(Topic ID: 163876)

.....One more Ghostbusters LE Review...Best # Ever!

By OLDPINGUY

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ghostbusters6_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160709_130302_(resized).jpg
20160709_130553_(resized).jpg
20160709_130538_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldpinguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I have never had the opportunity to be receiving a game early enough to feel Good about writing a review.

For this game, Im thrilled to share my experience, and appreciate your indulgence.

Crawling out of bed at 10AM after a rough night, sick dogs, some food issues, and stuff, I get a call, that Curly,
from Little Shop of games will be by in an Hour with my LE!

WAKE UP!

Now, while I am friends with Curly, it doesnt distract from the Quality delivery, and setup I received.
It is fair to say it is top Notch, and I cant recommend any higher the work he does for the hobby,
Little Shop of Games should get support for parts or games, if they arent on your list already!

Well In comes this Green Monster, and in 10 minutes we are playing! Holy Crap! Does this extend the Stern Legacy!

Allow me to share.

The Cabinet Art is Stunning!
The Stern Backglass and all the Playfield Art...2 Thumbs up.
Sound, over the top!

All the good things, whether you are thinking about a Pro, Premium, or LE....Just WOW!
(Sure there are bumps, by why not hear about the good ones too!)

On to the playfield. Outlanes are raised. No Issues.
Inserts...No Issues
Wire form Captive....Looks thicker...
Everything appearance and bug wise, at least on this one...None to be found so far.
(I have very fine zoom in eyes still for a few hours a day from 45 years of diamond grading)

On to game play......I still dont know what I am doing, but the ramp subway shot with the lock is awesome!
The Scoleri Targets...no issues....no bricks.
No lane Jumps.
Slimer is well just Insane!

Goggles look great even in Sunlight!

The shots...unique, 2 captives.....and knowing some of the thoughts on code coming....well
we ainst seen nothing yet!!!

Captive Balls are a blast!

....And my favorite....The Magna Slings!!!! Holy Crap! Now instead of a glance, because I kinda know what
the ball would be doing on my other games, I have no clue! I have swirls, and dead drops, multiple bounces...
One must now watch, maybe cringe, and adjust to the ball in a wild and crazy way sometimes!

I love Magnets, and this is a Dream come true if you like Magnets, and a new challenge to game play!
Already the family, that plays little has been hooked by the whole package, lights sound, and novel game play!

What a winner! A home run on all accounts!

Sure there can be bugs, but Ill take them in a heartbeat for what this game brings to the table!

A round of Applause from here!!!

................and the Final answer, the Game number....What else I got Game #69!!!!!

Art

20160709_130538_(resized).jpg20160709_130538_(resized).jpg

20160709_130553_(resized).jpg20160709_130553_(resized).jpg

20160709_130302_(resized).jpg20160709_130302_(resized).jpg

#10 7 years ago

Dont tell Boob!

Ive brought home so many games over 44 years...This one has Magic!
Its a universal crowd pleaser, and smiles from everyone!

Only WOZ came close.....even little kids want to see slimer move around!

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Care to share what code is coming down the pipe line?

Its more a matter of the small amount of callouts percentage wise being used.
Ive heard of more slimer modes, and another multiball....

The rest, Ill need to pull from memory, as I dont know how it relates...but theres a full year or more of updates, so Id expect more excto ghosts, and a hope....they release the proton beems, add on!

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

But Art do you REALLY like the game? Have fun my friend.

Thank you all for the well wishes! One week after endless bulb counting, Paperwork finished up...24 hours into retirement....GHOSTBUSTERS!

Yup, Paul. Im really loving both ramps, the ecto goggles and the magna slings! Well, I guess kinda everything!
A different game, IMO from the Pro.....not huge...but I think the ramps make the flow very different.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Do you think the Proton Beams add on would work with the Pro?

No idea, Id hope so....if the code and the game play benefited, and it meant a part of game play, Id hope all versions get it!

#22 7 years ago

I think whats overlooked by some that arent happy might be just early code again.
This time, its much further along at release, but with what, only 12% of the callouts or so being used, this will evolve like TWD into a masterpiece!
Everyone will see it differently, and even for me, time will tell.

The gang here tonight all agree the magna slings Rock!

Tournament players might get frustrated with the randomness, but multiball with magna slings...!!!!! Insane!

#25 7 years ago

Oh shoot.....Well I hope you like it is much as we do, my friend...!

Had a few pinheads and family over.....everything from flying airballs, to squeals of delight.

The whole package is a Joy, and up there with all the best games we know.

Its not a Music Pin, Its not superhero, Its just different and fun!

Yes, The callouts will come, and the game will lose some of the linear play, or maybe one can chose,
but the speed of the game around the orbits is like Tron.....The unknown of whether you re locking a ball in the subway?
or does it pop out?
Even a generous ball save on the VUK....Just so many great shots that have physical results seen, and point game play results.

Only a few games I have had have gotten this kind of response from players, family, and kids.

That makes it unique by theme.

Ill post in the other GB thread as well, but has anyone seen or figured out how to light 2X and or 3X playfield targets?

Ill be adding some of the general Mods available tomorrow and add some more pics.

I just hope everyone gives it a fair shot, and that some of the minor QC bugs get fixed 100%.
Its more that we all panic, I think, with a few negative reviews.

Ill say this though....Dollar for dollar, if you are in for a Premium, you are going to be getting one hell of a game, with a ton
of everything on the playfield!

No disrespect meant, but compared to like Kiss, its a transformation beyond belief!

Its TOTAN on Steroids! Moving Slimer is so Random in its movement....good luck trying to time it!
Not a hard shot, but one that always changes.

...and the music.....just great!

#30 7 years ago

Thanks! Pretty mean scoring when they go off during Multiball!

Added the sacrilegious hanging center Post.....If you get this MOD, the screw supplied was incorrect and could cause damage.

ghostbusters6_(resized).jpgghostbusters6_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
15,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
15,699 (OBO)
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 49.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldpinguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/one-more-ghostbusters-le-reviewbest-ever?tu=oldpinguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.