• Game of Thrones Pro 9 votes
    10%
  • Avengers Infinity Quest Pro 10 votes
    11%
  • Deadpool Pro 53 votes
    59%

(90 votes)

#1 2 years ago

So I am getting ready to buy my first pin and I have narrowed the field down to four choices. My four I have narrowed it down to are Star Wars Comic Art Pro, Game of Thrones Pro, Deadpool Pro, and Avengers Infinity Quest Pro. I have played all four at least 50+ times with probably close to 150 times on the two Ritchie's and I love them all for different reasons. This will more than likely be a one pin collection for at least a few years. To save some time lets say that I can't save money for a premium, all the other pros have been up for consideration and failed, and it won't be traded for one of these other three games. I really can't decide which one I want the most because every time I think of one that would be best I think of something in one of the others that I would be missing out on. I think I would be happy with any of these but my concern is more for which one would hold up the best over a long period of time if it had to stand alone for a few years?

My thoughts specifically on longevity for a one pin collection, I will try to keep it brief:
Star Wars and Game of Thrones: the two that to me are probably the most similar games being done by SR. I think either one of these hold up for a long time because of the different ways you can approach them and play through the games.

Avengers Infinity Quest: Tough game that kicks my butt a little in the modes, I think this one would really excel in the home environment because of the difficulty of the modes, being a fun shooter, and really getting a chance to dive into the code

Deadpool Pro: Just fun as hell and with a unique layout, this is the title that my extended family enjoys the most and if I had to guess probably my guest would too. This is probably the game that I rank the lowest but also the game that I go back to more often than the other 3 on location when taking a break from other pins because once again it is damn fun.

Once again guys please try to base your answer here on how you think the pin would hold up in a once pin collection for an extended period of time and not just which one you like the most. Thanks for your help and advice.

#2 2 years ago

It doesn’t matter

Just start with one and in a few months you’ll sell it and buy a different one, or just grow your collection to 2.

I’d buy whichever pops up for a good price locally

#3 2 years ago

I have had GOT in the past and have AIQ now. No one in the family like GOT but everyone loves AIQ. I voted for AIQ because it’s deep and challenging for me but the rest of the family likes it too. That being said, I’m about to add a Deadpool so I think either way, you can’t go wrong.

#4 2 years ago

Star Wars Pro is the correct answer.

#5 2 years ago

My advice is mirrors. Even though it's one pin it looks like alot more. Lol

Ok Deadpool...

#6 2 years ago

All are deep, all have their strengths...but Deadpool is probably the most fun

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

It doesn’t matter
Just start with one....

This!
It really doesn't matter, I have bascially owned 3 of these and they were all great fun. Take the first one you can get for the lowest price, have fun, & you'll figure the rest out later

#8 2 years ago

I'd say Deadpool fun game for that casual and skilled player.

#9 2 years ago

Go with the one you described, in your own words, that is “Just fun as hell...” because that’s what pinball is all about!

#10 2 years ago

Go with game of thrones. . Getting a pro may be hard to find . I never get tired of the game. Deep, fun, cool theme.

#11 2 years ago

Either Star Wars or Game of Thrones as being able to choose a character or house before you start will keep the game fresh for you and you try new strategies. It doesn’t matter what pin it is, only having one will eventually get boring and you’ll either add another one or trade the one you have to keep it interesting, but I think being able to make a selection at the start and try different strategies will keep it fresh the longest. Enjoy whatever you decide on!

#12 2 years ago

Yeah ,your buying your first .Key word …first.Just get what peaks your interest then get ready for your world as you know it flipping upside down !I can’t afford these things in my previous life with normal life flo ,but I go the extra mile now and hustle ,work more,cut my own hair,drive a focus ,quit golfing ,quit smoking ,cut drinking down to 3 days a week ,eat leftovers for 3 days …you get the point .You are no longer in control of your finances get used to it LMFAO!

#13 2 years ago

Deadpool. It’s unique, it’s funny, it’s fun to play. Music alone makes it awesome, so much variety. Country, rock, rap, techno, polka, disco, plus more… it’s ridiculously good.

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Deadpool. It’s unique, it’s funny, it’s fun to play. Music alone makes it awesome, so much variety. Country, rock, rap, techno, polka, disco, plus more… it’s ridiculously good.

I agree with this 100% and voted for it .It’s easy to learn ,great music ,Comedy you name it DP had it .

#15 2 years ago

I vote Deadpool. I think it has the immediate fun factor and would last longer in a home collection.

AIQ is great as well, but I would personally just wish I had the premium the whole time I was playing it. It is deeper and would last, however.

What probably really makes sense it's whichever comes available, and at your budget. Everyone I know that buys "1 pin" ends up with a lot more...or at least trades them in somewhat frequently for another.

P.S. I would add that if there are some of these at a nearby location (arcade or friends house), that would sway the decision as well.

#16 2 years ago

On your first pin. Go with either your favorite theme, or the best shooter. Don't overcomplicate it. Good luck.

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

This!
It really doesn't matter, I have bascially owned 3 of these and they were all great fun. Take the first one you can get for the lowest price, have fun, & you'll figure the rest out later

Quoted from nicoy3k:

It doesn’t matter
Just start with one and in a few months you’ll sell it and buy a different one, or just grow your collection to 2.
I’d buy whichever pops up for a good price locally

The above comments are the right answer. Pick up what you can find locally play it until you have had enough of it and get the next one you can find.

That being said, if it was me, I would try to find Game of Thrones. It has lasted 3 years in my collection along side Metallica and there are a lot of ways to approach the game. One of the nice things about the game is, if it is kicking your ass you can pick a house that makes the game easier to progress, but won't give you quite as many points. Once you feel more comfortable go for more points with a different house. There are a lot of ways to play it, it really is a great game.

As for the other games, I never liked Deadpool. I've only played a few games on Star Wars, but it could be a contender. AIQ was a fun pin that I might be able to get into, but it didn't grab right ahold of me the few times I've played it.

#18 2 years ago

I will probably end up with at least two of these, I am just saying it will probably be a couple years based on my budget. Deadpool would probably be the one I would go with but I am secretly hoping that one of my other family members will end up getting the Deadpool. It's not a guarantee by any means but I know if I do get one, then they will just be fine with mine and I really would be quite limited. So selfishly I am kinda leaning more towards the other games like I hinted at in my first post, but if it weren't for that issue this would probably be a one pony race with a pony named Deadpool.

#20 2 years ago

DP Pro was my first NIB back in 2017 and it's still in my 2 pin lineup. I've had an AIQ Pro and currently have a SW Prem. I love SW cause I'm a fanboy, but DP would be a very hard pin for me to sell at this point.

#21 2 years ago

I have about the same amount of time on each of the pins and I think I would agree with DP. It is a fun pin. I don’t think Stern did a great job with theme integration on GOTR but it is a fast pin and was fun - I don’t think it would be a long term keeper for me but I could be wrong because I absolutely love my Ironman due to the fast/brutal gameplay. It is my favourite pin ever and one of the longest in my collection because it always gives me a rush and pisses me off. When I bought it I never thought it would last as long as it has (10 years now).

So which pin gives you that rush when you play? Good luck. Hey, if you guess wrong you can always sell it and replace it with another one and try again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rockville, MD
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 19.00
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/one-pro-pin-collection?hl=birdforce1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.