IMG_2718.JPG
IMG_2716.JPG
IMG_2715.JPG
IMG_2713.JPG
free_as_in_beer.png
20140626_162040.jpeg
20140626_162032.jpeg
20140626_162037.jpeg
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Re-theme it into Road House: The Pinball.

OMG. The "Double Douche" would be so much cooler than the MM castle.

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

OMG. The "Double Douche" would be so much cooler than the MM castle.

"Pain don't hurt"

#53 9 years ago

Come on, it's fricking Avis and the graphics look like they got some intern to do them in between taking out the garbage and dusting the warehouse. I understand trying to salvage it if it were some significant part of americana or something, but it's not Ford or Maker's Mark, its AVIS

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Sometimes they only make one of something for a reason.

If I do part it, as mentioned I'd keep the playfield and backglass (which is plexi) together as-is, so FrankenAvis could be rebuilt at some point if someone got the itch.

Yes, but what about that MAJESTIC SIDEART?!?

#55 9 years ago

Actually come to think of it, I think I'd post to the Avis group on linked in to see if anybody's interested in buying it: https://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1956559&mostPopular=&trk=tyah&trkInfo=tarId%3A1404622083560%2Ctas%3Aavis%20budget%20group%2Cidx%3A4-1-7

#56 9 years ago

I'm tellin ya....Knight Rider....Black & Red

Black TA with the Red scanner. I'd be happy to help if I can find my old production parts....

Just think, the topper alone. Modified front nose with the scanner in LED RED going side to side, speed depending on mission status.

I have every sound clip of KITT and KARR you could ask for. Theme music, sound effects...everything!

The VOX (voice) box could be the start button with "Ignition ON"
Plenty of missions like 2 KITT vs KARR, 2 KITT vs Goliath. Multiball save Michael or avoid acid pit.....

OK....I'm done. Someone might get the idea I like KR

#57 9 years ago

video rob I'd be glad to make you a one-off Knight Rider game it would just cost you a small fortune to do it

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

hardcore avis collector

Never before, in the history of mankind, have these three words been spoken in that order.

#59 9 years ago

Build a virtual pin out of it.

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Build a virtual pin out of it.

Not my thing, but the cabinet, head, hinges, legs, rails and coin door are available for a $50 donation to Pinside.

#61 9 years ago

I'm more of a Hertz guy myself ...
...Lord Howard Hertz!

#62 9 years ago

maybe sell it to someone who does custom machines, perfect candidate.

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

video rob I'd be glad to make you a one-off Knight Rider game it would just cost you a small fortune to do it

More or less than a STLE?

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

I'm more of a Hertz guy myself ......Lord Howard Hertz!

It's all about the points... I was a loyal Avis renter, then my COmpaNy got the lower rate plan with Hertz so Avis was out of the question. Only problem is that Hertz featured <choke> Ford vehicles. Finally, they switched us to National so it was back to GM vehicles and the occasional VW Beetle which is always fun. Especially turbos that they have for rentals in California.

#65 9 years ago

I say re-brand it to an Enterprise machine. They'll pick it up for you!

On a serious note, there is NO WAY that is a custom PF. The cabinet and PF are definitely vinyl over the original Checkpoint decals and PF. I've stripped a LOT of vinyl. The heat gun is the way to go IMO, but you may lose the original Checkpoint artwork due to the paint drying out, esp on the PF. If you were to do it, go EASY with the heat, starting with a corner and then slowly & gently pulling it along.

That said, It would be nice to restore it as an AVIS, if only for posterity sake. I don't think it would increase much in value, but it would be worth a lot more to you "personally" as something you restored and had the only machine out there.

It's a tough decision on what to do, but whichever way you choose to go, best of luck to you.

10 months later
#66 8 years ago

So, what happened - what was the final outcome of this? I see that the parts could be had for a $50 donation, so does that mean the playfield and backglass are hanging on a wall somewhere? Or did the game remain whole? Just wondered...

3 years later
#67 5 years ago

So, after 4 yrs, there’s proof there were at least two of these made. Clearly not the same one since it has the yellowed Mylar. On letgo right now

AA5B301D-B358-468F-AF72-8C5A578108F6.pngAA5B301D-B358-468F-AF72-8C5A578108F6.png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 29.99
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/one-of-a-kind-data-east-avis-pinball-machine-for-free-pick-up/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.