(Topic ID: 107030)

Countdown to Freeplay Florida

By TecumsehPlissken

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-970.jpg
    image-306.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-287.jpg
    image-393.jpg
    image-943.jpg
    image-185.jpg
    image-88.jpg
    image.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

its just around the corner , not much longer now .......

#2 9 years ago

Yup looking forward to it

#3 9 years ago

Gonna be my very first show, Art at Comet is gonna be showing me around. Be nice to get out of the MN cold for a few days.

#4 9 years ago

weather is nice down here right now , should still be warmer here in November than it will be up there in MN. I'm looking forward to meeting pinsiders , playing lots & lots of pinball & doing some partying

#5 9 years ago

I'm also going to checkout Universal theme park and the race track, maybe go for a ride along.

#6 9 years ago

I'll be there with my husband. We'll be meeting up with Art at some point, but is there any word yet of a possible Pinsider meeting? We're in town the 15-22, so probably will just be at Free Play that Friday since it's a 10 hour trip and we've got to be home Sat afternoon.

#7 9 years ago

I haven't heard of one yet would be cool if we did have one , all I know so far is I have made a couple tentative plans to meet up with "Pork shop express" as well as "Mustang Paul" @ some point / btw I see your a mod on here & I was just thinking I should have titled this thread Countdown to Florida Freeplay or something like that ....is there a way to do that ?

#8 9 years ago

To bad its the week after we leave, went to southern pinball fest a couple years ago now its a week later, we have a time share there that is always the same week, its the first pinball show I went to and got me hooked playing pinball again and buying them.

#9 9 years ago

Go to your first post in this thread, click on edit, and you can then change the title to whatever you want. The original title will still show in the URL but it will change on the main page and everywhere else.

#10 9 years ago

Ok I will try that , Thanks "Blondetall"

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

I'll be there with my husband. We'll be meeting up with Art at some point, but is there any word yet of a possible Pinsider meeting? We're in town the 15-22, so probably will just be at Free Play that Friday since it's a 10 hour trip and we've got to be home Sat afternoon.

Yes we should have some kind of Pinsider meet up, that would really be fun.

2 weeks later
    #13 9 years ago

less than 2 weeks to go now

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

less than 2 weeks to go now

Some of us are still trying to get games ready for everyone to enjoy.

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from HFK:

and I much appreciate it too. This will be the biggest pinball event I have ever been to.

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from HFK:

Thanks much !!!!!!! & if I can help out moving stuff or Anything hit me up

#18 9 years ago

You guys won't be disappointed Great group of people putting it all together and a great group of volunteers. Also a lot of very cool people bringing out their games for everyone to enjoy (or just to see if they can run for 3 days straight ).

#19 9 years ago

Games list has been posted on their Facebook page they have 2 pages ,look for the one with the hotel address

#20 9 years ago

I'll post it here so people don't have to go to lower themselves by going on FB:

Genie
    Pinbot
    Diner
    Theater of Magic
    Joker Poker
    Paragon
    ACDC
    Spiderman (Pinball)
    EATPM
    Sorcerer
    Swords of Fury
    High Speed 2
    Monaco GP
    Circus Voltaire
    Joust
    The Simpsons
    Frogger
    Assault
    Roller Disco
    Toobin
    Defender
    Neo Geo Sammy
    Donkey Kong Jr
    Trog
    Ice Cold Beer
    Journey
    Alpine Ski
    Frontline
    Pacmania
    Satans Hollow
    Stargate
    Burgertime
    Star Wars Trilogy (Pinball)
    Neo Geo 6 Slot
    The Goonies Pinballl
    The Goonies Arcade Fire
    Hollywood Heat
    Spy Hunter
    Donkey Kong
    Bride of Pinbot
    Madonna Candy Cab
    Mario Widebody
    Data East Star Wars
    Star Wars Pin2k
    Top Card
    Gorgar
    Commando
    Atlantis
    Jack in the Box
    ACDC
    Trident
    Ice Cold Beer
    Metallic Premium
    Ms Pacman
    Road Show
    Star Trek : The Next Generation
    The Flintstones
    Gilligans Island
    Resident Evil 2 Bio Hazard
    Ice Cold Beer
    Meltdown
    Asteroids
    Battlezone
    New Astro City Candy
    New Astro City Candy
    Hook
    Sega JP The Lost World
    Stockade
    Air Aces
    Big Hit
    Bon Voyage
    Buccaneer
    Flip a Card
    Solar City
    Big Brave
    Triple Strikes
    Atomiswave SD Candy
    Baby Dino King Neo Geo
    Earthshaker
    Dirty Harry
    Junkyard
    WaterWorld
    Tetris
    TMNT
    TMNT in TIME
    Outrun
    Doctor Who
    Killer Instinct 2
    Naomi Universal (GGXX)
    Mad Planets
    Metallica Pro
    Omega Race
    Q-Bert
    Tron
    TFTC
    NBA Jam
    Xenon
    Total Carnage
    UMK3
    XMEN
    WH20
    Royal Flush
    Al's Garage Band World Tour
    Flash Gordon
    Atlantis
    Mousin Around
    Twister
    Avengers
    Space Riders
    Wizard of Oz
    Star Trek LE
    Doctor Who
    Nascar
    Phantom of the Opera
    Spectrum
    Bad Cats
    Rip Off
    Breakout
    Rollergames
    Eagle
    Pool Sharks
    Black Widow
    ZooKeeper
    Food Fight
    Night Driver Cockpit
    Tron
    Enviromental Discs of Tron
    Pacman
    Crossbow
    Punchout
    Circus Charlie
    Outrun 2 U/R
    Kickman
    Star Wars
    Donkey Kong
    Monkey Ball
    Donkey Kong Pauline
    Tron
    Three Stooges
    Fix it Felix
    Minecraft Arcade
    Naomi Universal (CVS2)
    Neo Geo Cabaret
    Moon Patrol
    Pengo
    Klax
    Track & Field
    Asteroids Deluxe
    Tapper
    Mata Hari
    Sinbad
    Baby Pac Man
    Donkey Kong
    Excalibur
    Crusin Exotica
    Galaga
    Galaga 88
    Gaplus
    A Nightmare on Elm Street
    Jungle King
    Ladybug
    Turbo
    Super Pac Man
    Rush The Rock
    Gilligans Island
    The Simpsons
    Party Zone
    300 Rapid Fire
    POTC
    LOTR
    Medieval Madness
    Return of the Jedi
    TSPP
    Dragons Lair
    Space Ace
    Triple Punch
    Tron Cocktail
    Escape from the Planet of Robot Monsters
    Paperboy
    Root Beer Tapper
    Major Havoc
    Twilight Zone
    Dracula
    TOTAN
    The Walking Dead
    The Walking Dead
    Iron Man VE
    Star Trek Pro
    Mustang
    Gorf
    Gyruss
    Xtension Arcade Cabinet (USFIV)
    Star Wars Trilogy
    Empire Strikes Back (Pinball!)
    Galaxian
    Crystal Castles
    Zaxxon
    Donkey Kong
    Missile Command
    Import Japan Space Invaders
    Baywatch
    Indiana Jones (Williams)
    Eight Ball Deluxe
    Black Knight
    Donkey Kong 3
    Pinball Pool
    Spiderman
    The Addams Family
    High Speed 2
    DK Cabaret
    America's Most Haunted
    Flash
    AF-TOR
    Black Knight
    Hercules (Worlds Biggest Pinball)

(Please note final list is subject to change)

#21 9 years ago

Yay! We're on the road now halfway to Florida. This looks like a great list!! Lots of things I havent ever seen before and want to play.

#22 9 years ago

My bag is packed and I'm ready to jet on down......well not untill Wed. that is.

#23 9 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Lots of things I havent ever seen before and want to play.

Right On! I see Swords of fury on there!! I'm looking forward to finally being able to say "Lionman"

#24 9 years ago

Tomorrow is the day. I have the games ready to go:

ACDC Premium (will have the PinballMikeD video mod installed)
    2001. Playing mean as usual.
    Jack in the Box. Tuned up and ready to go. Pops on hair trigger.

Might possibly throw another game in Don Bosworth's trailer.

#25 9 years ago

Thanks again John, I look forward to seeing you at the show.

#26 9 years ago

Please post pics or videos of anything new and interesting at the show.

#27 9 years ago

just got back from the show and wanted to thank ALL who put it together & made it happen , we had a Great time and loved meeting all the other Pinsider's we met there .... special thanks to whomever it was that brought SOF ,I have been dying to play that title and for me it lived up to the hype & anticipation , what a great game and the sound ! amazing , glad it was turned up really loud LionMan!!!!!!!

#28 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg
    image-88.jpgimage-88.jpg
    image-185.jpgimage-185.jpg

image-943.jpgimage-943.jpg
    image-393.jpgimage-393.jpg
    image-287.jpgimage-287.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg image-306.jpgimage-306.jpg image-970.jpgimage-970.jpg
    #29 9 years ago

I just got back from Florida today and had sooooo much fun at my first convention. Played almost every game there and met a lot of good people. Got to meet the famous blondtall( everyones fav. mod) too. Went to the 2 Universal theme parks for a day, went to IAAPA for a day and met Jersey Jack and got to see the 2nd Hobbit pf in person and talked with Gary Stern, saw some of the most bad ass new rides and games and actually got to play them too. Art was THE BEST host I could have ever hoped for, what a great guy. I hope to make it back next year. And oh yeah the Florida weather wasn't to hard to take either but coming back to the cold and white of Minnesota WAS though.

#30 9 years ago

Now Paul, you know good and well I dont actually exist. And Florida weather is only tolerable in November and/or if the rest of the country is frozen over. Otherwise it is melting hot.

It was good meeting you and hanging out with you and Art for dinner. I also saw HFK again and met Arcade, KingNine, and Tecumseh and girlfriend. Hopefully she'll join so we have one more girl on here.

#31 9 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Hopefully she'll join so we have one more girl on here.

she just did

#32 9 years ago

I had a great time there, meeting people and playing plenty of games. I put up the GC score on ballys gameshow ( great example) , and littered my initials all over the video games there including Monaco gp, gorf, galaga 88 , berzerk, stargate, defender, and a few others. Acdc and MET premiums where nice to play as well as 24, AMH, CV, tron, a tricked out party zone and plenty others. I had time to hand deliver a few custom shooters and running into a lot of my pinball friends. Art introduced me to mustang paul , and we had a great time talking pinball and everything fun. A great show and a big list of pins and vids to play.....next the APE show in feb ...cant wait

#33 9 years ago

Good weekend and good to see lots of people. Met a few new people including MustangPaul. Always nice seeing you blondetall.

Hopefully next time I can hang out with everyone for a bit.

#34 9 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Now Paul, you know good and well I dont actually exist. And Florida weather is only tolerable in November and/or if the rest of the country is frozen over. Otherwise it is melting hot.
    It was good meeting you and hanging out with you and Art for dinner. I also saw HFK again and met Arcade, KingNine, and Tecumseh and girlfriend. Hopefully she'll join so we have one more girl on here.

Well I could have sworn I met SOMEONE that answered to the name blondtall. I don't think I would want to live there I hate hot humid weather but then again 30 below zero aint no fun either. Great meet you and your husband also. I got home Monday afternoon just fine and buy Tue. morning (today) I was ready for work at 8am. I waited and waited for my boss to call and send someone to take me to get my work van (it was in being fixed) but he never called. So around 3:30 I called him and said "well do I still have a job" and he said "what do you mean you just got home didn't you". He thought I was coming home Tue. and would be ready for work Wed. morning. So I had an extra day of vacation because I didn't have to work today. He was a "little" pissed at himself for forgetting.

#35 9 years ago
    Quoted from HFK:

Met a few new people including MustangPaul

Great meeting you also.

#36 9 years ago
    Quoted from modfather:

Art introduced me to mustang paul , and we had a great time talking pinball and everything fun.

Great meeting you to Chuck and your wife.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/only-1-more-month-till-florida-freeplay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.