• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

star-jet_(resized).jpg
bogus_(resized).jpg
Arnie.jpg
There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

An appalled Dirtflipper sent me this sickening video. A sad end to a hard to find game.

#2 7 years ago

GRC turning into TNT amusements? Cabinet isn't pristine, so strip off all the parts from the cabinet and sell the parts?

I think both Mike and Ray are realizing there isn't as much profit to be made in pinball refurb because of all the collectors doing it for less. So why not part out the machine for more than the machine as a whole?

#3 7 years ago

Nice playfield + nice backglass= better than most Star-Jets out there. Oh well... time marches on...

#4 7 years ago

Does Arnie work at GRC? Just waiting for the realization to set in....

Arnie.jpgArnie.jpg

#5 7 years ago

At least they took the time to freshly paint Shit and Fnck on the side of the game before smashing it to pieces.

A lot of companies would not go that extra mile.

#6 7 years ago

What a waste........

#7 7 years ago

Death by bunga bunga.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

What a waste........

Like my neighbor the sheriff always says "Stupid people do stupid things."

#9 7 years ago

Wow. Low production numbers and high rating. No one would ever have wanted that. Good thing they abused and destroyed it.

#10 7 years ago

Obvious trolling by GRC

#11 7 years ago

My Bally pinball soul just died inside right now...

#12 7 years ago

bogus_(resized).jpgbogus_(resized).jpg

#13 7 years ago

According to their videos, GRC has basically turned into a chop shop for coin op games & equipment.

It's a real shame.

#14 7 years ago

Not trying to defend GRC. (wouldn't know them from Adam). In the comment section of the video it does state, "All parts are sold".
So if that is a true statement, then it looks other Star-Jet Pins will benefit.

Although it's a sad sight to see a playable game, disappear into a dumpster.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Not trying to defend GRC. (wouldn't know them from Adam). In the comment section of the video it does state, "All parts are sold".
So if that is a true statement, then it looks other Star-Jet Pins will benefit.

Don't forget a lot of pinsiders turn EM playfields and backglasses into wall art. Never to see a machine again. Lame.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Don't forget a lot of pinsiders turn EM playfields and backglasses into wall art

"True, That!"

#17 7 years ago

that is why GRC has a bad reputation, it is all about the dollar.
they might make a few more dollars than if they just sold the complete machine..
a sad day in the pinball world

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

that is why GRC has a bad reputation, it is all about the dollar.

It a "GRC Value"

Ken

#19 7 years ago

These guys must have watched a little too much Tommy and smoked a little too much crack.

#20 7 years ago

I can't quite see what the point of the video is. What are they trying to portray?

"Hey, we smash up old machines that work ok" ?

"We can't be bothered tidying up this machine that is totally saveable" ?

"We could have restored this cabinet but we would rather spend a few hours writing fu*k on it, man we are cool" ?

"Hey, let's film this and piss off the pinball guys. That'll be funny" ?

Can't see how any of the above make any business sense.

Maybe that's just me.

rd

#21 7 years ago

Perhaps they didn't think it qualified as a "game room collectable".

#22 7 years ago

The sum is greater than the parts, in this instance. What's next, pushing a Gottlieb Mermaid off of a diving board because it's got a chipped coin door?

#23 7 years ago

What no fire. I was expecting fire and was disappointed. 2/10

#24 7 years ago

I threw an offer and bought the parts in whole earlier today, around 11 AM when it first popped up. Picking up tomorrow. Going into a new cabinet and coming back to life. I was worried but I knew if I acted quick this could be put back together!

Even asked him to pull the light board out of the trash because it was thrown but not broken and I knew I wouldn't be able to come across it again, and luckily the trash didn't come yet so he did. So excited!

I will be fixing this, restoring it, and will definitely be sharing the love around Allentown and the York shows. (Although not this year's Allentown, of course)

#25 7 years ago

I guess the video is now unavailable, but here is the machine they repainted.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

I will be fixing this, restoring it, and will definitely be sharing the love around Allentown and the York shows. (Although not this year's Allentown, of course)

Great news, good on You..

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

but here is the machine they repainted.

There must be some really proud Parents, after seeing that paint job.
The next door business must of liked seeing that out front as well.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I guess the video is now unavailable, but here is the machine they repainted.

piss_(resized).jpg

Video just played for me. Enjoy!

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

I threw an offer and bought the parts in whole earlier today, around 11 AM when it first popped up. Picking up tomorrow.

Congrats! Not many Star-Jets left and a cool looking game.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I guess the video is now unavailable,

Right - now set to "private": could not see it.

#31 7 years ago

Wonder if that Black knight (in the back ground) will get the same treatment eventually.

#32 7 years ago

Here is the video on the second channel, same exact video uploaded twice:

I will post lots of pictures tomorrow.

#33 7 years ago

shenanigans -- when they are destroying it, there is just an empty cab. no playfield, no backglass, no boards, no parts. they destroyed a cabinet that was probably already ruined anyway. big deal.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Right - now set to "private": could not see it.

Picture a perfectly good Star-Jet being thrashed.

#35 7 years ago

Pretty childish really.

Lets see what reaction we get doing this.

The cabinet was structurally very good so they could have sold it easily. So they just threw money way to get free publicity.

#36 7 years ago

Ughh, as a collector who has been searching for a star jet for years, this just sucks. Glad someone at least got the parts.

#37 7 years ago

Otaku, you're my hero! Looking forward to seeing this come back to life after that vulgar desecration. Sick morons!

#38 7 years ago

star-jet_(resized).jpgstar-jet_(resized).jpg

#39 7 years ago

I have done some real PROJECTS but this is going to be a good one.
you did get one worth doing.

#40 7 years ago

So, they removed all the components from the lightbox board instead of just removing the screws around the perimeter and lifting out the whole thing? I hope you've posted ads looking for a donor cabinet. Scour the flea market at Allentown for sure.

#41 7 years ago

You should make the cabinet out of acrylic , that would be awesome to see. Like others have said, I too don't see what the point of the video was in the first place...pretty stupid actually. I'm wondering if they painted the cabinet that way or did they get it like that? I am curious how much you had to pay for those parts though ?

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

So, they removed all the components from the lightbox board instead of just removing the screws around the perimeter and lifting out the whole thing? I hope you've posted ads looking for a donor cabinet. Scour the flea market at Allentown for sure.

They were boxed up to be sold seperately, unfortunately. The only reason I have the board is because I asked him to dig it out of the dumpster. It was considered "cabinet".

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

You should make the cabinet out of acrylic , that would be awesome to see. Like others have said, I too don't see what the point of the video was in the first place...pretty stupid actually. I'm wondering if they painted the cabinet that way or did they get it like that? I am curious how much you had to pay for those parts though ?
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

They painted it, although I think the cabinet had already been painted white in parts previously (I can tell by the head and the coin door being painted).

As for the money, I have more into this than I probably should (and that I would never pay for any other title in this condition unless it was also very desirable, rare, and a good game) but I think it will turn out really nice and I could make it back for sure if it ever came to that. I knew if I didn't do this I would never be able to get a Star-Jet, not only because they never pop up, but also because if one did I wouldn't be able to afford it.

I can't imagine paying the money some do for brand new playfields and whatnot, so maybe it isn't all that much. It's subjective I suppose.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Death by bunga bunga.

Wow, you are the second person I hurd use that term.my oldest brother being the first...a long time ago.
where did that come from?

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from Dr_of_Style:

Wow, you are the second person I hurd use that term.my oldest brother being the first...a long time ago.

It would be best if you Googled "Bunga Bunga". It is an old joke involving,, well,,,, something that is not suppose to be on Family Friendly Pinside.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from Dr_of_Style:

Hehe. Regional differences. Around here it was always "death by ooga booga".

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Perhaps they didn't think it qualified as a "game room collectable".

Ya, collectible like their $6000.00 Gottlieb Roller Disco they have had for years. "best on the planet". I think I'll cross these guys off my list.

#49 7 years ago

Good on DF, Alexf and Otaku! I like how that all went down.

1 week later
#50 7 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

Hehe. Regional differences. Around here it was always "death by ooga booga".

"Unga Bunga" here.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/one-less-star-jet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.