IMG_6383 (resized).JPG
IMG_6382 (resized).JPG
IMG_6378 (resized).JPG
IMG_6376 (resized).JPG
IMG_6373 (resized).JPG
IMG_6379 (resized).JPG
IMG_6374 (resized).JPG
#1 3 years ago

Hi, I picked up this woodrail >> Singapore by United ... Supposedly, it was a one-of-a-kind made to be in a trade show booth for a company that sold electronic parts. Only half the backglass is painted so you can see the light bulbs ... also some of the bumper caps are cut away to show bulbs ... Almost all the metal parts (besides contacts and blades are chromed) ... and cut out "windows" in the sides of cabinet to watch what is going on inside ... COOL !!!

IMG_6373 (resized).JPGIMG_6373 (resized).JPGIMG_6374 (resized).JPGIMG_6374 (resized).JPGIMG_6376 (resized).JPGIMG_6376 (resized).JPGIMG_6378 (resized).JPGIMG_6378 (resized).JPGIMG_6379 (resized).JPGIMG_6379 (resized).JPGIMG_6382 (resized).JPGIMG_6382 (resized).JPGIMG_6383 (resized).JPGIMG_6383 (resized).JPGIMG_6384 (resized).JPGIMG_6384 (resized).JPGIMG_6385 (resized).JPGIMG_6385 (resized).JPGIMG_6386 (resized).JPGIMG_6386 (resized).JPG

#2 3 years ago

Excellent. I use something similar (although not chrome plated) in my exhibit and workshops.
_MG_5283_sm (resized).jpg_MG_5283_sm (resized).jpg
Is there a window in the backbox too?

/Mark

#3 3 years ago

Hi Mark ... The backbox has the original wood panel ... I am going to buy a clear plastic panel to replace it though (and I will save the original) .... I love your workshop !!!! I will check out your website ! Have Fun Pinballing, Todd

#4 3 years ago

I have a clear panel in the back of my game, and labels and extra lighting inside the cabinet and backbox.

Sadly that's not my workshop. That's just some of my stuff set up for a workshop in the amazing Bldg 61 Maker Space in Boulder, CO.

#5 3 years ago

I've gotta get to one of those workshops! That looks like soooo much fun!

#6 3 years ago

Wow, that looks so similar to my 1948 United Wisconsin, both in & out. I've been trying to clean the stepper reels and they are pretty filthy - amazing to see chromed internals - What an unusual find!

Do you have it working yet? Mine needed a lot of degunking and corrosion removal, but they are built like tanks, and it's working now.

#7 3 years ago

UPDATE: It must be destiny ... A couple months ago, I had bought 2 pinballs from a guy 3 hours away from me .... He had a Singapore he was trying to sell ... I didn't have room and didn't know what I would do with it .... but after I got this one, I contacted him and he still had his ... so I purchased it to have a full painted BG ....

IMG_6394 (resized).JPGIMG_6394 (resized).JPGIMG_6395 (resized).JPGIMG_6395 (resized).JPG
#8 3 years ago
Quoted from MarkG:

I have a clear panel in the back of my game, and labels and extra lighting inside the cabinet and backbox.

I was going to put LED "tape" lights inside lower cabinet ... but didn't think about backbox too !!! Great idea ! THANKS !!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/one-of-a-kind-woodrail-metal-parts-all-chromed?hl=paulace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.