• Latest reply 12 years ago by NimblePin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SF.jpg
#1 12 years ago

I know I have read a thread here that listed all the resources on the web for locating a pin, but I have been searching for it all morning and can't find it. Does anyone have a link to this thread? Or can we start over? Right now I have been searching CC and Mr. Pinball everyday for two months but still haven't been able to find what I want. Any help is appreciated.

#2 12 years ago

Craigslist, Mr. Pinball and (only as a reference) eBay are the ones I use most often.

Oh, and of course, the Market on here Pinside

G

#3 12 years ago
Quoted from glilly-BOA:

Craigslist, Mr. Pinball and (only as a reference) eBay are the ones I use most often.

Those are also what I use. You really have to be patient when looking for a pin. Finding a local one is always the best due to high shipping charges that's why I check local craigslist daily. You could also look to distributors but they usually charge top dollar here are a few: http://www.monkeysarcades.com/Pinball_Machines_s/2.htm

http://www.greatamericanpinball.com/

http://pinballfun.com/

#4 12 years ago

G, the market place is good here at Pinside...as long as people add and reveal their LOCATION!!! I am not a mind reader people. Throw me a bone here.

Hey Robin, is it possible to make the location of the Pin a "must fill in" data line before the Pin can be listed?

#5 12 years ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

reveal their LOCATION!!! I am not a mind reader people. Throw me a bone here. Hey Robin, is it possible to make the location of the Pin a "must fill in" data line

I am right with you on that one jwwhite15. That is the main reason why I use other sites because many times sellers for some reason do not list their location here on pinside.

#6 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

You really have to be patient when looking for a pin

CAN'T YOU SEE HOW PATIENT I AM!? . I know, I am trying to be patient and I also just want to make sure that I don't miss something going up for sale because I didn't know where to look. Thanks for the info Dude!

#7 12 years ago
Quoted from guymontag451:

I also just want to make sure that I don't miss something going up for sale

Been there lot's of times. There's a lot of others out there looking to jump on a deal. You got to stick with it.

Quoted from jwwhite15:

G, the market place is good here at Pinside...as long as people add and reveal their LOCATION!!! I am not a mind reader people. Throw me a bone here

Copy that! Robin, I second the motion if possible.

On a different note, since there's so many of us scattered all over the country (and even the world), it would be great to know that if one of us found a machine say... 1,000 miles away, we could have one of our Pinside buds pick it up and store (enjoy) it for a while until the buyer could pick it up. I know I'd be willing to do that for anyone who sees a machine in Central FL area.

G

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from glilly-BOA:

On a different note, since there's so many of us scattered all over the country (and even the world), it would be great to know that if one of us found a machine say... 1,000 miles away, we could have one of our Pinside buds pick it up and store (enjoy) it for a while until the buyer could pick it up. I know I'd be willing to do that for anyone who sees a machine in Central FL area.
G

Excellent idea G. I would be willing to help out any fellow Pinsider if they found the right pin and needed assistance. As a buyer I would prefer someone who cares about the machine handle it until I had the opportunity to pick it up myself. This would remove the shippers from the equation altogether and thats a good thing. Pinsiders helping eachother obtain our favorite games-that my friend, is a great idea indeed.

#9 12 years ago

Another source for buying/selling pins is pynball.com:

http://www.pynball.com/app/guest/welcome.do

It's much newer than Mr. Pinball, so it isn't nearly as active, but it's got a much better interface.

#10 12 years ago

Sometimes just by going to google / search for pinball & zip code turns up off beat ads
in local papers that have on line listings

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from glilly-BOA:

I also think this is a great idea. The only problem I have with it is how anonymous many of us are here. IE: I KNOW I am trustworthy but, would you send your pin to the home of a "gorilla"?

#12 12 years ago

I thought Iowans are harmless teddy bears

#13 12 years ago

I like going to auctions,
I get to go to gameroom auctions every month or every other month depending on the surplus...
But sometimes you can walk away with a pretty nice machine.
A heavily routed one- but cheap nonetheless!

#14 12 years ago

NimblePin, is that the auction house in Anahiem? I so wish I could make it down there. Maybe we can work something out, I am up in Bakersfield and would love to either partner up or make some kind of arrangement. I usually make it down in that direction every 6 weeks or so...kids and Disneyland ya know. I was in Thousand Oaks a couple of weeks ago picking up a Pin. Let me know what you think and mail me if you are interested in any way. Thanx.

#15 12 years ago

Yes it is.
i think they can take bids by phone and online if you cant make it down.
Sadly I work most Saturdays...

#16 12 years ago

We have a local classified here that gets picked off nationally. It's www.ksl.com (which is a news site, but you can access their classifieds from there), and when I list games on it I get offers from all over. I've shipped stuff as far away as New York from listing on there. I'm not sure how it's being found out, but people keep an eye on it.

If you don't mind shipping, it's worth looking at once a week or so.

#17 12 years ago

yup - Medusa 1725$ Salt Lake City
just never know what you will find

#18 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I KNOW I am trustworthy but, would you send your pin to the home of a "gorilla"?

I know what you're saying. But, given the common enthusiasm we all have for the hobby, I would trust most of the regulars on here. Besides, if a "gorilla" has my machine, I don't have to worry about anyone taking it

Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

I thought Iowans are harmless teddy bears

puckguy... love your avitars

G

#19 12 years ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

NimblePin, is that the auction house in Anahiem?

Captain's Auctions isn't a place to find a bargain. If you're lucky, you could possibly get out of there with a player's game at a reasonable price. If you're caught up in the "auction fever" you'll pay a significant premium for a routed and broken down project machine. Here's the breakdown from the previous go at the end of April...

Williams 7up $400, powered up, project
Meteor $525, decent playfield, played well but cab pretty jacked on one side
Flash $350, worn playfield, powered up but wouldn't start a game (buyback)
DE Hook $1150, worked, looked ok
Black Rose $1250, UGLY touch ups all around the canon otherwise it was ok
Cyclone $300 all ramps melted, no displays (buyback)
Special Force $500, nice clean game
Bride of Pinbot $900, tons of switch errors, bad wear at the drops and ramp entrance, cracked yellowed ramps, wouldn't fire the ball out from under the skill shot
Stern Harley $1400, no balls installed to test, powered up
POTC $2600, decent shape
DE Checkpoint $650, some light playfield wear
South Park $1100, stuck in ball search
Elvis $2500, display iffy and non-working bad upper flipper
Shaq $850, worked ok but didn't really look at it much
T2 $950, did not power up said it was missing display board, otherwise it was dirty but looked like it would be very nice once cleaned
Flintstones $1200, decent shape worked fine
High Speed $750, worn playfield around the pops, no pops or slings firing

Pretty much all the games needed extensive shop jobs and repairs. Apparently at an auction if the power comes on the game "works." Prices are hammer prices and do not include 15% buyers premium and 9.75% sales tax. I know two were buybacks (noted)... not sure one the rest.

#20 12 years ago

Captain's Auctions isn't a place to find a bargain. If you're lucky, you could possibly get out of there with a player's game at a reasonable price.

I said SOMETIMES you could walk away with a pretty nice machine! Sheesh... Semantics.
I stopped in early on the one listed above jay... Pretty much you said it all.
That day was not a great example! Although POTC for $2600 not bad...
That Hook was actually in very good shape!
Plus Special Force for $500 that baby was in excellent shape!

SF.jpgSF.jpg

How often do you really run into one of these jay?
Sure- that day did not have the top shelf goods but "sometimes" you do get lucky!
At least I do!

#21 12 years ago

That POTC wasn't even close to a good price IMO—not at nearly $3250 out the door anyway. It was a routed game and needed at least a good shop job. The Special Force on the other hand, I totally agree that was a solid buy at about $625. Cool game... LOVED those straw hut pop bumper caps.

#22 12 years ago

I got to look at the guts of the POTC it wasn't that bad... Lightly routed I would say...
Hey look at the bright side! At least the ship worked!
That alone will save you a pretty penny.
I guess the cost of "shopping" a pin is a grey area for most.
A little TLC goes a long way...

The Flintstones was a surprise for me at least. Pretty fun!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 21.95
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 22.50
$ 132.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/online-pinball-classifieds and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.