Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by RGR
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rgr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

Probably the best game of pinball that I have ever played. Of course it would not have been possible if it were not for the immaculate LOTR at Pizza and Pinball.

Heres a summary of the game:

Ball 1: 1.25 billion

After ball 2:

138 Ring of Men

49 Elf Rings

70 Dwarf Rings

15 modes completed/started

211 Caves

112 Tower shots

6 Destroy the rings

7 EBs

2 Valinor Mutiballs

2-3 There and Back Again.

Completed Path of the Dead MB about 4 times

Twin Towers MB 3 times

FellowShip 3-4 times.

Fastest Destroy the Ring: 32.12 secs.

Game took about 2.5-3 hours. No breaks.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/337/01022012030.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/696/01022012031.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/51/01022012033.jpg/

#4 12 years ago

Got Valinor on vid. Will post on YouTube soon.

#8 12 years ago

l'll let you know when I upload the video on youtube...

#15 12 years ago

Yeah 3 ball factory. Hmmm well as for it being one if not my best game, I guess it was the length of time played. I have scored 19.5 billion on BSD, but the scores are massive on that game. LOTR is so complicated and has a very deep rule set, so the level of concentration is alot more than say of Getaway.

#16 12 years ago

The thing is these days, good games are hard to find so I cant remember the scores that I got 15-20 years ago. One day l'll play alot of games at the PAPA and PHOF... I would have listed about another 50-100 DMD games on the other website but yeah I just cant remember the scores...

#19 12 years ago

Yep, completed Destroy the Ring 5 times, missed it once. 4 shots, then one to the Ring then another to the Ring... Aint hard completing DTR, it just took some time getting there..... (starting all 3 MB's...)

#20 12 years ago

As for the EBs, from memory they were from Ring Frenzy MB, Ring MB once I got to the million shot and possibly Super Ring Frenzy after I got 3-4 jackpots and Gift of the Elves which I completed 3-4 times. I had 4-5 on ball 1 or 2 more on balls 2 and 3.

#22 12 years ago

Slope would have been 6-6.5. The great thing about this game was that both flipper anlges were perfect and that there was no problem hitting the ring with either flipper.

#24 12 years ago

Yeah that was due to me getting about 5 EBS and Valinor MB. I was at it for 3 weeks trying to Valinor then once I got it I didnt worry about losing the ball. I also read up on the LOTR ruleset at the following link:

http://www.pinball.org/rules/lordoftherings.txt

Pretty much this time round I concentrated on getting gollum MB and hooking it up with 2x along with MB or There and back again... When playhing Twin Towers, 5x along with Gollum can award some good jackjpots.... Some of the MBs that I had awarded between 70-120 mill.

#34 12 years ago

Yeah look, this game just went on and on. Previous best was 520 mill. After completing Valinor the first time I was at 700 mill. I thought dam it would be nice to get over a bill on ball 1. The tilt was a little on the lenient side and I could move the machine slightly. I also performed some death saves which is not much of an issue as Sterns are the easiest to do them on. Lets hope I can do the same thing when I goto the IFPA this year. Iceman, like I said earlier, l'll update this thread with a video of Valinor. I was surprised to find that there are none of these on youtube.

#35 12 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

I see an AC/DC right next to the LOTR in the first pic. Anyway, congrats on your high scoring game!!!

Yeah that came in on the same day. What a great sounding game. Little boring on the playfield and no modes. Hmmm but it is an improvement for Stern thats for sure.

1 week later
    #45 12 years ago

Ok guys, here are the 2 Valinor Multiballs that I got in the same game....

#47 12 years ago

lol... You can believe what you want.. If you are going to be in Seattle in June then I can show you then as well

1 week later
    #50 12 years ago

bump for all those that missed it

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rgr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/one-of-if-not-the-best-game-of-pinball-i-have-ever-played?tu=rgr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.