cyrus_3.jpg
tweet.jpg
tweet5.gif
olivia-wilde-2 thumbs up.gif
image-769.jpg
200_s.gif
tron-arcade-mx-olivia-1.jpg
image.jpg
There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

If you had to pick one of these 3 as your only machine which would it be?

The Tron LE is perfect with all of the most desired mods including a blue DMD and chrome coin door.

The IM Refinery VE would be full loaded with color DMD.

Aside from the chrome coin door, the SM Black is bone stock with no visible wear.

#2 9 years ago

Hard choices. Tron is a very fun pin but it is easily beatable IMO. SM is a bit harder to get to and complete super hero. IM, well, that game is just brutal.

Long run I think SM.

#3 9 years ago

tron le for the win

image.jpgimage.jpg

#4 9 years ago

Tronnnnnnnnn!

#5 9 years ago

tron Tron TRON

tron-arcade-mx-olivia-1.jpgtron-arcade-mx-olivia-1.jpg

#6 9 years ago

Tough choices. They are all great games. However, as an only pin? That makes it really difficult. Folks here know my adoration of Tron. And I love my new IM. I always think SM is a good solid and fun game. So normally I'd rate them as Tron > IM > SM. However, being an only pin changes that. I think SM stands up better alone. Tron is a blast, and getting to Portal is tough. But the rules are made for flow. IM is just brutal, yet you always feel close. But SM always seems like a more complete game.

So with the caveat of being an only machine, my order is SM > IM > Tron. Crazy, I know. But that circumstance is just different.

#7 9 years ago

Tron...but I want all 3 of those games...

#9 9 years ago

TRON!

200_s.gif200_s.gif

#10 9 years ago

Tron LE,
End of line.

#11 9 years ago

All great games, but obviously TronLE is the best.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

tron Tron TRON

tron-arcade-mx-olivia-1.jpg 70 KB

she is so steamy!

#13 9 years ago

Tron LE. Just played mine and love it.

The other two are very good also, so if money is a concern you can't go wrong with any of them

#14 9 years ago

A perfect Tron LE with mods would be hard to pass up...

#16 9 years ago

Not to stir the pot but this also conditional but the price tag u have to pay on each of these

#17 9 years ago

I like all 3 pins but Tron LE for the win.

#18 9 years ago

Oh for God's sake... it's only the Tron owners and worshipers responding to the OP. HAHAHA

Do yourself a favor Mike... do a little research outside of Pinside. Here, where the collectors revere the precious value of the mighty Tron so much they will say just about anything to defend it's Holier than Thou Status? No. I absolutely love reading about the unwavering commitment here and still find it absolutely entertaining, but give me a break. Outside of Pinside, Tron is only deemed an average playing pin by the rest of the People on the planet that care. OOOPS! ...did I say that out loud?

Had to be said. Just once.

Post edited by moderator: Eject for trolling.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I want all 3 of those games...

I currently own all 3.And each is very different from the other .Yet change of pace is good.So if you had to choose one... you will always wonder if you should have gotten one of the other 2.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Oh for God's sake... it's only the Tron owners and worshipers responding to the OP. HAHAHA
Do yourself a favor Mike... do a little research outside of Pinside. Here, where the collectors revere the precious value of the mighty Tron so much they will say just about anything to defend it's Holier than Thou Status? No. I absolutely love reading about the unwavering commitment here and still find it absolutely entertaining, but give me a break. Outside of Pinside, Tron is only deemed an average playing pin by the rest of the People on the planet that care. OOOPS! ...did I say that out loud?

Enjoy your Simpsons!

I vote Tron

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Outside of Pinside, Tron is only deemed an average playing pin by the rest of the People on the planet that care

Where did your analytical data actually come from btw ?

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Let it flow!
image-769.jpgimage-769.jpg

#23 9 years ago

SM is the better game but I wouldn't pay the premium for the black. (I've almost done it multiple times and keep deciding it's not worth it)

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

How do you know what the entire population of the pinball demographic outside of pinside likes? I love all 3 pins. My fave is IM but in my 10 pin collection Tron and IM are the favourites amongst pinheads and non pinheads alike. Tron is a fun pin -simple enough for the walk up crowd and has enough depth too keep it from getting old in a small collection. Anyone who finds it easy, well I would like to introduce you to the Stern settings menu -maybe you could try configuring it; and clean your disk; and open your outlines; not to mention put your tilt-bobs in.

I think those 3pins are almost the stern pinball combination trifecta.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

I think those 3pins are almost the stern pinball combination trifecta.

Spot on !

#26 9 years ago

I'd go with SM myself my favorite all around pin. Code, flow, layout, toys all great IMO. I Love Tron too so not hating.

#27 9 years ago

Tron LE

#28 9 years ago

I just don't think IM is a great choice if you can only have 1 pin. I don't think Spider-Man Black is worth the premium. Tron LE seems the clear winner. If it were my cash to spend, I'd figure out a way to do 2 pins and get a modded Tron pro and and a regular SM or IM.

#29 9 years ago

Tron but SM is not close and on my wishlist !

I really d'ont see anything fun in IM...My 2 cents

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

But which one would you pick, and why? I think the BSM plays identical to the red one ( which I own) but TRONLE has different features than the Pro. Not getting your take here....

#31 9 years ago

I owned tron as a solo pin at one time and of the three I think it's the coolest of them, but it's a pretty basic ruleset. Because of this I think spiderman would keep the interest longer because of its deeper ruleset for the three. I would take spiderman

#32 9 years ago

Out of those three I would say SM...

#33 9 years ago

BSM for sure the best choice

#34 9 years ago

TRON is the better overall package; art, dots, sounds, call outs, rules, etc... best overall those 3.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

But which one would you pick, and why? I think the BSM plays identical to the red one ( which I own) but TRONLE has different features than the Pro. Not getting your take here....

I keed I keed. It's 20 degrees outside and I'm stuck at home with my car in the shop and thought I would throw some shit at the fan purely for my own selfish entertainment this evening. Someone had to do something, that Keneda guy that provides so much entertainment is still on hiatus and things have just been kind of dull on pinside with out his insidious antics.

I have no right to slam Tron for I have never played any pin other than the TWDLE I own, ever. That's why you will never find my involvement in any in depth pin discussions here, I have no credible pinball knowledge to draw upon. On the upside I'm going to make a point to attend the pin party in MO next week to actually be exposed to some tiny level of variety. And there is supposedly a Tron there! I admit if I owned a Tron I would probably bling it out and revere it too. No hate here. I pulled my facts straight from my ass.

And dammit Concretehardt, when I composed that diatribe I was actually chuckling out loud with glee anticipating the filthy hate storm that would be thrown upon me. I was going to use that very meme you posted in response to all the malevolence directed my way to fuel it just a bit more before I came clean. And where the hell is Rarehero? This was tailor made for him to thumb me down.

So to the OP and all you major collectors and serious pinball gurus my sincerest apologies. I was only funning and while my intention was in poor taste, I hope some of you may have been mildly entertained. I'm embarrassed now.

Still, color me impressed with everyone's modest behavior. It must be an off night here.

Oh, the three pins in question do seem like a mighty fine dilemma to ponder from all that I have absorbed on pinside. If I had to choose... I'd say TWD.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

I keed I keed. It's 20 degrees outside and I'm stuck at home with my car in the shop and thought I would throw some shit at the fan purely for my own selfish entertainment this evening. Someone had to do something, that Keneda guy that provides so much entertainment is still on hiatus and things have just been kind of dull on pinside with out his insidious antics.
I have no right to slam Tron for I have never played any pin other than the TWDLE I own, ever. That's why you will never find my involvement in any in depth pin discussions here, I have no credible pinball knowledge to draw upon. On the upside I'm going to make a point to attend the pin party in MO next week to actually be exposed to some tiny level of variety. And there is supposedly a Tron there! I admit if I owned a Tron I would probably bling it out and revere it too. No hate here. I pulled my facts straight from my ass.
And dammit Concretehardt, when I composed that diatribe I was actually chuckling out loud with glee anticipating the filthy hate storm that would be thrown upon me. I was going to use that very meme you posted in response to all the malevolence directed my way to fuel it just a bit more before I came clean. And where the hell is Rarehero? This was tailor made for him to thumb me down.
So to the OP and all you major collectors and serious pinball gurus my sincerest apologies. I was only funning and while my intention was in poor taste, I hope some of you may have been mildly entertained. I'm embarrassed now.
Still, color me impressed with everyone's modest behavior. It must be an off night here.
Oh, the three pins in question do seem like a mighty fine dilemma to ponder from all that I have absorbed on pinside. If I had to choose... I'd say TWD.

Ha...no worries, I was more curious about the comment....didn't offend me at all....I'm certainly not a major collector, just an enthusiast, for sure.....Kanada? I never understood the point in his posts either....take it easy man, all good...mark

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

she is so steamy!

olivia-wilde-2 thumbs up.gifolivia-wilde-2 thumbs up.gif

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Lol. I am a tron devotee and like it better than the others. But in answer to the OP, if you are only having one machine, SM is the choice. It will entertain far longer as a lone pin. And I own/have owned all three.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Dumbest post ever on pin side

edit----I have a version of all 3 of the titles. TRON is the winner by far!

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Dumbest post ever on pin side
edit----I have a version of all 3 of the titles. TRON is the winner by far!

Pfffft... by far! Right

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Pfffft... by far! Right

Yes, by far.

#44 9 years ago

lol You can relax centerflank I'm just teasing ya. Did you miss post #35? I'll stop.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Did you miss post #35?

No, I don't read posts more than 70 letters, I find they are usually a waste of time.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

No, I don't read posts more than 70 letters, I find they are usually a waste of time.

Next time I'll tweet

#47 9 years ago

I don't know what that is.

like this?

tweet5.giftweet5.gif

#48 9 years ago

That's just hurtful

tweet.jpgtweet.jpg

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I don't know what that is.
like this?

No I think it's a form of dirty dancing made famous by Billy Ray Cyrus . Also Tron is pretty good But I vote for Spiderman.

cyrus_3.jpgcyrus_3.jpg
#50 9 years ago

Spider man

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 24.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 25.95
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/one-machine-tron-le-im-refinery-or-sm-black and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.