(Topic ID: 46365)

One month into it...Tron, LOTR and MM...oh yeah!

By VolunteerPin

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Jetzxi
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

lsu-tiger-girl.jpg
LSU-Byrd-Lafell-Bump.jpg
LSU_Football.jpg
LSU_Avatar.jpg
LSU_Oregon_2.jpg
LSU_Oregon.jpg
Tenn_2.jpg
Tenn.jpg
LSU_football2.png
SEC_3.png
SEC_Mascot.jpg
Pin_Line_Up_1_month.JPG
#1 11 years ago

Well, it has been a month since I started this incredibly fun hobby. It all started with a night out at a local pub with my family which I posted about here: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/one-family-outing-to-a-pub-was-all-it-took

Within a few days of that post i bought my first pin - a NIB Tron. Awesome fun and loving it. By the following weekend I had LOTR in my posession. My kids immediately gravitated toward the LOTR. My 10 year old would play some but the 9 year old became a budding pin afficianado very quickly. The wife at this point would play when asked but would not really go out of her way to play.

I came across the MM on pinside http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mm-for-sale and ended up making the purchase. BTW, the seller Rob was great to work with. We received the MM on Friday and has been played constantly. The 10yo and the wife both completely go out of their way and the 9 yo is the only one to break onto the high score board so far.

We had some cousins over from out of town yesterday for an overnight pitstop and I could not count how many plays those pins received in a few short hours!

By far the best part of this hobby is spending more time with the kids. I'm already a really involved dad and husband already but I cannot get enough of the wife and kids and pinball is yet another avenue to hang with them. And you know what? Not one argument has occured while playing. That, by itself is priceless and well worth the $20k I've spent so far.

Now if I can only get my playroom built. This is going to be quite a summer. Thanks to all of you pinsiders who have helped me spend my hard-earned money on pins which I never saw before purchasing. (Heck, I'd never even played MM or Tron before dropping the cash).

I think I'll be making my first donation to pinside later this week.

Y'all take care.

Darin

Pin_Line_Up_1_month.JPGPin_Line_Up_1_month.JPG

#2 11 years ago

Wow! Talk about super charging your way into the hobby! Congrats on what is already an amazing collection of three A list and highly regarded games.

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I think I'll be making my first donation to pinside later this week.

Big thumbs up for this too. With all the new traffic this site gets Robin needs all the money he can get to upgrade the servers.

#4 11 years ago

I'd get the Color DMD for MM ASAP!!!!

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Big thumbs up for this too. With all the new traffic this site gets Robin needs all the money he can get to upgrade the servers.

Let's face it...I was getting ready to drop $12k on a pin I've never seen with a title I've never played. I posted to see if a local pinsider could take a look at the pin for me. Within very short order I had numerous people make the offer. It was very nice to have someone play the pin for me and talk to me about it.

Any community where people are willing to go out of their way to help someone needs to be supported, IMO.

Again, thanks Pinsiders!

#6 11 years ago

Oh, and by the way, based on your name and location I feel safe posting this....

SEC_Mascot.jpgSEC_Mascot.jpg SEC_3.pngSEC_3.png LSU_football2.pngLSU_football2.png

#7 11 years ago

Welcome to the addiction and you and Tiger need to keep a lid on that SEC stuff

My Longhorns are gonna take it next year...

#8 11 years ago

Nice. Hopefully the Vols will start to turn it around this year.

#9 11 years ago

I sure hope you guys do . . . we need someone from the East to start beating Alabama and you guys historically are our best hope . . .

Tenn.jpgTenn.jpg Tenn_2.jpgTenn_2.jpg

#10 11 years ago

Oh please, Oregon will rip any SEC team apart in the BCS title game.

Go Ducks!!!!

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Go Ducks!!!!

So what happened then??? ROLLLLLLLLL TIDE!!!!

#12 11 years ago

Well, it has been a month since I started this incredibly fun hobby.....

Impressive so far with just one month under your belt! Congratulations!!!!

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

So what happened then??? ROLLLLLLLLL TIDE!!!!

That was Auburn in the 2010-11 title game. Oh yeah, Texas A&M is a true threat.

#14 11 years ago

wow incredible one month old collection.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

That was Auburn in the 2010-11 title game. Oh yeah, Texas A&M is a true threat.

That's right Kwik, the SEC has the best teams money can buy...how much did Newton make that year? What is the Bama payroll? Hehehe...jk (not really )

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's right Kwik, the SEC has the best teams money can buy...

Put Bama and LSU against the KC Cheifs and the Oakland Raiders. I'd pay to see that.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Put Bama and LSU against the KC Cheifs and the Oakland Raiders. I'd pay to see that.

Recruits are learning that, the fastest way into the NFL is to go through Bama!

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Recruits are learning that, the fastest way into the NFL is to go through Bama!

We'll see who gets picked first in the Draft.

#19 11 years ago

Nice collection of pins!

The year of Butch Jones! GO VOLS!!

#20 11 years ago

You know you would rather have Charlie Strong.

#21 11 years ago

Go Ducks!!!!

Don't be too quick to tout the Ducks. The last time we played Oregon, which was pretty darn recently I might add, we literally tore them from feather to feather.

Honestly, I just had to go on Wikipedia to see when exactly was the last time a Pac 10/12 school was able to defeat LSU . . . it was USC in 1979 and LSU avenged that loss in 1984 and have gone 13-0 against the Pac 10 since that time.

LSU_Oregon.jpgLSU_Oregon.jpg LSU_Oregon_2.jpgLSU_Oregon_2.jpg LSU_Avatar.jpgLSU_Avatar.jpg

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from pinhacker71:

Those were a fun couple of hours.....no doubt!

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from pinhacker71:

I was really surprised he stayed at Louisville. I went to the Sugar Bowl this January. I happened to be in N.O. with my son at the time and got some super cheap tickets so I went to go watch Florida represent the SEC . . . when that first play was a pic-6 I knew it was going to be a long game.

Odd to think a coach would rather coach Louisville than a traditional SEC power like Tennessee. I've never been to either campus so I really have no grounds for saying this but I would think Tennessee had facilities and a recruiting base far superior to Louisville. I just don't get it.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I was really surprised he stayed at Louisville. I went to the Sugar Bowl this January. I happened to be in N.O. with my son at the time and got some super cheap tickets so I went to go watch Florida represent the SEC . . . when that first play was a pic-6 I knew it was going to be a long game.
Odd to think a coach would rather coach Louisville than a traditional SEC power like Tennessee. I've never been to either campus so I really have no grounds for saying this but I would think Tennessee had facilities and a recruiting base far superior to Louisville. I just don't get it.

I suspect it's because TN will face Florida and Alabama every year. Louisville gets whichever C-listers are in the Big East at the moment.

#25 11 years ago

Yeah, and the local Vol fans are pretty tough to please. A lot of them seem a little on the ridiculous like they expect to win the SEC every year. I guess if you are a beloved coach at your school and the school significantly bumps your salary it is worth staying. Who knows. I doubt I would leave Knoxville even if someone doubled my salary as my roots are here...the kids' grandparents, our church family etc. That being said, if someone tripled it I might just have to move...

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I suspect it's because TN will face Florida and Alabama every year. Louisville gets whichever C-listers are in the Big East at the moment.

SEC schedules are brutal, no doubt about it. Still, you can win a national title at Tenn, you can't really do that in Big East (or, for that matter, the ACC).

#27 11 years ago

As for playing Florida every year, well, sometimes the only way to do it is to do it.

LSU_Football.jpgLSU_Football.jpg LSU-Byrd-Lafell-Bump.jpgLSU-Byrd-Lafell-Bump.jpg lsu-tiger-girl.jpglsu-tiger-girl.jpg

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

As for playing Florida every year, well, sometimes the only way to do it is to do it.

Nice Tiger girl!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/one-month-into-ittron-lotr-and-mmoh-yeah and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.