(Topic ID: 315299)

ones unit stops game

By mark532011

1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mark532011.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

I have a question about my 1965 Gottlieb Ice Revue. I have cleaned/restored the head and under-playfield of the unit.

When I start a new game, all score reels reset to zero and the game starts correctly. When a ten or hundred point bumper is hit it works correctly, however when a one point bumper is hit - the reel moves and then the game shuts down. Fuses do not blow, GI stays on, any playfield lights on stat lit, but it simply stops - no bumpers or anything on the playfield will work. I then have to hit the start button to get it to go again.

I thought it might be tilt related but on this game, tilt also turns off the GI and that is not happening.

I have manually hit the one point relay and it does the same thing - advances the reel and then stops the game.

The weird part is that the reels will reset to zero just fine at game start so all the wiring ought to be ok.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

#2 1 year ago

I have resolved the issue. There actually wasn't any problem, the issue was this old of a machine keeps track of games over by a ball trough switch which is checked when the ones score is hit-when all 5 balls are in the trough, game is over. Since I had it upside down I had jumpers on the switches, so it thought all 5 balls were in the trough and as soon as it hit a one point, it checked the ball trough, found there were no more balls and went game over...lol

By tipping it back upright and actually putting balls in it, the issue went away.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mark532011.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ones-unit-stops-game?tu=mark532011 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.