Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by ledge
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

no budget or for that matter, no room for multiple machines, unfortunately.
    if you could only have one machine which would it be.?

#2 10 years ago

ACDC Premium. A lot of other threads on this same topic.

#3 10 years ago

I would choose AFM or Tron out of my current lineup. You will soon find out money and room are just relative to what you are willing to do with them. Who needs a couch or a dinner table....

Good luck on your quest

#4 10 years ago

AFM is a good choice. MM would also be a good one. A bally or stern classic would be a good choice as well. A title like seawitch stargazer centaur or ebd would fit the bill.

#5 10 years ago

New in box titles : Star Trek pro. Or X-men LE. About the same price NIB now. Both great games. Lots of modes fast gameplay etc.

A list: Twilight zone, lord of the rings.

Budget B list games:. The shadow, johnny mnemonic.
    Pinball 2000 revenge from mars.

Older Generation system 11: Taxi, Pinbot.

Older still: firepower, medusa, fireball classic.

If I could only pick 1, it would be a choice of any of these depending on budget and preference of age.

#6 10 years ago

thanks for the quick responses. yeah i was thinking AFM. MM is a pretty rare find here in australia, and the one particular place that does have them is wanting over 13k. ive also considered LoTR.

#7 10 years ago

Play a bunch of machines and figure out which you like. It really depends on what type of game you prefer. Newer or older? Fast or slower? Deep rules? All kinds of options out there.

#8 10 years ago

One big ole mint TAF.

#9 10 years ago

yeah that too. ^^. what i need is room and a budget for 6 pins. : P

#10 10 years ago

WPT. Nice flow, lots of things to shoot (incl. 16 drop targets), pretty darned deep, and best rule integration of any pin ever made.

#11 10 years ago

TSPP. Best in a 1 pin collection.

#12 10 years ago

Play a few first then decide.. Ive owned numerous machines now and most have left whilst others come in.

Indiana Jones Williams is brilliant.
    Tron is great, esp the LE.
    Star trek LE is fantastic.
    Monster bash is great.

If I had to choose one it would be a toss up between Start trek LE or Indiana Jones.

#13 10 years ago

Money is no option then AC/DC premium.

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from BigB:

ACDC Premium. A lot of other threads on this same topic.

+1

doesnt get any better then this.

#15 10 years ago

Some good titles offered to ponder. My suggestion? Only ONE and nothing but one machine to have?

Twilight Zone.

#16 10 years ago

In Australia?

As mentioned above TAF or a well maintained TZ.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

+1
    doesnt get any better then this.

+1. I only gt room for 2 games and i got WOZ/STLE. If my brother in law didnt have AC/DC i would pick it over both WOZ and STLE every day of the week!

#18 10 years ago

thanks again, great replies. much appreciated.

yeah Melbourne, Chalk. your team i feel will do well this year.

im no pinball wizard, i hear TZ is quite tough. ? its got the fun factor tho yeah?

#19 10 years ago

TZ is not that hard. TZ was my first ever pinball and i was a bad player, but i did set extra ball on score insted of replay and i did "beat the game" a few times. If you like "stop-n-go" buy it, else look for something else.
    I know a lot of people here loves TZ, sure its fun but i would rather get a new Stern. Since it was my first ever game i did play it A LOT so i'm kind of sick at it

Whats the cost for a TZ and a new stern in Australia? Where i live you can get a TZ for 3K and a new stern is like 8-12K so its a big diffrence.

What kind of games do you like? Flow? Deep rules?

#20 10 years ago

Rescue 911
    Deadly Weapon
    Operation Thunder
    or
    Lights, Camera, Action

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from Zuel:

Rescue 911
    Deadly Weapon
    Operation Thunder
    or
    Lights, Camera, Action

He is talking about a TZ or AFM and your pick is Rescue 911 ?
    What did you put in your morning coffee ?

#22 10 years ago

To me TZ is challenging / satisfying to play.AFM has the fun factor.New Sterns here are outrageously priced from what I see.Our dollar now at 87 cents compared to the US doesn't help.

Can't go wrong with a clean TAF TZ or maybe Jugde dredd going on availability.

#23 10 years ago

id prefer flow, over deep rules. TZ here, like 6-8k. Theres quite a few Dredds around 4sale, but id be going a LAH over a Dredd, personally if it came to that. probably leanin towards the TAF, or TOM. also really enjoyed scared stiff.

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from ledge:

no budget or for that matter, no room for multiple machines, unfortunately.
    if you could only have one machine which would it be.?

F40

#25 10 years ago

Think some of the above guys are selling themselves a bit short.....AC/DC BIBLE should be the answer in place of the premium. It is a fanstatic game....I have to get my hands on an AC/DC!

#26 10 years ago

If TZ is 8K down there, get a AC/DC instead (Premium or LE) If you dont like the theme go for ST.

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from ledge:

thanks again, great replies. much appreciated.
    yeah Melbourne, Chalk. your team i feel will do well this year.
    im no pinball wizard, i hear TZ is quite tough. ? its got the fun factor tho yeah?

TZ is tough, for me I had one 6 years never got far. But it's fun.

I currently have all Stern, I would say acdc premium or Tron whichever theme you like better.

But for me, Tron is the best pin.

#28 10 years ago

Well the no budget equals no machine.

#29 10 years ago

no budget for "multiple" machines. why i am here if i havent got a budget at all ..

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/one-machine-to-get-opinions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.