Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_0043.JPG
images.jpeg
fry-take-my-money.jpg
slithis_poster_01[1].jpg
images-1.jpeg
There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 11 years ago

Here is one very very cool holo mod using a small lcd

#3 11 years ago

That is AWESOME!!!!

#4 11 years ago

That is a very cool mod, and to think about the many mods out there, I am surprised there are not more!

#5 11 years ago

Great mod! Love this for creech

#6 11 years ago

Now I am dreaming of what more can be done with under playfield LCD's. That looks great.

#7 11 years ago

Wow, I hope this is what they're working on now that licensing got sorted out.

#8 11 years ago

I want one!

#11 11 years ago

Fantastic! An appropriate replacement for those who have a hololess CFTBL. I can see it being the preference of many.

Could you program different scenes for "Search" and "Rescue?"

Dan

#12 11 years ago

And likely only a fraction of the value of the going NOS holograms sold every once in a while.

#13 11 years ago

that is possibly the coolest mod i have ever seen.

#14 11 years ago

So is that the lcd panel with no glass or backlight just laid below the window so you..oh theres no lower PF. never mind.

nvm, this would be a simple mod with lcd and microcontroller to enable the animation when X caused the hologram to appear.

Very cool looking mod

#17 11 years ago

DAAAAAAMMMN!!!!

images-1.jpegimages-1.jpeg

#18 11 years ago

100%

I think it's time for marketing on that one!!!

#19 11 years ago

Since this is LCD based, they could easily sell the mod without infringing on the copyright. Just simply sell the LCD and all the mounting hardware without the Creature video pre-installed on it.

#20 11 years ago

Speechless...

#21 11 years ago

Unbelievable! This mod might be better than the Tron Arcade Mod!

#22 11 years ago

That is better than the hologram. I wish i could see the under-playfield shots of how it is hooked up.

#23 11 years ago

I hope this is real, it looks like someone did some cgi on the image of a playfield. but I would love to see this in action on a game.

#24 11 years ago

that is rather nice

#25 11 years ago

Not to mention without all that hologram crap in the cab you can finally install a decent sub as well.

#26 11 years ago

Maybe now you'll be able to play a CFTBL and actually get to see the Creature when you are supposed to. This is great news for CFTBL owners

#27 11 years ago

WOW! Now that is a very nice mod!

#28 11 years ago

Big question... How much? If it's reasonably priced count me in.

#29 11 years ago

Seriously makes me want to get a Creech again.

#30 11 years ago

I would love to know how he's handling executing a movie file, maybe he's just using one of those dvd players with numbers for selecting chapters, and wiring it in?

#31 11 years ago

Yes! Great Mod. SO many people always need new holograms and to me those were lame anyway. Yes they worked for the time. But to invest in LCD is cool.

Now if only I had a Creech.

#32 11 years ago

No doubt - the best mod, especially for machines where there is no hologram. NOS holograms easily are selling over 600, so I bet this is even cheaper.

#33 11 years ago

"It is an LCD, it mounts in place of the creature hardware and plugs into the loom. It operates just as the creature normally would, quick flashes when you spell film and then constant when you have found the creature."

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

The image is stored in flash ram on the controller board. there is also an SD card slot in case another image needs to be shown without replacing the built in one

So if it's an image, does that imply it has to be an animated gif for that animation?

#35 11 years ago

HOLy shit that is stunning! Best mod ever?????? wow!

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

swinks said:The image is stored in flash ram on the controller board. there is also an SD card slot in case another image needs to be shown without replacing the built in one
So if it's an image, does that imply it has to be an animated gif for that animation?

Sorry don't know, I will post updates when I get - best I can do.

#37 11 years ago

Is this available now? If so, from where?

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

toyotaboy said:swinks said:The image is stored in flash ram on the controller board. there is also an SD card slot in case another image needs to be shown without replacing the built in one

Are you in contact directly with the person or are you just relaying info from the comments posted on the youtube video?

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from PINBELL:

Is this available now? If so, from where?

At the moment a one off but if enough interest he will be selling as a complete unit that bolts and plugs in.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

swinks said:toyotaboy said:swinks said:The image is stored in flash ram on the controller board. there is also an SD card slot in case another image needs to be shown without replacing the built in one
Are you in contact directly with the person or are you just relaying info from the comments posted on the youtube video?

I am in contact with him......

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I am in contact with him......

Cool.....Let him know that he should start to let it be known that he will not supply any copywrighted images, only the hardware to display whatever people want. Otherwise, you can bet he'll be getting a call from Planetary Pinball before long. They have a vested interest in keeping anyone from producing hologram replacements and they'll use the usual threat of saying Universal studios will sue.

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

PINBELL said:Is this available now? If so, from where?

At the moment a one off but if enough interest he will be selling as a complete unit that bolts and plugs in.

I'm interested! Keep me posted!
Thanks.

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

PINBELL said:Is this available now? If so, from where?

This is incredible. I'm in!

#45 11 years ago

He is hoping to keep costs down around the $300 for a plug and play unit plus freight, stay posted

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Let him know that he should start to let it be known that he will not supply any copyrighted images, only the hardware to display whatever people want.

This is exactly what I was getting at. Nobody can stop him from selling just the hardware. What people then decide to do with it is entirely up to them. Hell, you could make it so that when you spell "FILM" it shows Traci Lords going down on some guy!

#47 11 years ago

I think every Creech just went up $500 because of this thread!

#48 11 years ago

I honestly don't like it, not a fan of CG.
I'd rather have a blue creature.

#49 11 years ago

$300,- you say?
I think I will sell my green hologram for $600,- and buy one of these.
Although not original, I like this much better.

#50 11 years ago

Latest is there is quite a bit of interest so Dan is going to do a small batch for starters. Once ready he will offer to the first batch of people that are interested and make their payment and then they will be shipped.

He did say that he is quite busy in his day job so these will take a few weeks to a month or so with no fixed ETA at this stage.

He will provide me a few photos of the wire loom connection and how it is bolted into place - so will post once I get them.

The graphics are custom so no movie or print image was used.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 24.00
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/one-very-cool-creature-holo-mod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.