Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by RWH
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

The end of ball scoreing...
    When you have a great ball, multiple bonus advances, and you finish. you get to hear the sound of your score adding up, sometimes its long enough to have a couple drinks of a beer. Rewarding.

#2 11 years ago

Firepower comes to mind.

Jim

#3 11 years ago

It's also great when it adds on your last ball and it's just enough to pop a credit.

#4 11 years ago

Bally's Lost World is pretty long. 5X20 seems to go on forever. sweet.

#5 11 years ago

Certainly a great feeling to have from playing pins of that era.

#7 11 years ago

Played KISS for the first time in a league yesterday and we were cracking up about the near endless after-ball bonus for no apparent reason. I need to get in to more of that era of pins. Any other especially good'uns besides Firepower?

#8 11 years ago

space shuttle, giant countdown in the center, and the counting raises pitch higher and higher as it's counting, quite possibly my favorite part of it (ending match is pretty good too)

#9 11 years ago

Aztec and Freedom were very good for that,I love them old pins.

#10 11 years ago

Agree! Love the em and even the solid state 70's counting.

BUT Earthshaker has that when you get the ramp miles. It can go on forever when you max the miles. So it still lives in the late 80's. Wow saying late 80's sounds so far away. Man Im getting old.

#11 11 years ago

Space Shuttle, Black Knight and 90s pin TOTAN are my favorites that I can think of for this effect.

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Space Shuttle, giant countdown in the center, and the counting raises pitch higher and higher as it's counting, quite possibly my favorite part of it (ending match is pretty good too)

Totally agree on SS and also love the low bit sound.

Many of the Gottlieb System 1 games (maybe all) have the 5X x 20 Countdown.
    In fact my favorite Sys 1 Pin is Count-Down!

#13 11 years ago

Of course, Stern had crazy multipliers...my Seawitch goes to 7X and if you hit everything on the playfield in a ball, you get a super light show with three waves crashes...it is quite awesome.

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from mojozone:

When you have a great ball, multiple bonus advances, and you finish. you get to hear the sound of your score adding up, sometimes its long enough to have a couple drinks of a beer. Rewarding.

great thread! i concur.i would love to see a modern pin use this feature.

#15 11 years ago

I love the 5x bonus countdown on Paragon--especially when it leads to a loud crack from the real knocker!

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from pdman:

Many of the Gottlieb System 1 games (maybe all) have the 5X x 20 Countdown.
    In fact my favorite Sys 1 Pin is Count-Down!

I second that, I freaking love my Countdown! Mata Hari's countdown is pretty sweet too and still has the chimes instead of the beeps.

#17 11 years ago

Definitely FirePower, with the increasing speed and pitch. Always liked Totem too, especially 2X bonus, sounds like drums playing. On SuperSonic, 5X 20 bonus seems to take forever to finish.

#18 11 years ago

Black Knight, Centaur, Jungle Lord and Grand Lizard.

#19 11 years ago

Crazy long bonus countdown on Fathom.2 "trees" that both go to 55 plus 5X on each.Silverball Mania gets honorable mention as well.Scott

#20 11 years ago

Blackout goes for awhile and i also love the knocker sound added in when points add up to free game.

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from mojozone:

SuperSonic has a nice, long bonus countdown. I love it. Bleep ... bleep...bleep... bleep...bleep... bleep...bleep...and so on.

I may be in the minority here, but I like that the score does not need scientific notation to display it (>10 bazillions)...I just don't get the millions and billions that the DMD games score. Is it to make me think I'm really doing well, when in fact, I'm sucking?

#22 11 years ago

Seconding (or thirding if I missed one) Space Shuttle. Love that bonus countdown. I'm sure it doesn't hurt that it's so easy to rack up.

#23 11 years ago

The Black Hole score transfer from the lower playfield score does this rather well.
    Makes a cool noise while adding up also.

#24 11 years ago

On High Speed, getting 69K x 5 bonus counted down, and if it is the last ball, bonus held, so it counts it down again - that's 690K points. If you do it just right, after all that you are a winner.

steve

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from KenH:

SuperSonic has a nice, long bonus countdown. I love it. Bleep ... bleep...bleep... bleep...bleep... bleep...bleep...and so on.

+1.

There is something to say about having that EM pin in your gameroom.....it's like art!

#26 11 years ago

Bally Playboy: The count played a tune. The more bonus lights you had lit, the more complete the tune.
    Solar Fire: Neat rev-up sound that, If I recall correctly, was unique to that machine.
    Flight 2000: Sure the bonus maxed out at 10k, but there was a 15X multiplier!
    METEOR: Get all three missile lit up, max out the bonus multiplier, get acceding tones that go to almost above the range of hearing

#27 11 years ago

Star Race has the 5x20 feature that takes it a minute to add up and you get get the feature loaded up and counted down multiple times per/ball, very cool!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/one-of-my-fav-things-about-late-70s-early-80s-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.