9 months ago

Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Mopar
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191031_130201_resized (resized).jpg
    110619_MAIN (resized).jpg

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 9 months ago

Online auction of ~36 mostly 1960s EMs ending Wed, Nov 6 at 2PM Includes Chicago Coin Apollo Moon Shot Rifle Game and United De Luxe Pirate Gun Game. Southeast Pennsylvania. See https://briggsauction.com/november-6-online-only-special-collections/

110619_MAIN (resized).jpg
    #2 9 months ago

Lots of soda and beer related signs and stuff also.
    More pinballs beyond items#100 if you can scroll down thru to it.

#3 9 months ago

Pretty fair prices...for now!

#4 9 months ago

Wow! I wish i were closer...and had the room!

I've always wanted a Bowling Queen.....

#5 9 months ago

18% buyers premium!

#6 9 months ago
    Quoted from Gotemwill:

18% buyers premium!

18% buyer's premium and if your a PA resident add another 6% ..... that's 24% !!.... that can take the price up quickly. So maybe if it's rare or in mint condition or the bids are really low?

#7 9 months ago

This will be a good judge of how EM prices are these days with so many good titles and people saying EMs are going out of fashion.

The buyers fee and sales tax for a PA resident is 25.08% as the 6% sales tax is added to the final price and 18% buyers fee so at least easy to add a 1/4 of the bid to know the final price. $1000 hammer price is $1180 with buyers fee then add 6% for $1250.80 .... ouch !!!

#8 9 months ago

Unless there is a big jump in bids at the end, which often happens, there doesn't seem to be big interest in this auction. Maybe the word didn't get out far enough?

#9 9 months ago

Some nice antiques but very few if any pinball machines that I would want.

#10 9 months ago

Many of the games are only in fair condition with poor cabinets and metal. Lots of fairly common titles too.

#11 9 months ago

I just put in a big order with PBR to finish fixing up the ones I already have.

It's getting harder to get enthused about bringing in more that I don't even want just to have something to work on and spend money and time on that I will never get back when I try to get rid of it.

#12 9 months ago

Wow there is alot more pinball machines near the bottom of the list. The el dorado and centigrade are moving up in price.

#13 9 months ago

Sure, most of the games are not “collectors quality” but the guy obviously had a good eye. From the looks of it, it’s the kind of place where I’d want to hang out!

#14 9 months ago

I hope these bidders read the terms because an extra 25% is going to make most of the current bids more than the games are worth...at least in this area.

#15 9 months ago
    Quoted from bonzo71:

I hope these bidders read the terms because an extra 25% is going to make most of the current bids more than the games are worth...at least in this area.

of course tacking on another 400 etc for shipping doesnt help either...

#16 9 months ago

Has anyone here actually gone to preview these?

#17 9 months ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

Wow there is alot more pinball machines near the bottom of the list. The el dorado and centigrade are moving up in price.

The cabinet on the C-37 is whooped too.

#18 9 months ago

Auctions worked in the 80s and 90s but prices have caught up and surpassed what you would pay for a machine on pinside or mrpinball.

#19 9 months ago

only minutes to go before its hammertime!

#20 9 months ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

Has anyone here actually gone to preview these?

Kind of tough to do as the auction said preview is by appointment only beginning Nov 5th which was off course yesterday... makes you wonder about the condition of them when you basically can’t preview them.

#21 9 months ago

I read the terms and saw nothing about extending the auctions for last minute bidding.

#22 9 months ago

I see they extend the bidding by looks like 2 minutes if someone bids in the last 2 minutes to avoid snipping which I didn’t read about in the terms unless I missed it.

#23 9 months ago
    Quoted from rocketman:

I see they extend the bidding by looks like 2 minutes if someone bids in the last 2 minutes to avoid snipping which I didn’t read about in the terms unless I missed it.

Referred to as "Cascade" in the listing.

#24 9 months ago

Is this thing continuing to cascade or what?

Can't find hammer prices

#25 9 months ago

No, the 1st round sold and have sold in the listing.

#26 9 months ago

PS .... you need to select the SOLD category for sold items.

#27 9 months ago

Here are some that I can see because I had bids. I did not win any though. Besides Masquerade, Royal Guard and Ice Review, my bids were around 50% to 60% of the selling prices.

price before 18% fee and 6% sales tax

Fun Land = $800
    Gottlieb's Baseball = $850
    Ice Review =$700
    Play Mates=$855
    Royal Guard=$375
    Flip a Card=$600
    Hi Dolly=$850
    Happy Clown=$1105
    Dancing Lady=$933
    Masquerade=$500
    Paradise=$901
    Bonanza=$900

#28 9 months ago

At our local auction those would be called buybacks because the owner didn't get what he wanted or thought they were worth and bid them up.

#29 9 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

At our local auction those would be called buybacks because the owner didn't get what he wanted or thought they were worth and bid them up.

That's a good point, and why I don't like online auctions. Way too much room for shill bidders, including the consignor. Not saying that has happened here, but it does happen.

#30 9 months ago

I know the owner of these pins and I don't believe he is buying any back. I haven't talked to him in several years but it would appear he has retired, perhaps moved from his house and is relocating. It looks like his entire collection went on the block. I only wish he had offered them to me before he sent them all to auction, but I guess we weren't THAT good of friends! LOL!!

#31 9 months ago
    Quoted from bonzo71:

Here are some that I can see because I had bids. I did not win any though. Besides Masquerade, Royal Guard and Ice Review, my bids were around 50% to 60% of the selling prices.
    price before 18% fee and 6% sales tax
    Fun Land = $800
    Gottlieb's Baseball = $850
    Ice Review =$700
    Play Mates=$855
    Royal Guard=$375
    Flip a Card=$600
    Hi Dolly=$850
    Happy Clown=$1105
    Dancing Lady=$933
    Masquerade=$500
    Paradise=$901
    Bonanza=$900

Not a good deal in the bunch. Thanks for posting.

#32 9 months ago

This proves I'm a poor man in a rich mans hobby. I'll continue to hunt in the wild..where deals can still be found.

#33 9 months ago

just saw this, it's 5 minutes away from me. Happy to help non local folks if you get something.

#34 9 months ago

If you go to the top sorting bar, you can click “All” or “SOLD” and see all of the final prices.

From what I see, most sold at close to full retail before the buyers fees. The highest was a C37 that went for $1425 followed by a Dodge City at $1200!

#35 9 months ago

Only two decent deals were "Royal Guard" and a project "Show Boat". The prices seemed unrealistic on many of the games considering their condition. Then add 24% to each hammer price. That "Spin A Card" with a heavily planked playfield went for $900 (plus 24%)? Damn!

#36 9 months ago

But the $375 Royal Guard was not working but maybe an easy fix. 6% sales tax is on top of the 18% buyers fee so really a 25% premium. Although with these prices, does 1% more really matter.

#37 9 months ago
    Quoted from bonzo71:

I'll continue to hunt in the wild..where deals can still be found.

"The kids used to play it, but now it doesn't work, and it's in the way." Music to my ears!

#38 9 months ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Only two decent deals were "Royal Guard" and a project "Show Boat". The prices seemed unrealistic on many of the games considering their condition. Then add 24% to each hammer price. That "Spin A Card" with a heavily planked playfield went for $900 (plus 24%)? Damn!

The showboat was a deal, but I did not dare risk going over $300 not really knowing what might be inside. The Spin a Card had a bad playfield...the Baseball also had a bad area too and both went very high. I didn't think either of those would get to $250. Royal Guard had a busted snap target.

Maybe a well publicized auction is the way to get top dollar on a large collection.

#39 9 months ago

This whole auction was pretty much a poster child of EMs I have owned but nobody wanted when it came time to get rid of them, and certainly not worth owning again.

#40 9 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

This whole auction was pretty much a poster child of EMs I have owned but nobody wanted when it came time to get rid of them, and certainly not worth owning again.

I really like "Ice-Revue". It's an "under the radar" type of game. Great gameplay and very nice looking too. Williams "Moulin Rouge" is another good one. I had my eye on both of those, but don't really need them.

#41 9 months ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

I really like "Ice-Revue". It's an "under the radar" type of game. Great gameplay and very nice looking too. Williams "Moulin Rouge" is another good one. I had my eye on both of those, but don't really need them.

Neither is a bad game, I suppose.

I'm just to the point where I am full and happy with what I have now after so many have come and gone, that I am talking myself out of buying anymore. I mean I can't think of any I'd rather have than what I do now, so any more additions would be a downgrade. Once Beat The Clock finally got added to the stable, where do you go from there?

#42 9 months ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

"The kids used to play it, but now it doesn't work, and it's in the way." Music to my ears!

Better yet. "I bought this house and want them out $100.00 a piece". A Yukon and Dodge City.
    This actually happened a couple weeks ago from a fresh craigs list ad. 45 minutes away. The pics
    looked okay. I'll be home at 5:00 I said I'll be there. A couple hours later he called saying someone
    offered $250.00 per. Before I hung up, he was aware I wasn't extremely happy..

#43 9 months ago

Why did this auction happen? Did a collector pass away? Decided to sell everything? Clearing out his possessions so he go into a Home?

#44 9 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Neither is a bad game, I suppose.
    I'm just to the point where I am full and happy with what I have now after so many have come and gone, that I am talking myself out of buying anymore. I mean I can't think of any I'd rather have than what I do now, so any more additions would be a downgrade. Once Beat The Clock finally got added to the stable, where do you go from there?

C’mon, you must be tired of that Skill Roll by now, I’m sure you wouldn’t mind shipping it to me for a really low price!

#45 9 months ago
    Quoted from wolverinetuner:

C’mon, you must be tired of that Skill Roll by now, I’m sure you wouldn’t mind shipping it to me for a really low price!

Sure, I'll trade it for an Ice Revue and one of those games with the goofy face dudes on it.

#46 9 months ago

People need to stop paying high prices for EM machines. Didn't anyone read a post recently that EM's were dead and undesirable? Oh and, I am looking to buy EM's whenever I can.
    There's the nostalgia to them that makes them special such as the artwork and sounds that brings us back to our childhood. Hope everyone is happy with their purchases.

How long will it be before some of these end up on Ebay?

#47 9 months ago

I am anxious to dip my toe into the EM waters - I gave some of those machines consideration but you folks here saved me from overpaying (thanks!).

#48 9 months ago

Still a bargain when compared to their modern counterparts. I live totally within the EM bubble and am shocked over prices whenever I stray into newer machines.

I played a early 90s Williams Whitewater in a pinball bar recently. I thought it was pretty fun and decided to lookup what one would cost. Holy cow! I can buy 3 or 4 old EM games for that money! And it’s probably no big deal for the SS crowd.

#49 9 months ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

I have more or less heard this a dozen times. My last pickup, a Dixieland was in the owners home 30 years.

#50 9 months ago
    Quoted from Gotemwill:

Still a bargain when compared to their modern counterparts. I live totally within the EM bubble and am shocked over prices whenever I stray into newer machines.
    I played a early 90s Williams Whitewater in a pinball bar recently. I thought it was pretty fun and decided to lookup what one would cost. Holy cow! I can buy 3 or 4 old EM games for that money! And it’s probably no big deal for the SS crowd.

That's a fun machine that I owned. I sold it for $4000 several years ago.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 125.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 16.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 10.50
    Playfield - Decals
    The MOD Couple
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 72.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 66.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Ramp-O-Matic
    $ 29.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 129.25
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    € 8.10
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 194.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 18.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    Various Other Swag
    Shoot Again Pinball
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside