Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Eric_S
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    #1 8 years ago

Got some cool projects to work on this weekend. Feeling lucky as I might never buy this many at one time again. image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 8 years ago

Dayum!

you got your hands full now.

#3 8 years ago

Just picked up a Globetrotters myself...great game.

#4 8 years ago

Awesome! Just got a Speakeasy, very fun game. Would love to try Grand Slam, looks like a similar layout with a little more going on. Good luck!

#5 8 years ago

I picked up three... Geez 10!!! Very nice

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

Feeling lucky as I might never buy this many at one time again.

Don't worry, I'll keep looking.

#7 8 years ago

I only see 9?

How much for globetrotters?

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I only see 9?
    How much for globetrotters?

Centipede is 10. There is a Solar Fire behind them if you need to see 10 pins. I want to fix HG and play it a while.

#9 8 years ago

That is funny, i did not even see the centipede the first time. Let me know when you are done with globetrotters.

#10 8 years ago

Hey Russ,

I think I saw the same games advertised on craigslist. I was actually chatting with the guy about picking them up and then figured you were probably on it so I didn't want to be competing against you with this guy's collection of games.

As I recall, he had 20 pinball machines so did you only buy the SS type games? Seemed like he had around 10 SS games, 10 EM games and then around 9 or 10 arcade games.

Unfortunately, storing them and having a way to move them would have made it very difficult to buy them. Glad to see you got them.

Dave

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from egyptrus:

Hey Russ,
    I think I saw the same games advertised on craigslist. I was actually chatting with the guy about picking them up and then figured you were probably on it so I didn't want to be competing against you with this guy's collection of games.
    As I recall, he had 20 pinball machines so did you only buy the SS type games? Seemed like he had around 10 SS games, 10 EM games and then around 9 or 10 arcade games.
    Unfortunately, storing them and having a way to move them would have made it very difficult to buy them. Glad to see you got them.
    Dave

Dave,
    Thanks for posting this. It is from the CL ad. Another friend started the contact with him and took the EM's. Because we took 20 games he made us a package deal that only included one arcade. He will be running another ad with the arcades soon.

Russ

#12 8 years ago

Do you need some help?

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

Do you need some help?

Good help was easy to find.

#14 8 years ago

Lol I bet it was.

#15 8 years ago

Unfortunately, I'd really have no interest in the arcade games. I was trying to figure out a way to store/move 20+ pinball machines but really couldn't do it. I did ask about buying just a couple of titles but then he told me that someone local was going in with someone else to buy the games. I sort of figured it was you.

Glad it worked out for you. I think you got a nice haul there.

Dave

#16 8 years ago

Wow, that's a right nice little early SS collection. What's that last one, a Fireball Classic with the classic bg fade?

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Wow, that's a right nice little early SS collection. What's that last one, a Fireball Classic with the classic bg fade?

Exactly

#18 8 years ago

Good pick-up, Russ. Are you going to have them all ready to play next time you host league?

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

Good pick-up, Russ. Are you going to have them all ready to play next time you host league?

Yeah Russ, you gonna have them ready for league?

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from Tallon:

Yeah Russ, you gonna have them ready for league?

If my board monkey stays off the internet and gets working.

#21 8 years ago

Looks like Speakeasy has a fiberglass playfield. Anyone know if they all did?

#22 8 years ago

Nice score. What did he have for arcade games?

#23 8 years ago

4 of those games are on my wish list, great pickup!

#24 8 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

Yes I believe they all did. They wear really nicely compared to the traditional wood ones.

#25 8 years ago

I'm curious if anyone knows what EMs he had?

#26 8 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

I'm curious if anyone knows what EMs he had?

A friend of mine has them. He follows this thread. I will let him decide if he wants to list them.

#27 8 years ago

Great pick up Rusty. Kudos to rescuing some classics. I wouldn't mind adding a Nitro to the collection at some point. Let me know if you ever get tired of it.

#28 8 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Great pick up Rusty. Kudos to rescuing some classics. I wouldn't mind adding a Nitro to the collection at some point. Let me know if you ever get tired of it.

Mark

These were in a rough old building with no heat and not very sealed up. Good news is they stayed dry. I have never had a chance to play NGS so am looking forward to trying it. Bad news is the backglass pealed badly on that one. It had nice bright colors but is coming off in huge chunks. Cab is also rough from a previous life. Playfield is nice. I will keep you in mind if anything can be made of it.

#29 8 years ago

Well the PF is always #1 in my book so at least that is decent, that's a great early SS. Hopefully you can find a bg replacement for it.

#30 8 years ago

Nice haul!

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

Yes, I think all of the Speakeasy games had a plastic playfield. I had one for awhile and I think Ben in league has it now. Are the fly away targets intact? They are hard to find if they're broken.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/one-weekend-10-new-projects and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.