• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
C9409F99-6B29-415B-9B22-7DE0CC7DC371 (resized).jpeg
#1 4 years ago

Decided to let one of my games go. I think I know which one, but figured I would seek the wisdom of pinsiders.

I have a T2, DM, JM, and JD

Which one would you let go?

#4 4 years ago

I like all of those except Dredd.

#5 4 years ago

You’ve got some lower priced pins. I made this mistake before and got rid of a few that I’d love to have back. My advice: keep them all. You didn’t really explain your reason for selling- was it money, space issue or getting a new pin? That could help eliminate one or use one for trade?

#6 4 years ago

Crazy similar tastes! I had this exact lineup at one point (and for awhile).

I think I sold my Dredd and got a Dirty Harry. So maybe try that haha.

All great pins. Too bad you can’t keep them all!

C9409F99-6B29-415B-9B22-7DE0CC7DC371 (resized).jpegC9409F99-6B29-415B-9B22-7DE0CC7DC371 (resized).jpeg
#7 4 years ago
#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

You’ve got some lower priced pins. I made this mistake before and got rid of a few that I’d love to have back. My advice: keep them all. You didn’t really explain your reason for selling- was it money, space issue or getting a new pin? That could help eliminate one or use one for trade?

Right now it is space. Have a playroom in the basement that will eventually be converted to a second room for pins.

Plus it seems like I am much better keeping up with maintenance on 3 pins. With the fourth, I feel like I don't have the time to keep everything optimally cleaned, waxed and up and running.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Crazy similar tastes! I had this exact lineup at one point (and for awhile).
I think I sold my Dredd and got a Dirty Harry. So maybe try that haha.
All great pins. Too bad you can’t keep them all![quoted image]

Wow, i was trying to decide between dh, bsd and jd at one point.
Side note: I think we used to be friends on Myspace. Maybe that is why we have similar taste in pins.

#10 4 years ago

I own JD, JM, and DM I used to own T2 about a year ago and sold it fun pin but it does get repetitive in a small collection.

#13 4 years ago

Whichever one doesn't get played.

#17 4 years ago

Find storage space and fold the least played one up.

#18 4 years ago

T2.

All the others have jumped dramatically the last 3 years while T2's price has been pretty stagnant.

#19 4 years ago

Ok. Feel free to keep the recommendations coming. I was thinking that everyone would say T2. Guests love the theme and I appreciate it as a game (especially for its time) but it isn't any fun when you have mastered super jackpot and you are playing someone who hasn't. There is literally no way to lose.

However it is the easiest game to explain the rule set to newcomers (and obviously the licence among my pins that is most likely to draw them in).
...Not that it is my responsibility to recruit new people to the hobby, but it is 10x more fun when you have people over and they gravitate towards the pins.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

Ok. Feel free to keep the recommendations coming. I was thinking that everyone would say T2. Guests love the theme and I appreciate it as a game (especially for its time) but it isn't any fun when you have mastered super jackpot and you are playing someone who hasn't. There is literally no way to lose.
However it is the easiest game to explain the rule set to newcomers (and obviously the licence among my pins that is most likely to draw them in).
...Not that it is my responsibility to recruit new people to the hobby, but it is 10x more fun when you have people over and they gravitate towards the pins.

Depends on how much you value your guests vs. your own enjoyment. I entertain a lot and it’s a real consideration on choosing games. It sounds like T2 needs to go to me if you play a lot on your own. Either way that’s one of the best lineup of underrated pins ever. Nice work.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

Decided to let one of my games go. I think I know which one, but figured I would seek the wisdom of pinsiders.
I have a T2, DM, JM, and JD
Which one would you let go?

My opinion:
Judge Dredd. It's hard to look at John Trudeau's games the same way after his conviction

#22 4 years ago

I’ve owned and sold all of them and would rebuy them again at the right price.

Demo Man is probably the weak link there for me. It’s kinda ugly and a little jtoo easy to get to Demolition Time, plus you can exploit lock freeze to run up a big score with multiple multiballs. Some damn fun shots tho.

#23 4 years ago

T2 or Dredd. You will regret selling JM. Aside from being a decent game, it has one of the best Midnight Madness modes out there.

#24 4 years ago

Agreed. A game I wanted on theme alone but every time I have played walked away disappointed.

#25 4 years ago

If you're basing it on how approachable those games are for newer players, I think Dredd it by far the most "where do you even shoot?" type of game. Replace that and T2 with The Shadow and you'd have a solid lineup with a new, tougher yet still approachable game.

#26 4 years ago

Judge Dredd shouldn’t be allowed in any game room anywhere. Therefore sell it to the next sucker dumb enough to take it. JD was by far my shortest pin ownership. Couldn’t get it out my house fast enough.

TL;DR = Dredd

#27 4 years ago

I would sell dredd but only because I have a non pin friend who wants that one someday.

He is a fan. Don't tell dredd I said this please...

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#28 4 years ago

Consider also how easy it will be to replace the game if you decide you want it back. Perhaps all of these are fairly easy to hunt back, but T2’s are definitely out there (i’ve only owned T2’s on this list, no experience with the rest).

#29 4 years ago
#30 4 years ago

Owned all of them and I’d say Dredd goes first.

#31 4 years ago

It’s got to be T2, it’s the opposite of JM in terms of theme quality to gameplay.

JM has a fantastic light show and wizard mode with crazy speed and one of the coolest toys made.

#32 4 years ago

Dredd.
T2 would be the last from this line-up.

#33 4 years ago

Wow, surprised at all the Dredd hate. Great shots, unbelievably fast for wide body, super art & sounds, two rule sets... My sense is the game gets criticized a lot due to poor maintenance/set-up and non-standard layout.

They’re all great games and excellent values - comes down to your personal taste and how much you care about casual players. Dredd is definitely the least approachable, and hardest to maintain.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

My opinion:
Judge Dredd. It's hard to look at John Trudeau's games the same way after his conviction

Dredd the Ped. Sold my Congo for the same reason.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Wow, surprised at all the Dredd hate. Great shots, unbelievably fast for wide body, super art & sounds, two rule sets... My sense is the game gets criticized a lot due to poor maintenance/set-up and non-standard layout.
They’re all great games and excellent values - comes down to your personal taste and how much you care about casual players. Dredd is definitely the least approachable, and hardest to maintain.

I agree with this.

I suppose the new Pinside theme this week is "Spread the stupidity."

Sell T2.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Same here, I've been after one for a while and finally found one and plan to have it for a while. It's really fun with good use of the drops and playfield in general...lots to shoot without feeling cramped, but what works for me may not work for others! I could never play T2 again and be happy so I'd kick T2 out long before any of the others.

#38 4 years ago

How I would think about this:
From the posts above JM is a keeper as most haven't mentioned it as the one to leave. I have owned both JD and T2 and really liked T2. I had to put some time into JD to get it 100% working so that kind of irritated me (bought it as "100%" working, should have know better). No question I would keep T2 over JD any day especially because it is easier for non-pinheads to play. I have not played DM so I can't speak to that, but I can't stand the look of it. I would either let JD or DM go, leaning more towards JD.

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Dredd the Ped. Sold my Congo for the same reason.

Same reason I took JD off my wish list.

#40 4 years ago

Dredd goes

1 month later
#41 4 years ago

Bringing out the j in my enfj.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, TX
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/one-must-go-need-advice?hl=onlydjz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.