(Topic ID: 90059)

One of a kind Dallas Cowboys stern custom pinball machine?

By Shenanigander

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

• NFL Stern, 2001

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Cowboy_withCuts_0017_18.jpg
Cowboy_withCuts_0020_21.jpg
Cowboy_withCuts_0025_26.jpg
th-8.jpeg
DSCF9109.JPG
DSCF9108.JPG
DSCF9110.JPG
DSCF9112.JPG
DSCF9111.JPG
DSCF9113.JPG
#1 9 years ago

Someone is asking if i want to buy this one of a kind pinball machine. says stern made it. only one. any idea what it is worth and if this is a playfield from a different machine?

DSCF9113.JPGDSCF9113.JPG DSCF9112.JPGDSCF9112.JPG DSCF9111.JPGDSCF9111.JPG DSCF9110.JPGDSCF9110.JPG DSCF9109.JPGDSCF9109.JPG DSCF9108.JPGDSCF9108.JPG
#2 9 years ago

This is one of the reskins of the NFL version of Striker Xtreme. Not sure about its rarity.

#3 9 years ago

Pro Tip:
Be careful buying anything from a man that has a framed-photo of a white unicorn running on clouds in his home.

#4 9 years ago

They've been trying to sell that forever. I saw it about 8 months ago for sale. I believe it was $4K. I'm a HUGE Cowboys fan, but that game just doesn't look very fun.

Here's the YT video on it...

GL.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

They've been trying to sell that forever. I saw it about 8 months ago for sale. I believe it was $4K. I'm a HUGE Cowboys fan, but that game just doesn't look very fun.
Here's the YT video on it... » YouTube video
GL.

Yeah one popped up on Proxibid before TPF14. I was hoping to see it there, but did not. I bleed blue as well. I'd buy it if they price was right, just because it's Cowboys AND pinball.

Quoted from Shenanigander:Someone is asking if i want to buy this one of a kind pinball machine

How much?

#6 9 years ago

I thought I saw this too on CL last year....wanted like 10k? If it's a one of a kind...I would be scare sh&tless of breaking something on the playfield

#7 9 years ago

10k - NO WAY! That's WAY too much. I'm thinking $3500 to $4000 is fair for this one.

#8 9 years ago

How is this worth 3500 and WOF isn't. He'll I would take a monopoly or nascar before this and both those can be had for less than 3500.

#9 9 years ago

It's worth what you are willing to pay for it and what the seller willing to let it go for. Personally, I wouldn't spend more than $4000, but that's only cause it's Cowboys. It'd be an awesome fit for my home office without even having to turn it on.

#10 9 years ago

My opinion is obviously biased due to the fact I am a die hard Cowboys fan and have more Cowboy memorabilia in my office than the seller. I've never even played the game. I can promise you this, though - paying 10k for this is bananas.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

that game just doesn't look very fun.

th-8.jpegth-8.jpeg

#12 9 years ago

That machine is worth about 1500-1800. Go Big Blue!

#13 9 years ago

It's been off and on the local Craigslist within the last year or so.

#14 9 years ago

If that game was offered to me for $1500, I'd be leaving the house now to go get it!

#15 9 years ago

I agree with some of these guys -- at least $2000, but $4000 at the absolute most. Just not worth that much and I don't think it is one of a kind.

#16 9 years ago

he was asking 6k or best offer (canadian funds)

Quoted from 2FlippedOut41Mo:Pro Tip:
Be careful buying anything from a man that has a framed-photo of a white unicorn running on clouds in his home.

i missed that. good call. football and unicorns....hmmmm...

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

he was asking 6k or best offer

Yeah, 6k seems a bit pricey for that pin IMO, but I've never played it. I'd just be interested because it is a Cowboys pin. I've seen others pins like it with other teams (Eagles and Bears) like: http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=NFL&sortby=name&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#4540
I would be cautious on the "One of a kind" claim.

#18 9 years ago

Thats awesome that it has Tom landry on the side of back box. If Jerry can pull his head out and step down as GM,maybe the 'boys can win another one then that pin will be worth more.

#19 9 years ago

It's definitely a great piece for a fan of both pinball and the Boys.

#20 9 years ago

Is it custom side art or was that proto art from Stern and they decided to just use a basic all-team art package instead?

#21 9 years ago

It was a NFL converted over to the Dallas Cowboys. It is not a 1 of a kind, I have the other 1 in the works.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from 2FlippedOut41Mo:

Yeah, 6k seems a bit pricey for that pin IMO, but I've never played it. I'd just be interested because it is a Cowboys pin. I've seen others pins like it with other teams (Eagles and Bears) like: http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=NFL&sortby=name&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#4540
I would be cautious on the "One of a kind" claim.

If you played an Stern NFL then you have played the game. It's just custom done. Mine will be a little different as I recreated the plastics. I have redone them all. Plus mine will have a special powder coat and color DMD in it. Hopefully I can bring it to the Texas show next year.

Cowboy_withCuts_0017_18.jpgCowboy_withCuts_0017_18.jpg
Cowboy_withCuts_0025_26.jpgCowboy_withCuts_0025_26.jpg
Cowboy_withCuts_0020_21.jpgCowboy_withCuts_0020_21.jpg

#23 9 years ago

I thought Stern made these for any team. Could customize them upon request for whatever team you wanted when they were released.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Hopefully I can bring it to the Texas show next year.

I'm sure there's a much better chance of that than the Cowboys bringing home another trophy anytime soon.

#26 9 years ago

I swear I have seen that post before. Can't remember if it was on Proxibid, Ebay, or CL, but it's worded alike.

Those are some beautiful plastics. Great job, sir.

Quoted from wdpvideo:

If you played an Stern NFL then you have played the game. It's just custom done. Mine will be a little different as I recreated the plastics. I have redone them all. Plus mine will have a special powder coat and color DMD in it. Hopefully I can bring it to the Texas show next year.

Cowboy_withCuts_0025_26.jpg 297 KB

Cowboy_withCuts_0020_21.jpg 296 KB

Cowboy_withCuts_0017_18.jpg 572 KB

#27 9 years ago

Try to bring it to HAAG in November.

Quoted from wdpvideo:Hopefully I can bring it to the Texas show next year.

#28 9 years ago

3500! see if u can snag it looks nice tho

#29 9 years ago

interesting machine. i will pass though. id rather spend that kind of money on sooo many other machines!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/one-of-a-kind-dallas-cowboys-stern-custom-pinball-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.