Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shit-hitting-the-fan.gif
party.gif

This topic is closed.

There are 103 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 10 years ago

On ebay. Any takers?

#2 10 years ago

For $7200 sure...oh that's not the price ?

#3 10 years ago

The pro looks to be as good a game, but at a much lower price.

No thanks. Hope the investment works out for you, though..

#4 10 years ago

Its not mine.

#5 10 years ago

Really great thread, OP.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

The pro looks to be as good a game, but at a much lower price.
No thanks. Hope the investment works out for you, though..

I wonder where the final price on this sucker is going to be a year from now. I really wanted one but missed it on the first day when it sold out (thanks distributor) and then got such a bad taste in my mouth when talking to other distributors and the flippers that I just refused to let someone profit $1,800 off me that I passed.

The game certainly looks good and early video looks great. I am a fan of the band as well, but I am guessing a lot of people who get the game will discover they are less fans of the band than they thought they were (the metal will chase it out of many homes I believe, it is different from AC/DC).

I really have no idea where the value of this game will end up; I can see it go many different directions. I do hope it is a monster commercial success for Stern so Stern sees we like quality like metal ramps.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

. I do hope it is a monster commercial success for Stern so Stern sees we like quality like metal ramps.

Ya,Metal Ramps,lots of Custom made toys,custom Art,...

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from JeanJean1968Jean:

Ya,Metal Ramps,lots of Custom made toys,custom Art,...

Big plus one on the custom art. I know that is a big expense for Stern but it sure is nice to have. I really dislike the pictures of actors on a machine. I decided I could live with it on my Tron, but hand drawn art is really important to me.

#9 10 years ago

If your gonna get a Metallica you might as well get the best... MoPLE all the way!

I finally got to see and play a Pro in person this weekend and its awesome and IS definitely going to be a hit! I originally liked the Pro cabinet but in person I was a little disappointed. It is definitely a little more cartoonish or has too much of that comic book look to it for me.

The LE cabinet definitely fits the theme best and with the added toys and features... Sweet!

Don't even think about the Road Case, blah!

Ok, now that I am done with my opinion everyone is free to hammer on my assessment because it has to be motivated by money, right? I already know what some of you will say, big deal! The bottom line is that its 100% true IMO...

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Big plus one on the custom art. I know that is a big expense for Stern but it sure is nice to have. I really dislike the pictures of actors on a machine. I decided I could live with it on my Tron, but hand drawn art is really important to me.

Ya i get you man,like a picture of Arnold (last action here)

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

If your gonna get a Metallica you might as well get the best... MoPLE all the way!
I finally got to see and play a Pro in person this weekend and its awesome and IS definitely going to be a hit! I originally liked the Pro cabinet but in person I was a little disappointed. It is definitely a little more cartoonish or has too much of that comic book look to it for me.
The LE cabinet definitely fits the theme best and with the added toys and features... Sweet!
Don't even think about the Road Case, blah!
Ok, now that I am done with my opinion everyone is free to hammer on my assessment because it has to be motivated by money, right? I already know what some of you will say, big deal! The bottom line is that its 100% true IMO...

I agree with you on the pro cabinet. I just don't see the masses being attracted enough to buy it though. I think the ST pro will do much, much better.

#12 10 years ago

The Pro cabinet blows! And having it on one of the Premiums makes it worse. Road Case with different translite for me if I even bother to get one.

So much complaining about Photoshopping art with Stern, where as in this case some simple album art photo shopped onto the cabinet and/or translite would have been perfect for this title. The road case is the closest thing to this, just wish they would have used Ride the Lighting somehow...

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

I agree with you on the pro cabinet. I just don't see the masses being attracted enough to buy it

Quoted from turbo20lbs:

The Pro cabinet blows!

You guys have read the posts right?? Has to be one of the best selling pros in a long time. Everyone is buying them.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

You guys have read the posts right?? Has to be one of the best selling pros in a long time. Everyone is buying them.

Is that supposed to change their opinion of the art on its cabinet?

#15 10 years ago

Ok Teekee, step one is admitting you have a problem. Congrats!

Now onto step two!

Rick. "I'm gonna have me some fun." #190

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

I just don't see the masses being attracted

Maybe not but the masses seem to be going the other direction. Thats what I meant to say.

#17 10 years ago

This thread is old, now where is that Star Trek LE thread?

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from jruddr:

On craigslist. Any takers?

Only one left on eBay too - the one Automated had up on ebay sold - but I am sure they have more at Automated.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Has to be one of the best selling pros in a long time. Everyone is buying them.

This has to be Stern's best 'out of the gate' Pro (possibly) ever! Nice quality, looks terrific, fun as hell to play and very challenging, etc. Great job Stern! And to think... A theme like Metallica? Why would Stern do a theme like this? Nothing exciting here. They proved me wrong!

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I wonder where the final price on this sucker is going to be a year from now. I really wanted one but missed it on the first day when it sold out (thanks distributor)

This is the distributor's fault? Hmmmmm.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Could not agree with you more. To play a game with pictures instead of art work is a cheap look.
Just don't like it.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

This is the distributor's fault? Hmmmmm.

Yes it is. I've mentioned this before without going into the details but I told him a week before I wanted in on the game, he said okay and that he would give me the price when it came out, when it came out he didn't give me a price and said he was sold out immediately . . . but said I was "first on his list if one opens up".

He now has one up for sale on his website: "call for price". I've only bought one machine from him in the past year but I've sent a ton of business his way . . . won't be doing that again (I had my assistant call, $11,000 is his asking price). Safe to say I'm done with that dude if he is going to value a mark up over my business and good will . . . a horrible way for him to do business.

#23 10 years ago

Obviously 4k is the value of goodwill ; )

#24 10 years ago

I meant ebay in my original post. Lol....dont know why i typed craigslist.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from jruddr:

I meant ebay in my original post. Lol....dont know why i typed craigslist.

Old news. It's mine. It's just sitting there collecting dust

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-metallica-mople-price-gouging-set-on-ebay

#26 10 years ago

I am amazed you think this game is wonderful, especially teekee's take on it. I was bored out of my mind, what a pathetic game.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from NathanP:

I am amazed you think this game is wonderful, especially teekee's take on it. I was bored out of my mind, what a pathetic game.

You are seriously in the extreme minority. I mean I know some who think its just ok so far or find it nothing more than pretty decent but to call it pathetic? Bored out of your mind? Really? There must be more to your story...

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from NathanP:

Wow really? You have to remember that the code is no where near done on the game yet. I would say at bets it is 20% done

#29 10 years ago

Whatever dudes, the game is a ten, check my ratings.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Whatever dudes, the game is a ten, check my ratings.

That's awesome! I love the write up too.

#31 10 years ago

Hope that sells quick on Ebay because when I lower my rankings its going to take a 3K hit.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yes it is. I've mentioned this before without going into the details but I told him a week before I wanted in on the game, he said okay and that he would give me the price when it came out, when it came out he didn't give me a price and said he was sold out immediately . . . but said I was "first on his list if one opens up".
He now has one up for sale on his website: "call for price". I've only bought one machine from him in the past year but I've sent a ton of business his way . . . won't be doing that again (I had my assistant call, $11,000 is his asking price). Safe to say I'm done with that dude if he is going to value a mark up over my business and good will . . . a horrible way for him to do business.

Understand now. Thought maybe you simply did not get in early enough, but if he has one at a high price now, and he told you earlier you were "next", I see your point. Dirty distributor, if that's the full story. "Next distributor, please".

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

Understand now. Thought maybe you simply did not get in early enough, but if he has one at a high price now, and he told you earlier you were "next", I see your point. Dirty distributor, if that's the full story. "Next distributor, please".

Yep; the funny thing is I have bought 4 NIB's during my life time . . . and each time from a different distributor.

Doctor Who: The only Louisiana pinball distributor I know of to ever exist. New Orleans Amusements I think was their name. Company went out of business sometime in the late 90's.

Family Guy: Bought it from JJP; no longer a Stern distributor - though I had zero issues with Jack and would have no problem buying from him again in the future. I did have a funny transaction with some Invisiglass I ordered but I think that was more my fault than Jack's fault.

Tron LE: This is my "friend" I had the Metallica issue with . . . done with that guy. Don't care that he is local with a brick and mortar store I can go to.

X-Men LE: Bought from JJ, no issues. The X-Men transaction went fine and he followed up with me after I had the machine. He never got me a price on Metallica either but I didn't ask him to and he was out of town (plus, I was planning to go with the more local guy on that transaction anyway and didn't contact Gex till I realized I was hosed by the local guy). Everyone who dealt with JJ on Met had a good experience; zero complaints and he honored his orders and if he held a few back at least he has the decency not to try to sell them now pre-release for a mark up. When I called his store (about five days late) his guys didn't try to put me on to some flipper or anything sleazy, they were just out and I was just late . . . so I have no issue with JJ and would do business with him the future.

#34 10 years ago

Agreed Tiger, GEX is top notch! A few of the other smaller distributors on pinside seem pretty solid too.

#35 10 years ago

+1 JJ at GEX is top notch!

#36 10 years ago

ahh you guys make me blush

Sorry Tigerlaw.. =( I was caught off guard and barely kept up during that time.. Seam to have missed a few pms and emails while lost at sea!

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Sorry Tigerlaw.. =( I was caught off guard and barely kept up during that time.. Seam to have missed a few pms and emails while lost at sea!

Dont want to speak for Tiger here, but if you have 2 spare StarTrekLE's to sell us both at cost all will be forgiven.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

You have nothing to be sorry about. Your company came out of the entire METLE situation with dignity. You guys had no shenanigans; I was the dumbass who didn't go with you all. Next time we chat I'll tell you about some of the crap I went through calling various distros trying to get in on the game after my local guy let me down. I think you'll be surprised.

I had to show some of the other local pinsiders some of my text message chains I had going with various people (distros and their front men) . . . there was so much BS going on with that game it was outrageous and, as I said earlier in this thread, I just decided to skip the game entirely rather than let someone make a mark up on me on a game that hadn't been released yet even though I really wanted the game.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Dont want to speak for Tiger here, but if you have 2 spare StarTrekLE's to sell us both at cost all will be forgiven.

That's a good point. Yes, you have much to be sorry for JJ and much to make up for with Centerflank and I. Only one way to solve it; discounted ST LE's.

Actually, I'm a bit concerned about the artwork on the ST LE. I'm worried it is going to have the actors faces all over it and no real hand drawn art. I suppose time will tell; we still have a ways to go before that one is released.

2 weeks later
#40 10 years ago

I used the same distributor to buy my third NIB pinball, Metallica LE. After two months of communicating about ac/dc and other issues, turns out I am not getting one. I have the invoice, which he now claims is not an invoice but merely an order. It is the document he sent me when I asked for an invoice on April 11th, and it looks like an invoice LOL. It's the same thing and same way I ordered and paid for XM LE and AC/DC premium. I was given the choice of buying a premium or a pro or sending my check back. I ordered day one in the first five minutes. You guys know who my distributor is, but I am not going to mention a name. It does turn out that the guy y'all, and me, thought was in charge is not. It's his Dad. He makes the final decisions. If you order from the son, Dad could trump it. Best to go straight to the boss man if you are going to keep going that route.

This cost me, what? I mean if I go out and buy one now, 10k? so 2800 or so? only pinball though.

I was bitter for about 20 minutes then read some post in another thread about "So sorry you are not getting your 46th pin", which puts it in perspective. I like the art on Dirty Donny better and was a bit hesitant when they announced that one. That's the way I'll go now.

I decided to go with Trent from now on. At least he is the boss and the actual go-to guy. For those that don't know he runs Tilt Amusements and is one of Stern's larger distributors. He is also a player and a nice guy.

He could have told me back in April, right? c'est la vie I suppose

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

I used the same distributor to buy my third NIB pinball, Metallica LE. After two months of communicating about ac/dc and other issues, turns out I am not getting one. I have the invoice, which he now claims is not an invoice but merely an order. It is the document he sent me when I asked for an invoice on April 11th, and it looks like an invoice LOL. It's the same thing and same way I ordered and paid for XM LE and AC/DC premium. I was given the choice of buying a premium or a pro or sending my check back. I ordered day one in the first five minutes. You guys know who my distributor is, but I am not going to mention a name. It does turn out that the guy y'all, and me, thought was in charge is not. It's his Dad. He makes the final decisions. If you order from the son, Dad could trump it. Best to go straight to the boss man if you are going to keep going that route.
This cost me, what? I mean if I go out and buy one now, 10k? so 2800 or so? only pinball though.
I was bitter for about 20 minutes then read some post in another thread about "So sorry you are not getting your 46th pin", which puts it in perspective. I like the art on Dirty Donny better and was a bit hesitant when they announced that one. That's the way I'll go now.
I decided to go with Trent from now on. At least he is the boss and the actual go-to guy. For those that don't know he runs Tilt Amusements and is one of Stern's larger distributors. He is also a player and a nice guy.
He could have told me back in April, right? c'est la vie I suppose

Rommy You have neither an Order an Inovice nor did you order at any time that we can find. And we have looked HARD. What you have is what about 300 other people have which is our Online Shopping Cart Price. It Dosn't have your name Or any other of your details on it to list it as your order.

Here is the Email Sent you about 45 Min ago
"You asked for an invoice on 5/28. You asked us for a price before that, which is what you received as the attachment. I understand your frustration if I had a machine I would take care of you, but we have no record of an order nor when you asked us to write one up for you until 4/19 when it was long sold out. At that time you told me you had talked to Rich. These games sold out in 2:37 from time of announcement. We fulfilled every order we had written at that time. But we were unable to take any orders on that. We were the only us distbutor that didn't have to cancel anyone's order.

I wish we could have taken care of you, but simply we don't have any games to do so. Rich and I have reviewed every email and text that we had from you, and no where on 4/11 or before do you say you want a game. You ask a lot of questions but didn't commit to a game. You can ask anyone who has done business with us. If you ask for a price via email you get a online shopping cart pricing sheet. Then you say ok I want it. And we then send you a copy of your order.

Basically this is like going to amazon and putting it your cart but then never clicking process my order, no order was officially made. You are upset because I didn't know you didn't submit your order and still said send your money, this was because you told me you had an invoice from Rich. As I have explained we had many group buys on this so I figured if you had an invoice you were part of one of those group buys.. I sorry that you did not understand that you were only sent pricing, but I cannot give you what I don't have which is any more MOP's. As I said I would give you a hell of a deal on a pro or Prem, but I cannot take an order for a game I don't have."

Sorry But you didnt Convey you wanted a game, and no where on any email you have re sent us from 4/11 or before did you order.. You Asked many questions but you never said ok I will take one. In fact on 5/28 you sent me a message saying Hey can you send me an Invoice, I said sure let me look it up.. 2 hours later you send me a message saying HEY I FOUND IT!! never mind. So Not sure how I miss led you in any way. I'm Sorry that you feel Screwed, but we had never committed to a game for you, because you never ordered one.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

"So sorry you are not getting your 46th pin"

Only a jackass would say something like that.

#43 10 years ago

I might say something like that. And I'm definitely a jackass. But yeah, not feeling the #firstworldproblems of someone with 45 pins. Probably a whole lot of things in that person's life (which could have gone either way) went well for them to end up owning 45 huge, expensive toys. Can't win 'em all.

I feel extremely lucky to have a collection less than a quarter that size. Life is good.

#44 10 years ago

We are jackasses!

#45 10 years ago

I am happy with my lineup!

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

I am happy with my lineup!

Hollywood Heat & Hardbody?? The Dream Team!!

#47 10 years ago

Whether you have 2 pins or 30+ , the anticipation of the next one is the same!

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

And Spring Break!

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Quoted from Gexchange:

And Spring Break!

Just add in Roy Clark & Night Moves cocktail tables and we have ourselves a party!

party.gifparty.gif

#50 10 years ago

Oh my goodness, Gexchange is one of the Good Dealers.Why dump on a friend of the Pinsiders ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 149.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 25.50
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 26.50
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

There are 103 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/only-1-metle-left and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.