(Topic ID: 133190)

One man...getting his pin up a bunch of stairs...how?

By dtown

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cool-down-pink-prison-300x169.jpeg
    IMG-20121031-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20121030-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20121030-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20121030-WA0004.jpg
    image.jpg
    6481858031_e9df7fe3e6_b.jpg
    6246744646_5b76c4e89b_b.jpg
    5634963478_5af789fb7b_o.jpg
    5634964280_3b7cd9aafe_o.jpg
    IMG_1621.jpg
    spinach.gif
    IMG_0622.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dtown.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

The wife and I just moved and it took three "normal" guys busting their asses to get my Getaway up to the second floor on a normal hand truck that it was strapped to. Now, I'm not a weakling and can move a game around on flat surfaces by myself but...my new pinball room is on the second floor now. And, when I'm done in the garage with repairs, I need a way to get the heavy mo-fo up there. Modern games weigh around 275 which is just insane for me to lug up with a regular hand truck. I know there's appliance one's out there and I'm looking for suggestions. The wife gave me a whole bedroom that I can do with what I want. Yay! I just got to get the fuckers up there when I'm done with shopping in the garage. And most of the time I may have ONE guy, if that, for help.

The steps! Jebus!

IMG_0622.JPGIMG_0622.JPG

#4 8 years ago

I fixed it, Kenada. @#$%^ you!

#14 8 years ago

Disconnecting back box? For older games that were designed for this...yes. I agree completely and will always do that. But...for system 9 and forward, no, the head remains intact like the way it was designed to be.

#29 8 years ago

I used a regular hand truck with appx. 8" tires on it. Each step was a bitch to get over. I'll look at getting an appliance dolly. Something with tracks on it. The Escalera looks like a good product but no way do I have 2k to spend on a dolly. Thanks to those who helped.

Mods. You can close this thread.

#57 8 years ago

Thanks for the replies. The good thing is, most games I'd buy are meant to have the head removed. EM's are easy. I'd just gut the cabinet and carry the glass, playfield and bottom mech board separately. Cabs are pretty light when there's nothing in them.

#63 8 years ago
    Quoted from wiredoug:

strikes me the problem would go away if you shopped them upstairs in the pinball room?

Pins that I get are REALLY dirty and that would make the wife none too happy.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dtown.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/one-mangetting-his-pin-up-a-bunch-of-stairshow?tu=dtown and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.