play with other people, these games are much more fun because of the quick ball times and the intensity they provide. It's like mechanical crack, and that's how I've come to enjoy my games.

That’s why I sold my TSPP. Everybody thought I was nuts because it was my grail pin, but the games were like a 20 minute comittment and I just got burnt out on the game. I also sold it to a buddy so I can play whenever I want.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/only-room-for-one-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.