New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 10670)

One of if not the best game of Pinball I have ever played

By RGR

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by RGR
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

Probably the best game of pinball that I have ever played. Of course it would not have been possible if it were not for the immaculate LOTR at Pizza and Pinball.

Heres a summary of the game:

Ball 1: 1.25 billion

After ball 2:

138 Ring of Men

49 Elf Rings

70 Dwarf Rings

15 modes completed/started

211 Caves

112 Tower shots

6 Destroy the rings

7 EBs

2 Valinor Mutiballs

2-3 There and Back Again.

Completed Path of the Dead MB about 4 times

Twin Towers MB 3 times

FellowShip 3-4 times.

Fastest Destroy the Ring: 32.12 secs.

Game took about 2.5-3 hours. No breaks.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/337/01022012030.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/696/01022012031.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/51/01022012033.jpg/

#2 8 years ago

No way!!!!!! Is this stuff of legends? I own an LOTR and can't imagine that type of game. Is this common to you other LOTR owners?

#3 8 years ago

Holy smokes that is awesome. If you had filmed it, the resulting movie would have been almost as long as one of the three films!

#4 8 years ago

Got Valinor on vid. Will post on YouTube soon.

#5 8 years ago

Wow..2.5 hours... That's just crazy

#6 8 years ago

Is it April 1 ?

#7 8 years ago

Wow...epic game!!!Never got to Valinor hope to experience that one day.Scott

#8 8 years ago

l'll let you know when I upload the video on youtube...

#9 8 years ago

wow...

what are the stats/scores for the games that could have been better than this?

#11 8 years ago

Oh man, I am looking forward to seeing that Youtube video. Congrats on a remarkable score.

#12 8 years ago

thanks mate, but i was wondering what rivals this game from your playing history? What games/scores have you achieved that make you think this isn't your best game?

#13 8 years ago

Thats crazy, nice work!! - do you know what the game settings where on?

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

thanks mate, but i was wondering what rivals this game from your playing history? What games/scores have you achieved that make you think this isn't your best game?

nevermind, i found your profile on that link. 19 Billion on BSD! that's more incredible IMHO.

#15 8 years ago

Yeah 3 ball factory. Hmmm well as for it being one if not my best game, I guess it was the length of time played. I have scored 19.5 billion on BSD, but the scores are massive on that game. LOTR is so complicated and has a very deep rule set, so the level of concentration is alot more than say of Getaway.

#16 8 years ago

The thing is these days, good games are hard to find so I cant remember the scores that I got 15-20 years ago. One day l'll play alot of games at the PAPA and PHOF... I would have listed about another 50-100 DMD games on the other website but yeah I just cant remember the scores...

#17 8 years ago

Hate to be a naysayer but somethings not right here. 7 EBs? How is that even possible? Did the outlanes have rubber on them or something? Game not on factory settings?

#18 8 years ago

6 destroy rings really?... It must be set on first ring ball. Mine requires one to start mode, then all 5 shots, then the one ring again. Lose a ball and you lose the mode. No second chance. Start all over from very begining.

#19 8 years ago

Yep, completed Destroy the Ring 5 times, missed it once. 4 shots, then one to the Ring then another to the Ring... Aint hard completing DTR, it just took some time getting there..... (starting all 3 MB's...)

#20 8 years ago

As for the EBs, from memory they were from Ring Frenzy MB, Ring MB once I got to the million shot and possibly Super Ring Frenzy after I got 3-4 jackpots and Gift of the Elves which I completed 3-4 times. I had 4-5 on ball 1 or 2 more on balls 2 and 3.

#21 8 years ago

What kind of slope on the pf? nine degrees? six degrees?

#22 8 years ago

Slope would have been 6-6.5. The great thing about this game was that both flipper anlges were perfect and that there was no problem hitting the ring with either flipper.

#23 8 years ago

According to you first photo much of your score was obtained on your first ball. Amazing!!

#24 8 years ago

Yeah that was due to me getting about 5 EBS and Valinor MB. I was at it for 3 weeks trying to Valinor then once I got it I didnt worry about losing the ball. I also read up on the LOTR ruleset at the following link:

http://www.pinball.org/rules/lordoftherings.txt

Pretty much this time round I concentrated on getting gollum MB and hooking it up with 2x along with MB or There and back again... When playhing Twin Towers, 5x along with Gollum can award some good jackjpots.... Some of the MBs that I had awarded between 70-120 mill.

#25 8 years ago

Amazing. For me it’s a monumental occasion just to DTR and getting TABA would be a day I would mark on the calendar and keep forever but, Valinor...I pipe dream at best.

#26 8 years ago

For all you Northern hemisphere peeps, remember the ball drains the opposite direction in the Southern hemisphere making their games easier...

Great game!!!!!!!

#27 8 years ago

Gollum sez:
    If your playfield's not too steep....your precious score will surely creep!

#28 8 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

Yep, completed Destroy the Ring 5 times, missed it once. 4 shots, then one to the Ring then another to the Ring

what was your best time? i'm interested in this. thanks edit 32 seconds? are you the son of Stetta??????

#29 8 years ago
    Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

what was your best time?

Mine was 38. something. And it was nearly perfect. 32 is amazing.

#30 8 years ago

Dude, that is a miracle and something has to be going on with the setup on the outlanes...my first instinct on a 3 ball game is total BS! Heck, even on a 9 ball game I'd call BS!.....7 EB's, 6 DTR's and 2 Valinor......come on maaaaaaannnn

If this is remotely true

#31 8 years ago

I see an AC/DC right next to the LOTR in the first pic. Anyway, congrats on your high scoring game!!!

#32 8 years ago

Was the glass on?

#33 8 years ago

Be still my heart

#34 8 years ago

Yeah look, this game just went on and on. Previous best was 520 mill. After completing Valinor the first time I was at 700 mill. I thought dam it would be nice to get over a bill on ball 1. The tilt was a little on the lenient side and I could move the machine slightly. I also performed some death saves which is not much of an issue as Sterns are the easiest to do them on. Lets hope I can do the same thing when I goto the IFPA this year. Iceman, like I said earlier, l'll update this thread with a video of Valinor. I was surprised to find that there are none of these on youtube.

#35 8 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

I see an AC/DC right next to the LOTR in the first pic. Anyway, congrats on your high scoring game!!!

Yeah that came in on the same day. What a great sounding game. Little boring on the playfield and no modes. Hmmm but it is an improvement for Stern thats for sure.

#36 8 years ago

Wow I can't believe how long you played... Unreal...

#37 8 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

also performed some death saves which is not much of an issue as Sterns are the easiest to do them on. Lets hope I can do the same thing when I goto the IFPA this year.

Oh so you cheated. Now I understand. FYI, death saves are not allowed in IFPA tournaments.

#38 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinb0t:

Oh so you cheated.

LOL! The Barry Bonds of Pinball. Someone needs to put an Asterix after the topic title.

#39 8 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

Iceman, like I said earlier, l'll update this thread with a video of Valinor. I was surprised to find that there are none of these on youtube.

I've seen one video of Valinor but it would be nice to see that!

I don't know what a "death save" is but good lord that's impressive

#40 8 years ago

Bang Backs and Death Saves are two 'illegal' maneuvers to bring a ball that has drained in an outlane back into the field of play. One involves banging the lockbar/front of machine at the point the ball is riding down the apron...Time it right with the opposing flipper raised, and the ball jumps back into play. Death save is timing it when the ball is hitting the hole in the apron and shoving the machine so that the ball comes back into play. As noted, both are illegal in tournament play, and locations tend to frown on the practice. All's fair in home play, but you can really hurt your wrist doing them, so what's the point?

#41 8 years ago

Here's both in one video

#42 8 years ago

Legendary stuff. Congrats!

#43 8 years ago

I am not worthy. HS 169,000,000

#44 8 years ago

Just set aside 2.5 hours for a game of LOTR........3 minutes later.....game over.......Oh God, somedays I just suck

1 week later
    #45 8 years ago

Ok guys, here are the 2 Valinor Multiballs that I got in the same game....

#46 8 years ago

Nice! I am very impressed!!!
    So let me get this straight... You ramped up the score by hand first- then held the multiball while your friend put the glass back on- and THEN you pressed "record". Am I leaving anything else out RGR???

#47 8 years ago

lol... You can believe what you want.. If you are going to be in Seattle in June then I can show you then as well

#48 8 years ago

wow impressive, hard to believe even with the video, i'm curious to see how the machine is set up.
    well good for you!

the only great thing i did so far 0.32 sec for destroying the ring... but far from your score, probably won't ever come close.

#49 8 years ago

I am just messing with you RGR...
    It is just hard to fathom TWO Valinor modes in one game. You can't help but exclaim, "WTF?!?!?"
    I am in the same wheelhouse as triumph on LOTR.
    For some reason or another, getting over 200 million is just impossible for me at the moment.
    Great job though!
    I will try to make it out this year to Seattle.

1 week later
    #50 8 years ago

bump for all those that missed it

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,700.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    The Flipper Room
    $ 64.00
    $ 125.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Interactive
    Pinball Z
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 430.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 29.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Bent Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 78.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    $ 9.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 29.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 159.00
    $ 40.00
    Metalhead Pinball
    $ 74.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pin Monk
    $ 9.95
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside