• 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by undrdog
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ones digit (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider undrdog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

#Mystic Bally ss. The ones digit went out on all displays this afternoon. I had been replacing the lamp socket in a pop bumper. Also, I messed around with the game settings some, on the Alltek board.

Could use some guidance.

Also, the sound is cutting out, as the machine counts down the bonuses. A week or so ago, the sound went real weird, like the pitch was greatly increased. That only lasted for a few games.

#3 4 years ago

Quench Is this the right one? (red arrow)

I cut off the old end and squeezed the new end in, but it didn't help any. (Didn't seem to hurt anything, either!) Is there a trick to it? Do I need to bare the wire or get a special tool?

ones digit (resized).pngones digit (resized).png
#6 4 years ago

It does go all the way through, but it’s hard to see in the picture because the end is bare wire. I should have trimmed it off.

I’ll play with the multimeter and report back.

#7 4 years ago

Quench Well, this is weird.

If I am doing it correctly... and if you meant to say that the 10s digit is on the left side of resistor R2 facing the circuit board as it is attached to the machine, I get .7 at the 5th pin on the display unit. The meter doesn't budge from 1 (seems to be the default) on the left side of the R1 resistor and pin 4 at the display.

This is on the 200 setting of the multimeter, but changing that setting doesn't get me anything different on the left side of the R1 and pin 4 on the display unit. Or the right side of R1.

If, on the other hand you really meant the left side of resister R2, then all I get is the default 1 touching that to pin 5. Or pin 4 .

Just as a test, I touched the two leads to some braided ground wire, about an inch apart, and got a different reading than the default 1.

#8 4 years ago

Turning the multimeter to the diode setting, I get 1205 probing both sides of R1 and 1200 for both sides of R2. In case that helps any.

#10 4 years ago

All fixed!

Using a very specialized tool to mash down on the wire (a toothpick with the point bitten off) fixed it. I'd thought I'd made sure the wire was well in there before, but obviously it needed a good tool.

Quench Thank you very much!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA
$ 22.50
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider undrdog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ones-digit-just-went-out-on-all-displays?tu=undrdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.