Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 88 days ago by majorrager
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which of the following games do you have that you'd be willing to set up for a tournament?”

• Iron Maiden Premium/LE 6 votes
    13%
  • Iron Man 7 votes
    15%
  • Dialed In 3 votes
    6%
  • Twilight Zone 3 votes
    6%
  • Tales of the Arabian Nights 5 votes
    11%
  • Star Trek the Next Generation 7 votes
    15%
  • Shadow 3 votes
    6%
  • Pinball Magic 4 votes
    9%
  • Demolition Man 6 votes
    13%
  • Gladiators 1 vote
    2%
  • Genie 2 votes
    4%

(Multiple choice - 47 votes by 30 Pinsiders)

#1 3 months ago

Hey everyone, I'm hoping to set up an online tournament over zoom, likely for next friday (April 17). I have a friend who showed me how he uses multiple cameras over zoom, so this could be a lot of fun.

You'd need the following to participate:

1. The game we choose to play
2. A web cam (laptop is fine) and phone (or second web cam)
3. A way to set up one of the cameras/phone above your game
4. Beer

I'm game for an entry fee (10 bucks or something) that goes toward prizes. We can send the cash to me or someone else. I think we'd have to buy an account to stream for this long, but it's only 20 bucks.
I live in Mountain Time, so we'll have to keep the time in mind as well. I can play earlier for the east coasters.

We can figure out the logistics after we have a group that wants to go ahead.

If you're interested, please choose the games you have from the poll and post below with your list.

#2 3 months ago

I’m down. Just don’t have any of those games. Sorry!

#3 3 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haha, damn!

#4 3 months ago

Bump for the day crowd.

#6 3 months ago

Might have better luck just announcing a tournament for Game X, and invite any owners to participate at that date/time.

#7 3 months ago

I could do Jurassic Park Pro if that becomes an option.

#8 3 months ago

awesome idea. My wife actually has a full zoom account, so I could possibly host. STTNG here.
PST time zone here

#9 3 months ago

Remember you need the full zoom or it caps meetings off at 40 minutes

#10 3 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Same here.

#11 3 months ago
Quoted from frolic:

Might have better luck just announcing a tournament for Game X, and invite any owners to participate at that date/time.

Yeah, I thought about that, but I didn't want to clog up each game's thread with my posts, replies and discussion about it. Maybe I'll post in each one directing them here.

STTNG would be a crazy-assed tournament, considering how much that game can bend you over. We'd also have to make sure no one has the extended outlanes...

#12 3 months ago
Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

awesome idea. My wife actually has a full zoom account, so I could possibly host. STTNG here.
PST time zone here

Awesome!

#13 3 months ago

I'm down for IM but have no way to mount a camera above my game.

#14 3 months ago
Quoted from maffewl:

I'm down for IM but have no way to mount a camera above my game.

That opens up a good discussion. What are some ghetto ways to mount a phone above a game?

1. Tack two string loops to the ceiling?
2. Some sort of gummy adhesive to the ceiling?
3. Buddy/wife/child stands on a chair?
4. Broomstick (or two) taped to chair with phone taped in place?

LOL. Just throwing out ideas. I'm luck as I have a bunch of photography/videography equipment.

#15 3 months ago

I'll do TZ if I can get the camera stuff down beforehand

#16 3 months ago

I could possibly be in for IMDN and Demo Man. How are you setting this up? Is everyone resetting their machines to factory default or something?

Edit - I only have IMDN Pro, didn’t notice it was for Prem/LE.

#17 3 months ago

I'm in for maiden!

#18 3 months ago

dont have any of those games either, shucks

#20 3 months ago

I'm interested I have Totan and Demo Man

#21 3 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

That opens up a good discussion. What are some ghetto ways to mount a phone above a game?
1. Tack two string loops to the ceiling?
2. Some sort of gummy adhesive to the ceiling?
3. Buddy/wife/child stands on a chair?
4. Broomstick (or two) taped to chair with phone taped in place?
LOL. Just throwing out ideas. I'm luck as I have a bunch of photography/videography equipment.

I did tape my phone to ceiling beams before when I wanted to take a short film of a pin I sold....crazy, but not too crazy.

#22 3 months ago

I'd be willing to do Maiden or Iron Man which are the only games we have in common. That said Friday nights may be problematic for some people that do this because that is when Deadflip does a similar stream. For me the money/prizes wouldn't be a big draw because it would complicate the logistics and give an incentive for cheating, which would be easy to do with this kind of format.

#23 3 months ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I'd be willing to do Maiden or Iron Man which are the only games we have in common. That said Friday nights may be problematic for some people that do this because that is when Deadflip does a similar stream. For me the money/prizes wouldn't be a big draw because it would complicate the logistics and give an incentive for cheating, which would be easy to do with this kind of format.

I don't see the tournament being that big, so if someone really wants to cheat for my $10 donation, I'm not going to lose sleep over it. I would argue that most pinheads are pretty honest people.

We can definitely change the date. It can be any day of the week for me. I usually have my in-person tournments on Fridays, which is why I chose Friday

Quoted from djreddog:

I could possibly be in for IMDN and Demo Man. How are you setting this up? Is everyone resetting their machines to factory default or something?
Edit - I only have IMDN Pro, didn’t notice it was for Prem/LE.

I think we'd just decide on what the rules are according to what the group decides. Eg. For Maiden, my guess would be stock settings without extra balls. For STTNG, no plunge to multiball and Riker Poker for Holodeck...

Looks like STTNG is winning at this point. I'll start getting full confirmations closer to the weekend.

#24 89 days ago

So it looks like it's going to be either STTNG or Iron Man. I'm thinking of bumping it to next week as this weekend has suddenly become crazy busy for me.

Can I get confirmations from owners of these games and a day that works best next week?

#25 88 days ago

I'd be good with either of those two games on any night next week. I'll just have to trial-run a camera setup this weekend to make sure I can stream.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside